ENYEAMA IS BAAACK!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ENYEAMA IS BAAACK!!!!

Post by The YeyeMan »

osita wrote:
Dammy wrote:Stop comparing Apple and oranges! Even Peter Rufai in a radio interview recently said that his situation in 1998 is different from Vincent's. In 1997, he had only a few weeks to be ready for the WC, while Vincent has six months. Those saying that Vince retired, did Messi not retire and come back? If the coach needs Vincent, your opinions do not matter.

:rotf: Because he said..........., so am to believe his narrative of preparation rather than old age? The fact remains both are of the same situation whether he said it or not. the only difference is that one was in a top club the other was at a low league.
The situations are entirely different. As Rufai himself has explained.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Dammy wrote:Stop comparing Apple and oranges! Even Peter Rufai in a radio interview recently said that his situation in 1998 is different from Vincent's. In 1997, he had only a few weeks to be ready for the WC, while Vincent has six months. Those saying that Vince retired, did Messi not retire and come back? If the coach needs Vincent, your opinions do not matter.
Dammy, first of all, has Vincent said he wants to come back or we are making a case for him to come back even if he loathes the Ida?
Secondly is he playing regularly and I shape to be considered for selection?

Thirdly are we dashing him the shirt because he's Vincent or he'll go through the rigorous process of fighting for a place and adhere to rules?

In any case, until the first I answered, the other questions are irrelevant. It seems to me people are forcefully trying to put Vincent in the team when he himself might be wholeheartedly against the idea.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

pajimoh wrote:
Dammy, first of all, has Vincent said he wants to come back or we are making a case for him to come back even if he loathes the Ida?

Thirdly are we dashing him the shirt because he's Vincent or he'll go through the rigorous process of fighting for a place and adhere to rules?

In any case, until the first I answered, the other questions are irrelevant. It seems to me people are forcefully trying to put Vincent in the team when he himself might be wholeheartedly against the idea.
Vincent Enyeama needs to be playing regularly at a proper clubside first and foremost. Then and only then can the issue of his return to the national team be addressed.

Mind you, I would love to see him return, but he's got to want to come back, Rohr has got to want him back, and he's got to be in the type of form to warrant a comeback.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

mystic wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Vincent Enyeama needs to be playing regularly at a proper clubside first and foremost. Then and only then can the issue of his return to the national team be addressed.

Mind you, I would love to see him return, but he's got to want to come back, Rohr has got to want him back, and he's got to be in the type of form to warrant a comeback.
Exactly my point. People asking or wanting him back as if Vincent has no choice in the matter. Even if he did say yes, as you rightly pointed out, he'll have to satisfy other conditions as well
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:
mystic wrote:Vincent Enyeama needs to be playing regularly at a proper clubside first and foremost. Then and only then can the issue of his return to the national team be addressed.

Exactly my point. People asking or wanting him back as if Vincent has no choice in the matter. Even if he did say yes, as you rightly pointed out, he'll have to satisfy other conditions as well
Those who want to remember will remember this:
"Lille of France goalie, Vincent Enyeama has told Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr that he would not return to the national team if he is not 100% fit and in good form for the Russia 2018 World Cup."
and this:
“The former Super Eagles skipper has told Rohr to watch his recovery and invite him only if he is fit and good for a return..”
http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/03/2018-wor ... er-eagles/
Those that don't want to remember will pretend as if they never saw it, or that its a fabrication. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
mystic wrote:Vincent Enyeama needs to be playing regularly at a proper clubside first and foremost. Then and only then can the issue of his return to the national team be addressed.

Those who want to remember will remember this:
"Lille of France goalie, Vincent Enyeama has told Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr that he would not return to the national team if he is not 100% fit and in good form for the Russia 2018 World Cup."
and this:
“The former Super Eagles skipper has told Rohr to watch his recovery and invite him only if he is fit and good for a return..”
http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/03/2018-wor ... er-eagles/
Those that don't want to remember will pretend as if they never saw it, or that its a fabrication. :idea:
Where have you heard Vince himself talk? Quotes, quoting Rohr is not the best especially coming from Nigerian "pay to write" newspapers.
In any case, I've heard from Rohrs own mouth about the goalkeeping situation and how they employed a goalkeeping coach to work on the current keepers. He also commented on Vincent that first of all Vincent will have to sort himself out first, physically and club wise. Then he must want to play and be be part of the squad before they can even begin to consider him. In any case, with all this clamour for Vince, not one journalist has been able to record him on phone, radio or tv that he's working and open to SE return. That for me is unacceptable and I can't rely on third party account.

Let me also add, we heard from Vince that he wants to retire and said a lot of things but we can't here from him that he's changed his mind and wa ts to play?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Personally and in my opinion, unless when compelled, we should all leave this issue alone because there is nothing needed to be said that has not been said. The good thing about this Vincent's debate is, the argument in nationwide. Thus, it is up to the coaches to decide; however, if it's in my hands, I will NOT invite Vince back to the team.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
osita wrote:We never learn from the past that is why we are Africans. Enyeama welcome back but please not to SE.
What if he is the best option?
You are right he is the best option as per ability and experience, but he carries a lot of baggage. Do we want to start some drama in camp again? Will he take decisions agreed by the captain or assistant captain

Are you saying you are willing to take that risk just because Enyeame is known in the past? Yes it is past, and i believe the Uzodo boy is ever capable to do the job, just like when Enyeama kept at the 2002 world cup as a young man, and i believe none of you would have allowed him to even be selected then, that's my opinion.
Osita! To me, your opinion is very good, it mirrors those of mine. At moment, this continous debate for Enyeama to be recalled is no longer making sense. Many people seem to have forgotten the problems Enyeama has caused and can still cause in camp.

As a result, I BOLDLY predict the presence of Vince will automatically divide the players in the camp/team because while some will welcome his presence, others will not and from there, issues will arise
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
osita wrote:We never learn from the past that is why we are Africans. Enyeama welcome back but please not to SE.
You are right he is the best option as per ability and experience, but he carries a lot of baggage. Do we want to start some drama in camp again? Will he take decisions agreed by the captain or assistant captain

Are you saying you are willing to take that risk just because Enyeame is known in the past? Yes it is past, and i believe the Uzodo boy is ever capable to do the job, just like when Enyeama kept at the 2002 world cup as a young man, and i believe none of you would have allowed him to even be selected then, that's my opinion.
Osita! To me, your opinion is very good, it mirrors those of mine. At moment, this continous debate for Enyeama to be recalled is no longer making sense. Many people seem to have forgotten the problems Enyeama has caused and can still cause in camp.

As a result, I BOLDLY predict the presence of Vince will automatically divide the players in the camp/team because while some will welcome his presence, others will not and from there, issues will arise
What problems? Please expound, you guys keep going on about this, what are the many problems he caused? And don't tell me having an issue with treatment from Oliseh and retiring, like seriously?

And how many players are held over from last WC where you would assume some sort of division based on his return? Which players have expressed any sort of angst or issue with Vince? Name any players who have or had personal issues with Vince?

You can't just keep presenting your feelings as fact...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

I hope that Enyeama continues to improve and hopefully he can regain his first team position.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

What problems? Please expound, you guys keep going on about this, what are the many problems he caused? And don't tell me having an issue with treatment from Oliseh and retiring, like seriously?

And how many players are held over from last WC where you would assume some sort of division based on his return? Which players have expressed any sort of angst or issue with Vince? Name any players who have or had personal issues with Vince?

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

We need enyeama, he should be the first on the sheet. Those guys we are parading are not goalie, any bum off the street is better. You cannot face best team in the world with such goalies. We desperately need him and I'm happy he's back.

