Personal Insults & Acceptable Forum Behaviour - Your View

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

CE Rules on Personal Insults...

Should not be allowed at all
42%
Should be allowed, with modifications to current rules
3%
Should remain as they are - anything goes
26%
Let's first define what a personal insult actually is
19%
It doesn't matter to me
11%

Total votes: 74

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Personal Insults & Acceptable Forum Behaviour - Your Vie

Post by aruako1 »

Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:Looks like some folks can't take the heat and won't get out of the kitchen, what is personal insult? Very soon now you people will come with a rule where we can't abuse your favorite leader. Idle folks. :)
It is not that. I can personally give as good as I get. However, on many threads about a topic, after some time all we read are insults. While njakiri and passionate discussion is fine, we need to have a look especially where threads are derailed due to insults. I am guilty as well.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:Looks like some folks can't take the heat and won't get out of the kitchen, what is personal insult? Very soon now you people will come with a rule where we can't abuse your favorite leader. Idle folks. :)
Which people are you referring to?
This is why you retook your WAEC five times.
Who you think say dey complain? :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No changes needed.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

We can't do much about Uncle 1naira and his favorite liquid but just ban Zee and restrict Mumucal to read-only mode and we are all fine :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
otite
Egg
Egg

Post by otite »

This site is named Rant and Rave, How do you do that without crushing some people feelings. When you feel insulted, get out of that page and wait for an opportunity to hit back. :lol:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

YemiBrazil wrote:We can't do much about Uncle 1naira and his favorite liquid but just ban Zee and restrict Mumucal to read-only mode and we are all fine :mrgreen:
...you and that your idiotic friend that threatened to run me out of CE since I signed on here have morphed into changing monikers to rant and vent. Shame on you all mofo cons, go form yah own club 4uckyahsefs :boo:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

otite wrote:This site is named Rant and Rave, How do you do that without crushing some people feelings. When you feel insulted, get out of that page and wait for an opportunity to hit back. :lol:
Well it is not happening only on rant and rave. Have you clicked the Isaac Success thread on the public Eagles Nest?
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

aruako1 wrote:
It is not that. I can personally give as good as I get. However, on many threads about a topic, after some time all we read are insults. While njakiri and passionate discussion is fine, we need to have a look especially where threads are derailed due to insults. I am guilty as well.
So, instead of "looking", why don't you just change your behaviour? Then the thread would only "get derailed" if you are unique.
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:We can't do much about Uncle 1naira and his favorite liquid but just ban Zee and restrict Mumucal to read-only mode and we are all fine :mrgreen:
...you and that your idiotic friend that threatened to run me out of CE since I signed on here have morphed into changing monikers to rant and vent. Shame on you all mofo cons, go form yah own club 4uckyahsefs :boo:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Mumucal baba, we understand. We know you imagine things and that's why you should be restricted to read-only mode :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

sinequanon wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
So, instead of "looking", why don't you just change your behaviour? Then the thread would only "get derailed" if you are unique.
And where did I suggest otherwise? Does 'we' not include me? This is a general problem and I am, by no means and despite my post, not one of the major culprit. Please feel free to contribute to the thread instead of turning your focus to me. Thank you.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If you go about in the public hurling insults at people it potrays something fundamentally wrong with the upbringing...no need crying about parental insults. If personal insults are allowed it is sheer hypocrisy claiming parental insults are not allowed.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

aruako1 wrote:
sinequanon wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
And where did I suggest otherwise? Does 'we' not include me? This is a general problem and I am, by no means and despite my post, not one of the major culprit. Please feel free to contribute to the thread instead of turning your focus to me. Thank you.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Capital! The irony of it!

I am focusing on you, because you are an example of what I want to talk about! i.e because you are an example of something topical. Avoiding anything personal is an indulgence that gets in the way of discussion. Thank you for providing an example.

Your post was a complaint without any solution. When I supply the solution, you complain.

OK. How do you suggest I should have worded my observation?

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Time was when this forum engaged in meaningful debates with facts to back up positions taken.
Things started going wrong when group politics got introduced to discussions. Worse still is the addition
of fake news and comedy to serious issues by some 'senior members' without any sanctions by the those
in charge. There are many threads that should have been closed, but the moderators allowed the insults
because the 'big oga them' herein are involved.
Just like the Nigeria we all like to criticize, this forum is a reflection of that. The road to sanity and intelligent
discuss rests with the governing body running things with an unbiased approach.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

joao wrote:Time was when this forum engaged in meaningful debates with facts to back up positions taken.
Things started going wrong when group politics got introduced to discussions. Worse still is the addition
of fake news and comedy to serious issues
by some 'senior members' without any sanctions by the those
in charge. There are many threads that should have been closed, but the moderators allowed the insults
because the 'big oga them' herein are involved.
Just like the Nigeria we all like to criticize, this forum is a reflection of that. The road to sanity and intelligent
discuss rests with the governing body running things with an unbiased approach.
Quit posting nonsense.........sometimes the best contribution to a topic is silence, just do that.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

joao wrote:There are many threads that should have been closed...
Closing the thread achieves very little. All it does is close down any possibility of meaningful discussion on the subject. By doing so, you really hand the initiative to the clowns.

Why is it that the people able to have meaningful discussion don't confine their "meaningful and informed debates" with one another?

That way, everybody is happy. The swine can roll in the mud together, and the mature members can debate together. It is a personal choice that doesn't require intervention by moderators.

If that isn't happening then it is the million dollar question, instead of pointing fingers.

asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Tell us who is complaining..... :idea:
Damunk wrote:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

sinequanon wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
sinequanon wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am focusing on you, because you are an example of what I want to talk about! i.e because you are an example of something topical. Avoiding anything personal is an indulgence that gets in the way of discussion. Thank you for providing an example.

Your post was a complaint without any solution. When I supply the solution, you complain.

Stick to the topic.
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

aruako1 wrote:
sinequanon wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stick to the topic.
Thank you.

I hope everybody can see what will happen to CE if oversensitive people are allowed to quash pertinent points just because they feel offended. I know of a forum that took this line and slowly became deserted, and then shut down.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

sinequanon wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
sinequanon wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stick to the topic.
Thank you.

I hope everybody can see what will happen to CE if oversensitive people are allowed to quash pertinent points just because they feel offended. I know of a forum that took this line and slowly became deserted, and then shut down.
Thank you for getting back on topic. Hopefully you can stay there.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Overated
oloye wrote:If you go about in the public hurling insults at people it potrays something fundamentally wrong with the upbringing...no need crying about parental insults. If personal insults are allowed it is sheer hypocrisy claiming parental insults are not allowed.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

asabatex wrote:Tell us who is complaining..... :idea:
Damunk wrote:
Why exactly do you want them named?
So you can open them up to more insults?
Give me one good reason why you need names.

Those that have a problem with insults are already identifying themselves.
Some may choose not to. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

Damunk wrote:
Snake why are you such a coward? :D Okay so you took WAEC only once and where did that lead you, a career in a prison hospital in Peckham. Olodo :lol:
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

I promise to exclude them from my insults.... :lol:
Damunk wrote:
asabatex wrote:Tell us who is complaining..... :idea:
Damunk wrote:
Why exactly do you want them named?
So you can open them up to more insults?
Give me one good reason why you need names.

Those that have a problem with insults are already identifying themselves.
Some may choose not to. :idea: