Competition for the Super Eagles, 5 CMFs slots for WC2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chuks69
Egg
Egg
Competition for the Super Eagles, 5 CMFs slots for WC2018

Post by chuks69 »

In the squad of 23, I forsee Rohr sticking to 7 strikers (4 wingers, 3 Centre Forwards), 5 Central MFs, 8 defenders and 3 Gks.
The focus of this thread is on the 5 CMFs.. My guess would be
1. Mikel Obi
2. Onazi
3. Ndidi
4. Oghen Etebo
5. John Ogu/ Mikel Agu/ Joel Obi

It's a bit tricky for Mikel agu, because he would be competing against Natural lefties in Joel Obi and John Ogu.. even though Mikel Agu seems to have the confidence of the gaffer Rohr..
Intresting uphill battle awaits..
afc##
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Competition for the Super Eagles, 5 CMFs slots for WC201

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

On what grounds does Etebo get an automatic spot? Ndidi, Mikel,Onazi and Ogu are all on the plane barring injury. Last spot is between M Agu, Etebo and J Obi. Personally, I prefer J Obi. Etebo sits unless he can sort out his club form and position.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We should take more than 5 midfielders if we know what is good for is.

Etebo goes because of his versatility and workrate.

Joel Obi should go if fit.

John Ogu has done relatively well but I don't see him adding to the team more than what Etebo and Joel can bring.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:We should take more than 5 midfielders if we know what is good for is.

Etebo goes because of his versatility and workrate.

Joel Obi should go if fit.

John Ogu has done relatively well but I don't see him adding to the team more than what Etebo and Joel can bring.
KPOM!
I am happy
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Why do you guys think talking about Joel Obi? I doubt he is on Rohr's radar
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

After the two friendlies in March, we would get a major hint on the 5 wise CMF men..
afc##
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Mikel , Nididi & Onazi are first choice players however it going to be interesting who joins them.

Etebo has lost form but when in form can be in.........
Mikel Agu is not very experienced but is very quick and mobile ,can do a lot of dirty work in the midfield and plays club football at a very good level.
John Ogu has a wicked left foot ,good passer of the ball and can provide a physical presence. He also someone to have in the dressing room.His weakness is he is slow not very mobile and plays club football in a weak league.
Joel Obi very experienced midfielder (was dropped from the last World Cup squad for non football reasons). Has Inter Milan on his CV and now with Torino a mid table team. Has suffered injury problems all through his career. Has shown form this season with Torino but would be a huge risk if selected for the World Cup squad. If he is not selected for the March friendlies it would be safe to conclude he will not be selected for the World Cup squad. It’s a good position for Rohr to begin because he has quality options and it is unlikely the likes of Babatunde,Nwofor ,Sola, Azeez , Uchebo etc etc would make the squad.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why do you people like to stress yourselves for no reason? Why can't you wait for the coach to pick his team?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

I know many here like him but I think it is a bit tricky for Etebo. He, Omeruo and Musa may be the shocking omissions.
yes o
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

1naija wrote:Why do you people like to stress yourselves for no reason? Why can't you wait for the coach to pick his team?

This a football fan site and discussing football ,selections , tactics, issues etc is what we do . if you don’t like this topic feel free to move to another thread or you could open a thread of your own on Yobo and lets how many people will respond.