Punches thrown, and Mourinho and Ederson in yelling match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Punches thrown, and Mourinho and Ederson in yelling match

Post by ohsee »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ester-city
José Mourinho in post-match fracas over Manchester City’s ‘noisy’ celebrations
Police officers and stewards had to separate up to 20 players and members of staff from Manchester United and City after an extraordinary bust-up in which bottles and punches were thrown and Mikel Arteta, one of Pep Guardiola’s assistants, was left with blood streaming down his face.

Arteta’s eyebrow was split open during a melee in a narrow corridor outside City’s dressing room and there were unconfirmed reports that another member of Guardiola’s backroom staff needed medical treatment after a confrontation sparked by José Mourinho apparently telling the victorious players to keep their music down.

Mourinho became embroiled in a row with Ederson, City’s Brazilian goalkeeper, who was standing just inside the dressing-room door and the two started shouting insults at one another in Portuguese. Mourinho is said to have accused Ederson of play-acting to waste time and then reverted to English, screaming “you %$#@^& show respect. Who are you?”

Other players became involved and Romelu Lukaku was said to be prominently involved as the confrontation escalated into something much more serious, described by one person on the scene as being reminiscent of a pub fight. Early accounts indicate it was a much more serious incident than the infamous “Battle of the Buffet” in 2004 when Arsenal were the opponents and Sir Alex Ferguson was hit by flying pizza slices.

There were also reports that Mourinho was struck by a plastic bottle, as well as being squirted with milk, although that has not been confirmed and the Guardian has been told he escaped lightly despite being in the middle of it. Once everything had calmed down, Mourinho went into the referee’s room to voice his complaints to Michael Oliver about the incident when Ander Herrera was booked for going down under a challenge from Nicolas Otamendi in the penalty area.
For more, go to site.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ty-keeper/

Jose Mourinho in furious dressing-room bust-up with Man City keeper Ederson as tempers flare after Manchester derby
By James Ducker, at old trafford
10 DECEMBER 2017 • 11:44PM
Jose Mourinho was involved in a furious dressing-room bust-up with Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson as the Manchester derby descended into acrimony.

Sources claimed the Manchester United manager had milk and water thrown at him after the spat with Ederson.

Mourinho was thought to have gone to the door of City’s dressing room to ask their players to show more respect amid apparent disappointment over the way the Premier League leaders were celebrating their 2-1 win, as music blared from the visiting team dressing room.
But a war of words ended up breaking out at that point with Mourinho and Ederson believed to have been yelling at each other in Portuguese as a melee ensued involving players from both sides. There were even reports that Mourinho was hit on the head with a plastic water bottle, with security staff eventually forced to intervene.

The former Everton and Arsenal midfielder, Mikel Arteta, one of Pep Guardiola’s assistants, was left with blood running down his face after allegedly being cut above the eyebrow in the skirmishes, which evoked memories of the infamous Battle of the Buffet at Old Trafford in October 2004 when Sir Alex Ferguson was hit by pizza after United’s game with Arsenal turned ugly.

Eyewitnesses said that United striker Romelu Lukaku was another prominent figure in the skirmishes which spiralled out of control as police looked on from a distance.

Mourinho later accused City of being “protected by luck” after claiming his team were denied a “clear penalty” against their bitter rivals for the second successive season at Old Trafford.

Ander Herrera was booked for diving by referee Michael Oliver after a challenge by Nicolas Otamendi in the 79th minute that Mourinho was convinced was a foul by the City defender.

And the Portuguese simmered with injustice after also arguing that United had been denied a penalty in their 2-1 home loss to City in September last year when Claudio Bravo dived into a challenge on Wayne Rooney.

“Manchester City are a very good team and they are protected by the luck, and the gods of football are behind them,” Mourinho said.

“My first reaction is I feel sorry for referee Michael Oliver because he had a very good match but unfortunately he made an important mistake.

“It is like last season, exactly the same. You can speak about anything you want, you can bring any football theory, you can bring the stats, the ball possession, you can bring everything you want but, like last season, it is a huge penalty in a crucial moment of the game.
For more, go to the site.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Punches thrown, and Mourinho and Ederson in yelling matc

Post by kajifu »

Na wa ooooh,why did Jose even go to their dressing room?I mean allow them make noise...
I hope the story is not true that he went to City dressing room.
Arteta i hope he is ok,
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

This cannot be real!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Kabalega wrote:This cannot be real!

Honestly what is funny that you laughing so hard?I hope you know some people get hurt serious for this rubbish if the story is true...
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

kajifu wrote:
Kabalega wrote:This cannot be real!

Honestly what is funny that you laughing so hard?I hope you know some people get hurt serious for this rubbish if the story is true...
Of course, Arteta for starters.
Then Mourinho, Lukaku, Benteke, tfco, ....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

That thug mourinho should be banned from football.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I heard the Manure players put up a better fight in the dressing room than they did on the pitch.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

They are milking this all over Twitter. Moo-rinho don suffer :lol: :lol:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is too damn funny! :woot: :woot: :woot: Ah cain't breathe :woot: :woot: :woot:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The man is a sore loser, deserves to the milk to calm him down. For someone who loves to rub it in and never holds back with his celebrations, it is rather rich of him to be annoyed that others do the same.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Did guardiola expose mourinho limitations as a coach?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:The man is a sore loser, deserves to the milk to calm him down. For someone who loves to rub it in and never holds back with his celebrations, it is rather rich of him to be annoyed that others do the same.
Jose is so is just funny i dont understand,this guy was celebrating after his team beat my beloved and he rub it well at Wenger even his press conference.Today City celebrate he is not happy,did not he warn Conte last year at the bridge when he was celebrating?
Any well he likes headline in the news,hope FA fine him.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

cic old boy wrote:I heard the Manure players put up a better fight in the dressing room than they did on the pitch.

:lol: :lol: what a sore loser, instead of him to learn how to change his stale tactics he is busy fighting opposition players young enough to be his sons.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kajifu wrote:Na wa ooooh, why did Jose even go to their dressing room? I mean allow them make noise...
Arteta i hope he is ok,
... because he couldn't bear the loss, especially when he had expected to win the "home" game and it didn't happen. Many people who played competitive sports know the pain of losing a game or competition, especially if due to wrong officiating and know how to handle the pain.

For Man City, they should have been more professional in their celebration. This is why in American football, fouls are called against players for over celebration. In the extreme cases, players are fined.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Lukaku trying to make up for being useless on the pitch. Msshhheeeew
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Odas wrote:
kajifu wrote:Na wa ooooh, why did Jose even go to their dressing room? I mean allow them make noise...
Arteta i hope he is ok,
... because he couldn't bear the loss, especially when he had expected to win the "home" game and it didn't happen. Many people who played competitive sports know the pain of losing a game or competition, especially if due to wrong officiating and know how to handle the pain.

For Man City, they should have been more professional in their celebration. This is why in American football, fouls are called against players for over celebration. In the extreme cases, players are fined.
Oga Odas na wa for you,so he was expecting to win and park bus?
Which wrong officiating?
Why will man city be proffessional in celebration?Dude this is a big derby and a record win in the history of EPL.They have move 11 points ahead of their next rival.Do you think if Manu win they will not be celebrating also?
What did Manu do last saturday against Arsenal after the win?Did not Jose accuse Arsenal of loving the grass when clear two penalties was not awarded?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Jose again. Ah ah. Last year he pulled a similar stunt at the bridge when Conte and them started celebrating with 5 mins to go when the score was 4 kondo. Now he no wan make City enjoy their well-deserved win at OT. I guess an old dog no fit learn new tricks. Na Jose's way be that though so nothing new.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Finally. Of all people, it would have to be Arteta, one of the great Wengerians, decked and bleeding. Pathetic. Well done to the City boys for giving it large with the door open, absolutely essential. The season needs more of this.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

green4life wrote:Jose again. Ah ah. Last year he pulled a similar stunt at the bridge when Conte and them started celebrating with 5 mins to go when the score was 4 kondo. Now he no wan make City enjoy their well-deserved win at OT. I guess an old dog no fit learn new tricks. Na Jose's way be that though so nothing new.
No mind Jose. Remember the season Chelsea was killing everybody, with Fabregas and Costa? Remember Jose left some games at half-time to further humiliate the opponents?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Odas wrote:
Arteta i hope he is ok,

Are you serious or trying to be funny?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Foolish, brainless, football-coward and daft...........

Crybaby :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho will never accept that he was 2nd best, even if the ref gave us 30 more minutes, the results will still be the same
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko