Personal Insults & Acceptable Forum Behaviour - Your View

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

CE Rules on Personal Insults...

Should not be allowed at all
42%
Should be allowed, with modifications to current rules
3%
Should remain as they are - anything goes
26%
Let's first define what a personal insult actually is
19%
It doesn't matter to me
11%

Total votes: 74

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Personal Insults & Acceptable Forum Behaviour - Your Vie

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
bouncino wrote:When is the vote ending?
The poll has been up for only 5 days with 61 votes so far. It'd be nice to get to 100 votes at least.
Time-wise, I think 3 weeks is fair, if not 4.

By the way, this is Damunk's official poll.
It.

fixed :biggrin:
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Waffiman wrote:
Damunk wrote:Moved to Eagles Nest for a while to catch the heavier traffic in here.
There are some that rarely visit Rant n Rave (and vice versa)
I appreciate this thread for it has led to a debate again on this issue. I have at times responded to insults in kind myself.

The poll is interesting, hopefully we can all meet in the middle ground on this issue.
You always response with emotional insults, you let issues that are subject related to become personal.

Whenever someone is criticising an Arsenal player or Arsene Wenger, you take personal offense and start attacking that person with insults and innuendos. Respond with facts or don't respond at all. Keep your insults to yourself.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

I voted "Insult should not be allowed at all " we already have a Face to Face forum dedicated to insults. I also support an automatic ban for anyone insulting another forumer, if people can't deal with their personal emotions they should consider taking drugs.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Damunk wrote:
bouncino wrote:When is the vote ending?
The poll has been up for only 5 days with 61 votes so far. It'd be nice to get to 100 votes at least.
Time-wise, I think 3 weeks is fair, if not 4.

By the way, this isn't Damunk's poll.
Its official.
Thanks
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

realtrouble wrote:I voted "Insult should not be allowed at all " we already have a Face to Face forum dedicated to insults. I also support an automatic ban for anyone insulting another forumer, if people can't deal with their personal emotions they should consider taking drugs.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
seara
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by seara »

King Futcha wrote:
seara wrote:Maybe you've a setting on in you're browser, or an add-on, that is keeping it from working?
thank you seara... i had to change the board style i use, to vote,
thanks king... i'm glad you figured it out :smile:
i have withdrawn my lawsuit.
hehehe :biggrin:
Don't take us too serious, we're here to Rant and Rave. - otite
accidental on purpose - Cellular
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:There has been an increasingly louder cry for better monitoring of insults on the forum and indeed a revision of the rules as they apply now.

You all know that personal insults are not regarded as being against the rules and many forumers have taken advantage of this.

There have been attempts in the past to review this but was met with stiff resistance from those who believe it will kill the vibrancy of the forum.

Once upon a time people were able to exercise their better judgement and keep the 'abuse' to harmless 'yabbis' aka njakiri and all was good with the world.

But society changes, becomes more permissive and people push boundaries. So CE had to ban parental insults which were creeping in but which are now largely being kept in check. However, the personal insults are far more frequent, direct, vitriolic and what's worse, are often being used to goad their targets into reckless responses which from time to time get them banned for breaking the rules.

Though there really is no excuse for flouting the established rules of engagement, there have been requests to try and get a grip on this type of provocative behaviour which is deemed unacceptable by many.

Below is a thread from back in 2012, started by Ohsee which debated this very topic. As you can see, there were strong arguments both for and against and I suspect it may not be too different today, 5 years later.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=228308

The personal views of the mods and admins do not count but they are all well documented in the various discussion threads. So a poll will appear shortly to try and track what people are thinking. Please try and log your views on the matter so we all get a rough idea of where the weight of opinion lies.

The responses and the poll should be able to drive a decision either for or against.
Damunk, thanks for raising this issue which I think is LONG overdue to be addressed. Initially, there were no insults metered to fellow Forumers in this Site; therefore, was the BEST Site to be. However, over the period (years), people think they can respond to others by being RUDE or through insults and so they must be listened to.

For example, of what value is a response by a member to another when his/her post (response) starts with: "Shot the FUCCK up" (STFU)? If what was written by a member is not to your liking, state your opinion, position or opposition, but with respect. Alternatively, LEAVE the post alone and move on.

Anyway, whatever you guys (moderators) do, please allow (give) me six months to DEAL with Bigpokey24; that's all. I have had enough of him and I believe it's time for me to show him the other side of the Coin.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Man Ataye wrote:
Lolly wrote:Personal insults should not be allowed. This place is not Nairaland.
2nded.... deal with things maturally!!!!!!!! Biko
Thanks guys, very good points :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: . Insulting others adds nothing to the issue which needs to be debated
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:Those saying nothing should be done should go to Ghanaweb. When the insult started nothing was done. Sooner or later people will get tired of the rubbish they read and contribute less and later withdraw visiting the site.