This is not the same as 1998.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Heard he stopped a penalty during the game.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Keeping fingers crossed for Vince Enyeama. :thumb:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

I am surprised you asked me to expand on the problems the presence of Enyeama will generate in the team, yet constricted what I can and cannot say. I believe placing such restriction on me is inappropriate and so, I will ignore it.

To be short, Enyeama is RETIRED. He announced his retirement in the open for all to hear. His record of being obnoxious and rude to coach Siasia and coach Oliseh is well documented. Prior to his insult of his superior(s), he PLAINLY told coach Oliseh "he cannot play for Nigeria forever", suggesting Nigeria should start looking for other goalkeepers. Worst still, he did it all with total disrespect for the nation - NIGERIA.

Now that is career is rolling down the hill, he wants to use the same team he abandoned to resurrect his career. Nigeria or the Super-eagles (SE) is NOT for VINCE. He should move-on because the SE has moved on. In fact, the SE has done better in his absence compared to his presence - at least - in the area of PEACE.

On the other and, human beings are not fools. When people are quiet, they do so because they lack the "power" to challenge or do otherwise. Therefore, the presence of Vince will upset the peace accord already in existence between the players in the team at moment. Again, we (Nigeria) DOES NOT need Enyeama - period! He NEED to get lost - for all I care
Last edited by Odas on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mastermind wrote:We need enyeama, he should be the first on the sheet. Those guys we are parading are not goalie, any bum off the street is better. You cannot face best team in the world with such goalies. We desperately need him and I'm happy he's back.

This is not the same as 1998.
Truly, we need a "good" goalkeeper, but NOT Enyeama. The training of Uzoho, Ezenwa and others should continue or be intensified. In addition, the coaching crew should continue their hunt for other keepers to add to the list and then choose the best from there. Enyeama is RETIRED as was said by him, he MUST move-on! The SE (Nigeria) has moved-on
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

I am surprised you asked me to expand on the problems the presence of Enyeama will generate in the team, yet constricted what I can and cannot say. I believe placing such restriction on me is inappropriate and so, I will ignore it.

To be short, Enyeama is RETIRED. He announced his retirement in the open for all to hear. His record of being obnoxious and rude to coach Siasia and coach Oliseh is well documented. Prior to his insult of his superior(s), he PLAINLY told coach Oliseh "he cannot play for Nigeria forever", suggesting Nigeria should start looking for other goalkeepers. Worst still, he did it all with total disrespect for the nation - NIGERIA.

Now that is career is rolling down the hill, he wants to use the same team he abandoned to resurrect his career. Nigeria or the Super-eagles (SE) is NOT for VINCE. He should move-on because the SE has moved on. In fact, the SE has done better in his absence compared to his presence - at least - in the area of PEACE.

On the other and, human beings are not fools. When people are quiet, they do so because they lack the "power" to challenge or do otherwise. Therefore, the presence of Vince will upset the peace accord already in existence between the players in the team at moment. Again, we (Nigeria) DOES NOT need Enyeama - period! He NEED to get lost - for all I care
Enyeama is an established goalkeeper. He does not need the SE to get a new club. I do not see how he disrespected Nigeria because of a few disagreements with coaches. You do not earn over 100 caps without disagreeing with a few things. I go on his Twitter page and he was very complimentary about the SE throughout the WCQ. That is not the action of a player who is not popular with other players. Where I agree with you is that he must be fit and willing to play. He must also accept that he has to fight for his place.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

I was going to ignore you, hoping that someone else will correct you. But no one has, and instead, you have Damunk wearing sun shades inside the room, giving you thumbs up! :lol: :lol:

Are you going to sit there and actually pretend that the only time Enyeama has caused problem in Nigerian camp is when he chose to fight Oliseh??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Are you going to sit there and pretend, hoping that everyone here is ridiculously forgetful and we pretend that Enyeama does not have a long list of misbehavior?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is one thing to want Enyeama back and pay frequent visits to Ikot Ikpene! But it is another thing to try to clean history, like it never happened!

Are you a member of the Obaseki family in Benin City who have opened a website to lie that their horrible judas of a great grand father, Agho, did not betray Oba Ovoranmwen?? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Please stop it! :lol: :lol: :lol: Many of us did not start following Nigeria in January 2017! :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

So basically you are just an Oliseh STAN, else what does he have to do with anything now? Oliseh also mentioned Vic Mo and Mikel as saboteurs, why aren't you asking for them to be dropped? Oliseh's captain Musa is now a fringe player, why aren't you calling for him to be respected and given more PT?

You claim his career is rolling down the hill, isn't it sad that he is still our most capable GK? Is that his fault? Did he drop a message to Ezenwa and Akpeyi to play like useless GKs? If those guys were up for the task would anyone be calling on Vince? Since those there can't seem to get it together, then we better get an experienced hand who knows how to do his job.

So basically these are YOUR feelings, not backed up by any facts...gotcha
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

I was going to ignore you, hoping that someone else will correct you. But no one has, and instead, you have Damunk wearing sun shades inside the room, giving you thumbs up! :lol: :lol:

Are you going to sit there and actually pretend that the only time Enyeama has caused problem in Nigerian camp is when he chose to fight Oliseh??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Are you going to sit there and pretend, hoping that everyone here is ridiculously forgetful and we pretend that Enyeama does not have a long list of misbehavior?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is one thing to want Enyeama back and pay frequent visits to Ikot Ikpene! But it is another thing to try to clean history, like it never happened!

Are you a member of the Obaseki family in Benin City who have opened a website to lie that their horrible judas of a great grand father, Agho, did not betray Oba Ovoranmwen?? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Please stop it! :lol: :lol: :lol: Many of us did not start following Nigeria in January 2017! :lol:
Wouldn't it be easier to just list them than writing in big red letters :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier to just list them than writing in big red letters :???:
As a Nigerian fan who has followed the team for more than a decade, I shouldn't be telling you about your team. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

So basically you are just an Oliseh STAN, else what does he have to do with anything now? Oliseh also mentioned Vic Mo and Mikel as saboteurs, why aren't you asking for them to be dropped? Oliseh's captain Musa is now a fringe player, why aren't you calling for him to be respected and given more PT?
You can call me anything you want regarding Oliseh. In fact, you can call me his "houseboy" if you want, but we are talking about Enyeama and his RUDENESS to his superiors, a player who told the nation he has RETIRED from the SE. Perhaps you are NOT familiar with the "Corporate world", but if you are, please tell me how many people you know who ABANDONED their jobs and got it back because they are so good or because they want it back.

You claim his career is rolling down the hill, isn't it sad that he is still our most capable GK? Is that his fault? Did he drop a message to Ezenwa and Akpeyi to play like useless GKs? If those guys were up for the task would anyone be calling on Vince? Since those there can't seem to get it together, then we better get an experienced hand who knows how to do his job.
... our most capable goalkeeper based on what? On the past? If so, why don't we recall our past keepers such as Okala, Best Ogedengbe, Rufai and et al.? Even at that, none of those - our past heroes - abandoned the team (SE), a thing Enyeama did with impunity or without blinking an eye. No doubt, there are other keepers who can and will perform better than Enyeama. To borrow from him, he "cannot play for Nigeria forever." I believe Uzoho, Ezenwa and several others yet to be found can get the job done for Nigeria.

So basically these are YOUR feelings, not backed up by any facts...gotcha
Lest I forget! What fact do you need? Are you waiting for when the camp will explode before knowing some players will not be happy if Enyeama is in the team? Again, people are NOT FOOLS and when they are silent in the presence of adversity, they do so because they lack the "POWER" to express themselves or due to fear. The evidence you are looking for; therefore, is embedded in "human behavior" and in this case, members of the SE team.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

that odas isn't intelligent at all.. I think the guy fails basic understanding, differentiating facts from feelings(opinions)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved