ENYEAMA IS BAAACK!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ENYEAMA IS BAAACK!!!!

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
Odas wrote:
danfo driver wrote: Bro. It has been clear from the beginning. This has NOTHING TO DO WITH NIGERIA. This has always been a mission to help Enyeama:

1. get the record for most world cup appearances;

2. get the chance to win the world cup, because now they see we have a serious team

3. get a new club

That is the truth and they know it. They collect money from Enyeama to do his bidding and it is deplorable, to say the least.
Thieves! Bribe takers!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sad and and unfortunate commentary from you and Danfo Driver. With you guys folks fall into 2 categories, ethnic proclivities or paid agents?

You have no qualms calling people thieves and bribe takers? What does that say about you?

It is not that serious bro.

No need to insult someone simply because they disagree with you.

Unfortunately, many of us are old enough and have been here long enough to know what goes on before every world cup. I know how long you have been here. You KNOW! YOU KNOW!

Those who have chosen to line their pockets to the detriment of Nigeria, have to be held accountable. We wont accept it. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Cellular wrote:
niyi wrote:In my honest opinion it's unfair for Enyeama to retire from the national team and stay retired during all the qualifying series and then come back to play for us at the world cup. I understand he's currently injured but he stayed retired through the qualifying series even though Rohr tried to get him back especially during the times when Ikeme was injured. This is also coming at a time when he is almost without a club (he was kicked out by Bielsa and has to look for a club after he's match fit).

A part of me thinks he's only using us to achieve his goals of appearing at the world cup and putting himself on the shop window.

Unfortunately for us we are in dire need of goalkeepers. It is so bad we are currently considering a 4th tier German league reserve goalie. We don't have a choice but to take him if we want to perform well at the world cup. I wouldn't invite him if the circumstance wasn't this bad. There's a possibility that he'll disrupt the team spirit if he's made to sit on the bench like he did when Oliseh chose to use Ikeme in a few games leading to his retirement but we can take care of that by making the terms of his recall clear before we invite him.
There’s nothing unfair about him unretiring and going to the World Cup should the coaches deem him good enough. What was unfair was how he was treated by Oliseh along with Mikel.

To think that Oliseh who was also a victim of such shoddy treatment will do the same to a player who has served the nation with distinction is rather sad.

The appalling nature of the argument put forth by the two biggest detractors are blatantly false.

Enyeama owes no one any apologies.

None!

If healthy and is playing at a high level he is on the team.
He earned the 100 odd caps and he will have to earn the next one. It is not going to be given to him.
We are going to Russia to win and we will go with players that gives us the best chance at winning.
Not sure why you are choosing to believe Enyeama over Oliseh. Oliseh said he simply dropped him from his line up and Enyeama chose to become a distracting presence in camp. Oliseh also dropped Mikel and Mikel didn't retire.
Secondly, even after he retired and Oliseh left, he still stayed away. It's a fact that he stayed away when we really needed him during the times when Ikeme was injured. I don't think this issue is simple and if we simply try to brush things under the carpet without discussing what happened it will happen again during the world cup.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

niyi wrote:
Cellular wrote:
niyi wrote:In my honest opinion it's unfair for Enyeama to retire from the national team and stay retired during all the qualifying series and then come back to play for us at the world cup. I understand he's currently injured but he stayed retired through the qualifying series even though Rohr tried to get him back especially during the times when Ikeme was injured. This is also coming at a time when he is almost without a club (he was kicked out by Bielsa and has to look for a club after he's match fit).

A part of me thinks he's only using us to achieve his goals of appearing at the world cup and putting himself on the shop window.

Unfortunately for us we are in dire need of goalkeepers. It is so bad we are currently considering a 4th tier German league reserve goalie. We don't have a choice but to take him if we want to perform well at the world cup. I wouldn't invite him if the circumstance wasn't this bad. There's a possibility that he'll disrupt the team spirit if he's made to sit on the bench like he did when Oliseh chose to use Ikeme in a few games leading to his retirement but we can take care of that by making the terms of his recall clear before we invite him.
There’s nothing unfair about him unretiring and going to the World Cup should the coaches deem him good enough. What was unfair was how he was treated by Oliseh along with Mikel.

To think that Oliseh who was also a victim of such shoddy treatment will do the same to a player who has served the nation with distinction is rather sad.

The appalling nature of the argument put forth by the two biggest detractors are blatantly false.

None!

He earned the 100 odd caps and he will have to earn the next one. It is not going to be given to him.
We are going to Russia to win and we will go with players that gives us the best chance at winning.
Not sure why you are choosing to believe Enyeama over Oliseh. Oliseh said he simply dropped him from his line up and Enyeama chose to become a distracting presence in camp. Oliseh also dropped Mikel and Mikel didn't retire.
Secondly, even after he retired and Oliseh left, he still stayed away. It's a fact that he stayed away when we really needed him during the times when Ikeme was injured. I don't think this issue is simple and if we simply try to brush things under the carpet without discussing what happened it will happen again during the world cup.
I chose to believe Enyeama because he told the truth. I asked neutral people including the players and Mr. Pinnick.

When Carl was injured Enyeama was not ready. He asked to be excused for one game and he then picked up an injury.

Even the then new head coach still considered Enyeama as part of his squad the same way he considered a medically unfit Carl as part of his squad. The coach spoke with Enyeama, they reached an agreement. Even Mikel who is the captain and leader of the team signed off on it.

If the coach thought Enyeama has nothing to contribute or will not fit in, he will not repeatedly state that if fit and playing regularly that he won’t invite him.

It appears you guy know more than the coach?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Odas wrote:
danfo driver wrote: Bro. It has been clear from the beginning. This has NOTHING TO DO WITH NIGERIA. This has always been a mission to help Enyeama:

1. get the record for most world cup appearances;

2. get the chance to win the world cup, because now they see we have a serious team

3. get a new club

That is the truth and they know it. They collect money from Enyeama to do his bidding and it is deplorable, to say the least.
Thieves! Bribe takers!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sad and and unfortunate commentary from you and Danfo Driver. With you guys folks fall into 2 categories, ethnic proclivities or paid agents?

You have no qualms calling people thieves and bribe takers? What does that say about you?

It is not that serious bro.

No need to insult someone simply because they disagree with you.

Unfortunately, many of us are old enough and have been here long enough to know what goes on before every world cup. I know how long you have been here. You KNOW! YOU KNOW!

Those who have chosen to line their pockets to the detriment of Nigeria, have to be held accountable. We wont accept it. :D
:D Bros, it is not that serious.

Dem no dey dash pesin World Cup spot o.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

niyi wrote:
Cellular wrote:

None!

Not sure why you are choosing to believe Enyeama over Oliseh. Oliseh said he simply dropped him from his line up and Enyeama chose to become a distracting presence in camp. Oliseh also dropped Mikel and Mikel didn't retire
Niyi, thanks again! According to Zebrudayia, please "told them." :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Odas wrote:
niyi wrote:
Cellular wrote:

None!

Not sure why you are choosing to believe Enyeama over Oliseh. Oliseh said he simply dropped him from his line up and Enyeama chose to become a distracting presence in camp. Oliseh also dropped Mikel and Mikel didn't retire
Niyi, thanks again! According to Zebrudayia, please "told them." :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mikel retired to China. :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
Cito wrote:I think the main issue here is; is VE a trouble maker. The answer depends on who you ask. Prior to Oliseh, Vincent had a sterling SE career with over 5 plus coaches.

Oliseh came and Vincent had issues with him. One could go by their reputations prior to this incident and lean on the side of Vincent being the victim and not the perpetrator.

After this incident , SS came and VE stayed away for reasons known to him. He didn't fight with SS nor did he fight with Vogst. So my question is if evidences points to Enyeama being a non trouble maker and we are having a crisis of goalkeeper, why the agitations against his Callup if he UNretires, is performing well and healthy?

You may want to re-read this thread.. yes, this thread that you are responding to. I know selective reading is a skill of one losing are argument, but you Sir, are quite obvious. :lol:
What are you going on about? Oda's and one other's point was He was a trouble maker to which I responded. Your case is different. You think the rest of the room sans you were on the take. :D. I admire your integrity and abhors the rest of us who wants the best personnel after getting bought off by Vincent. :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:We never learn from the past that is why we are Africans. Enyeama welcome back but please not to SE.
You seem to be exemplifying your own observation that 'we never learn'.
The guy is slowly working his way back to the very top but you are happy for your personal sentiments to disallow him from making the SE team.
You'd rather make do with Ezenwa, Akpeyi and the inexperienced Uzoho.

You are so right...some of us never ever learn. :roll:
...yep, he's right, we never learn. Thank God we have oyinbo a the helm, he knows better.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Odas wrote:

Niyi, thanks a lot for the HONEST and unbiased input, thanks! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just like Danfor driver has already said and I seconded, if Enyeama is invited to the team, there is nothing anyone of us can do, but based on the way he treated us, he deserves no invitation, unless he runs to the same news outlet and apologize or ...
I am sorry to say and with due respect to niyi. That write up is akin to slapping one and hugging him at the same time claiming you are being friendly.
How can you be unbiased and at the same time castigate the man using false innuendos as factual statement? So Vince issues stemmed from use of Ikeme?

Anyways, we are in agreement on the not being able to do nada if coach invites him. And Vincent do not owe anyone any apologies.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Cito wrote:
Odas wrote:

Niyi, thanks a lot for the HONEST and unbiased input, thanks! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just like Danfor driver has already said and I seconded, if Enyeama is invited to the team, there is nothing anyone of us can do, but based on the way he treated us, he deserves no invitation, unless he runs to the same news outlet and apologize or ...
I am sorry to say and with due respect to niyi. That write up is akin to slapping one and hugging him at the same time claiming you are being friendly.
How can you be unbiased and at the same time castigate the man using false innuendos as factual statement? So Vince issues stemmed from use of Ikeme?

Anyways, we are in agreement on the not being able to do nada if coach invites him. And Vincent do not owe anyone any apologies.
My version of the story is Enyeama's version of the story. He retired because Musa was made the captain not because Ikeme took his place

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/r ... n-belgium/

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/nigeria/ ... oliseh-row

I am neutral in the sense that I want Enyeama back not because I think he's faultless. I don't know how anyone can read the stories surrounding his retirement and decide he did not share in the blame somehow. The other person involved, Oliseh, is currently inconsequential to the national team.
Last edited by niyi on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

According to reports, Oliseh was unhappy about his captain's late arrival and demoted him at a team meeting after dinner, naming CSKA Moscow forward Ahmed Musa as the new captain.

"I was surprised," Enyeama, who has 101 Nigeria caps to his name, told ESPN FC. "So I stood up to explain my position and ask for an explanation, but the coach asked me to sit down.
"I insisted on speaking because I felt that with the years of dedicated service I have given to the country I deserve at least the respect of giving my own side. But he told me that either the whole team would leave the room for me, or I would have to leave the room for the whole team."

It turned out to be the latter as the Lille goalkeeper was expelled from the camp. It took the intervention of Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick to resolve the situation and Enyeama was allowed to remain with the squad.

The goalkeeper has, however, indicated it is unclear if he will continue to represent Nigeria

"There has been a lot of incidents these last few months," he said. "I don't need it, the team does not need it, so maybe the best thing might be to step aside in the interest of the country so that the team can focus on football instead of distractions."

Enyeama withdrew from Oliseh's first squad following the passing of his mother, but officials were not pleased to see him turn out for Lille a week later.

Oliseh could not be reached for comment.
This is Enyeama's version of events. There's Oliseh's version and there's the neutral point of view... but even in Enyeama's version of events I have to say he doesn't seem innocent.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Cellular wrote:
niyi wrote:
Cellular wrote:

None!

I chose to believe Enyeama because he told the truth. I asked neutral people including the players and Mr. Pinnick.
Can we hear the version of events you heard?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

niyi wrote:
Cito wrote:
Odas wrote:

My version of the story is Enyeama's version of the story. He retired because Musa was made the captain not because Ikeme took his place

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/r ... n-belgium/

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/nigeria/ ... oliseh-row

I am neutral in the sense that I want Enyeama back not because I think he's faultless. I don't know how anyone can read the stories surrounding his retirement and decide he did not share in the blame somehow. The other person involved, Oliseh, is currently inconsequential to the national team.
I am responding to your line that says thus; "There's a possibility that he'll disrupt the team spirit if he's made to sit on the bench like he did when Oliseh chose to use Ikeme in a few games leading to his retirement ..."

The line above and the line .."My version of the story is Enyeama's version of the story. He retired because Musa was made the captain not because Ikeme took his place" seem to be 2 very different and distinct cases don't you think?

I never said VE was faultless but the genesis of the problem stemmed from Oliseh if we are to go by other collaborating stories and prior behaviors. VE's reactions to the slight could have been handled better but bear in mind the man was grieving at that point.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
According to reports, Oliseh was unhappy about his captain's late arrival and demoted him at a team meeting after dinner, naming CSKA Moscow forward Ahmed Musa as the new captain.

"I was surprised," Enyeama, who has 101 Nigeria caps to his name, told ESPN FC. "So I stood up to explain my position and ask for an explanation, but the coach asked me to sit down.
"I insisted on speaking because I felt that with the years of dedicated service I have given to the country I deserve at least the respect of giving my own side. But he told me that either the whole team would leave the room for me, or I would have to leave the room for the whole team."

It turned out to be the latter as the Lille goalkeeper was expelled from the camp. It took the intervention of Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick to resolve the situation and Enyeama was allowed to remain with the squad.

The goalkeeper has, however, indicated it is unclear if he will continue to represent Nigeria

"There has been a lot of incidents these last few months," he said. "I don't need it, the team does not need it, so maybe the best thing might be to step aside in the interest of the country so that the team can focus on football instead of distractions."

Enyeama withdrew from Oliseh's first squad following the passing of his mother, but officials were not pleased to see him turn out for Lille a week later.

Oliseh could not be reached for comment.
This is Enyeama's version of events. There's Oliseh's version and there's the neutral point of view... but even in Enyeama's version of events I have to say he doesn't seem innocent.

Oh boy, why you just dey slap them around the whole place? Dont you know that in order for all these to work, Oliseh has to be a demon in the equation? haba! :D :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bielsa has been sacked.

Odas, how far? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:Bielsa has been sacked.

Odas, how far? :D
:biggrin: :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!