There are provocateurs who continue to insult or question others ability for "critical thinking" as if only their opinion matters, theirs.

I have resolved to return fire for fire because years of ignoring people only encourage them to continue. That is the slippery slope that will eventually consume this site unless the mods step up and start policing the rules.
If mods cannot call someone to order then they have no moral authority to expect the insulted to sit there and take it like he's not flesh and blood
... thank you - Chief! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

aruako1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Those saying nothing should be done should go to Ghanaweb. When the insult started nothing was done. Sooner or later people will get tired of the rubbish they read and contribute less and later withdraw visiting the site.

There are provocateurs who continue to insult or question others ability for "critical thinking" as if only their opinion matters, theirs.

I have resolved to return fire for fire because years of ignoring people only encourage them to continue. That is the slippery slope that will eventually consume this site unless the mods step up and start policing the rules.
If mods cannot call someone to order then they have no moral authority to expect the insulted to sit there and take it like he's not flesh and blood
Thank you. We are not talking about the usual friendly jibes (we have seen some on this thread). We have a thread about Isaac Success that has so many disgusting insults. And this is on EN, the public face of CE. With the increase of non-member traffic to EN during the world cup season is that what we want to portray? I am sure that is not the case otherwise we would not have banned words like 1diot, four one nine etc. You do not need insults to make a forum interesting. The danger is those who go from these to thread disrupting discussions with insults while adding nothing else.
... exactly! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ANC wrote:
Prince wrote:I haven't read this thread but I support Zee in his right to insult:
Dr Sab
AIr head
Ijonnywaka

you mean 1jonnywaka?

:lol: :lol:
who be dat? when was this name released?
Exactly what I was going to ask? :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

There was a time I used to bother.

We come to CE to let off steam. And to be honest I think the place is moderated far better than a few years ago.

As long as you continue doing what has worked for the past 3 years or so, kigbasaram? :mad:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

person need 6 months :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: kai when i say some people lack basic thinking skills, nah true i talk.. 6 freaking months nah next year... oh my :lol: :lol: :lol: olodorapata oju egba lo mo jeh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:person need 6 months :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: kai when i say some people lack basic thinking skills, nah true i talk.. 6 freaking months nah next year... oh my :lol: :lol: :lol: olodorapata oju egba lo mo jeh
Mumu, if you have your so called "critical thinking skills", you would have known what the six (6) months I asked for, means. I have told you several times to go back to school and to date you have refused to do so. Continue to believe your Community College education is all you NEED, dummy!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:person need 6 months :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: kai when i say some people lack basic thinking skills, nah true i talk.. 6 freaking months nah next year... oh my :lol: :lol: :lol: olodorapata oju egba lo mo jeh
Mumu, if you have your so called "critical thinking skills", you would have known what the six (6) months I asked for, means. I have told you several times to go back to school and to date you have refused to do so. Continue to believe your Community College education is all you NEED, dummy!
read that part of your signature wey talk about knowledge :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: kai odas, how can we on CE help you improve intellectually? real talk
SuperEagles

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Odas wrote:
At moment, you have 73,861 posts, many of which are meaningless. On the other hand, DO YOU HAVE A JOB at all? Do you have a job? Why 73,861 posts? I wonder why they let you have access to a PC in your psychiatric ward.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
read that part of your signature wey talk about knowledge :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: kai odas, how can we on CE help you improve intellectually? real talk
You are so intelligent as claimed, yet you can't tell the deference between ACTION and ACTIONS. Hmm, what type of school did you attend? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop your weird lust for a fellow man, please :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: E don kill your brain
Last edited by Odas on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
73,861 - posts? Wow! I ask again, do you HAVE A JOB?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
You are so intelligent as claimed, yet you can't tell the deference between ACTION and ACTIONS. Hmm, what type of school did you attend? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop your weird lust for a fellow man, please :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: E don kill your brain
I went to the following Schools( Angela Nursery and Primary School for one year)
Then, the Learning Field Primary school from stage 2 until stage 6

Went to FGC.Odogbolu . Went to the following Colleges,University of Houston, took a few Transient classes at TSU for 2 semesters( also took a Semester at HCC.. so in one semester , I attended 2 universities and one community college..That was crazy, 18 hours ( I had to tell a lie at the University of Houston , because they won't allow you work full-time and take more than 12-15 hours a semester( so that's why i took classes at the other universities.( i do have some student loans though )

I have been working at the same company for 7 years now, the previous company i worked there for 4 years.

We are in the year 2017 , everyone has access to a mobile device, PC etc and the internet is available 24/7... I have been a member of CE since the early 2000s or late 90s,i cannot remember ........ the forum was changed so we all had new established dates, I should have more than 73 k post..I enjoy CE and there's nothing you can do to stop me from visiting this forum everyday of my life until the almighty calls me home. I will be purchasing some shares to become the majority owner of this forum.

Now Odas, why do you struggle to express yourself on CE? It also seems like you really do not understand comments posted , you always re-ask the obvious questions. One would think, just maybe you may have some health conditions up there ..it's ok ..it's normal, do not be afraid to ask forumers to help you explain how to understand simple comments.

You are making easy things so complicated for yourself, and I have so much empathy for the slow learners. All will be well Odas, All Will be well.. don't give up, you will eventually improve your reasoning skills.....however if we enter 2018 and you still dey struggle, you fit enroll for your nearest community college and sign up of psychology 1301 and you can focus on the critical thinking skills curriculum . It will help you reason in a much better way.....

I am suspecting rasak(aka wale74) and kajifu sabi book pass you, and that no be correct thing to yarn for this forum ooo
SuperEagles

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Can we wrap this up now? Thread has now derailed due to the usual insults.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:

I went to the following Schools( Angela Nursery and Primary School for one year)
Then, the Learning Field Primary school from stage 2 until stage 6

Went to FGC.Odogbolu . Went to the following Colleges,University of Houston, took a few Transient classes at TSU for 2 semesters( also took a Semester at HCC.. so in one semester , I attended 2 universities and one community college..That was crazy, 18 hours ( I had to tell a lie at the University of Houston , because they won't allow you work full-time and take more than 12-15 hours a semester( so that's why i took classes at the other universities.( i do have some student loans though )

I have been working at the same company for 7 years now, the previous company i worked there for 4 years.

We are in the year 2017 , everyone has access to a mobile device, PC etc and the internet is available 24/7... I have been a member of CE since the early 2000s or late 90s,i cannot remember ........ the forum was changed so we all had new established dates, I should have more than 73 k post..I enjoy CE and there's nothing you can do to stop me from visiting this forum everyday of my life until the almighty calls me home. I will be purchasing some shares to become the majority owner of this forum.

Now Odas, why do you struggle to express yourself on CE? It also seems like you really do not understand comments posted , you always re-ask the obvious questions. One would think, just maybe you may have some health conditions up there ..it's ok ..it's normal, do not be afraid to ask forumers to help you explain how to understand simple comments.

You are making easy things so complicated for yourself, and I have so much empathy for the slow learners. All will be well be well.. don't give up, you will eventually improve your reasoning skills.....however if we enter 2018 and you still dey struggle, you fit enroll for your nearest community college and sign up of psychology 1301 and you can focus on the critical thinking skills curriculum . It will help you reason in a much better way.....

I am suspecting rasak(aka wale74) and kajifu sabi book pass you, and that no be correct thing to yarn for this forum ooo
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You went to all those schools and CANNOT differentiate between ACTION and ACTIONS? :lol: :lol: You must have PAID to obtain your diploma (degree) if you actually have one. Oh, my fault, I forgot your education is - Community College - dominated and it shows in your writings, else why do you not know sentences are began with CAPITAL LETTERS. From your post - in above - it seems you don't have a bachelors degree which means your being in the USA for over 40 years is a waste. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In this your post, it seems you have learned something from me. You started the sentences correctly; that is, with CAPITAL LETTERS. However, please be sure to retain what you have learned for next time :lol: :lol: :lol: You are making improvement - though. :clap: :clap: :clap:

After seven (7) years of employment, you are still owing the United States Federal government for your school loans? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kai, dummy, you should not be owing school loan for your Associate degree after working for seven years. It is understandable if you are owing because you used it to pursue a doctorate degree. Concentrate, stop thinking of how you will OPEN YOUR ARSE and put OIL in it so another man can PUMP it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by Odas on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

odas, I didn't read all that torey wey you write, abeg summarize am.. that was one long boring paragraph ..or better yet record am for youtube make we hear how you sound
SuperEagles

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:odas, I didn't read all that torey wey you write, abeg summarize am.. that was one long boring paragraph ..or better yet record am for youtube make we hear how you sound
Mumu, you see I am NOT your type - finally? Well, take it to your Community College professors to tell you what I wrote. Whatever you do, please remember I was ONLY responding to your community College educational bragging :lol: :lol:

I say from now on, na me and you for hia. We go see! Again, TWO (2) years ago, I told you to move-on and you refused. Now, the game is ON!
Last edited by Odas on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.