Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 40497
Location: on the move
I am happy to hear that Vince is back on the pitch. The next step is working his way back to regular first-team appearances. If that happens, I expect Rohr to invite him for a friendly in March where hopefully he's able to convince the manager to include him in his final 23. The current situation where we have 3 inexperienced goalies relative to the task will not sit well with the manager. IF he has an opportunity to bring in an experienced goalie who is fit and regularly playing leading up to the WC, he will do so and I agree with that viewpoint.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20352
Location: Ukwuani
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
osita wrote:
We never learn from the past that is why we are Africans. Enyeama welcome back but please not to SE.

What if he is the best option?

You are right he is the best option as per ability and experience, but he carries a lot of baggage. Do we want to start some drama in camp again? Will he take decisions agreed by the captain or assistant captain

Are you saying you are willing to take that risk just because Enyeame is known in the past? Yes it is past, and i believe the Uzodo boy is ever capable to do the job, just like when Enyeama kept at the 2002 world cup as a young man, and i believe none of you would have allowed him to even be selected then, that's my opinion.

Osita! To me, your opinion is very good, it mirrors those of mine. At moment, this continous debate for Enyeama to be recalled is no longer making sense. Many people seem to have forgotten the problems Enyeama has caused and can still cause in camp.

As a result, I BOLDLY predict the presence of Vince will automatically divide the players in the camp/team because while some will welcome his presence, others will not and from there, issues will arise


What problems? Please expound, you guys keep going on about this, what are the many problems he caused? And don't tell me having an issue with treatment from Oliseh and retiring, like seriously?

And how many players are held over from last WC where you would assume some sort of division based on his return? Which players have expressed any sort of angst or issue with Vince? Name any players who have or had personal issues with Vince?

You can't just keep presenting your feelings as fact...

that odas isn't intelligent at all.. I think the guy fails basic understanding, differentiating facts from feelings(opinions)

Bigpoket24, please "pull out the LONG and FAT Penis" you have in your arse :rotf: . It is not good for you :lol: :lol: . You are supposedly very intelligent, yet cannot tell the difference between "ACTIONS" and "ACTION." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 pm
Posts: 646
Well my people, I like Vince and yes, with our current team, a fit Vince with the right attitude makes the defense world class only because of what skill cannot buy, experience.

However, lets be clearly objective. This man had issues with Vogts, Sia Sia, and Oliseh. Please stp using my boy Sunny as a scape goat. He made some unpopular decisions but at the same time, Vince has issues and always has.

He can be allowed to compete but in no way can he be a captain or vice and he must earn a spot as one of the three on merit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9113
nzeogwu wrote:
Well my people, I like Vince and yes, with our current team, a fit Vince with the right attitude makes the defense world class only because of what skill cannot buy, experience.

However, lets be clearly objective. This man had issues with Vogts, Sia Sia, and Oliseh. Please stp using my boy Sunny as a scape goat. He made some unpopular decisions but at the same time, Vince has issues and always has.

He can be allowed to compete but in no way can he be a captain or vice and he must earn a spot as one of the three on merit.



Didnt you hear that Vince has been a saint until he met the demon, Oliseh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5206
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
nzeogwu wrote:
Well my people, I like Vince and yes, with our current team, a fit Vince with the right attitude makes the defense world class only because of what skill cannot buy, experience.

However, lets be clearly objective. This man had issues with Vogts, Sia Sia, and Oliseh. Please stp using my boy Sunny as a scape goat. He made some unpopular decisions but at the same time, Vince has issues and always has.

He can be allowed to compete but in no way can he be a captain or vice and he must earn a spot as one of the three on merit.


nzeogwu, while I support an Enyeama return when he has a run of games under his belt, I definitely do not support his being captain or vice-captain. It does not make sense to rock the leadership boat. As a former captain, it would only be natural for him to be a leader of the goalkeepers and the team in general. If veteran players like Enyeama, Martins, and Joel Obi make the World Cup team, their experience and leadership will bode well for the team both on and off the field. Right now, the relative experience of Captain Mikel, Vice Captain Onazi, Victor Moses, Echiejilie and Ahmed Musa in team leadership analysis,will only be enriched by the presence of the aforementioned players if called upon.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 22275
All dis na long talk.....................Rohr knows that a fit Vince is his 1st choice keeper, folks can scream all they want.

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 35885
Location: Land of the Terrapins
danfo driver wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:
Well my people, I like Vince and yes, with our current team, a fit Vince with the right attitude makes the defense world class only because of what skill cannot buy, experience.

However, lets be clearly objective. This man had issues with Vogts, Sia Sia, and Oliseh. Please stp using my boy Sunny as a scape goat. He made some unpopular decisions but at the same time, Vince has issues and always has.

He can be allowed to compete but in no way can he be a captain or vice and he must earn a spot as one of the three on merit.



Didnt you hear that Vince has been a saint until he met the demon, Oliseh? :lol: :lol: :lol:


Well you said it, not me :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You guys like to make up ish, what problem did he have with Vogts? Vogts wanted a tall keeper and chose to go with Ejide, Vince sat on the bench throughout our worst showing at the ANC and didn't cause any issues. You are all making stuff up in your own head, you say he had issues with Siasia, so why did the same Siasia try to persuade him to reconsider his retirement caused by as you called him 'the demon'? This really sounds like the words of someone who has a problem with Enyeama abi? You Oliseh fans are just so funny. The issue was your guy and 'the demon' has been exorcised...

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/spor ... 36444.html

Quote:
Super Eagles head coach, Samson Siasia has said he omitted former team captain Vincent Enyeama from his 42-man list to prosecute the double header Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Egypt because the Lille of France star was not ready to return to the fold.

Siasia disclosed this on Thursday in Abuja while responding to questions from journalists immediately he released the list of players invited to camp ahead of the two matches on 25th and 29th March, 2016.

“I called Enyeama a couple of days ago when they made us to take over these two games [against Egypt] and I told him that I wanted him to come back, that I need him to be a part of this team.

“He told me about what happened to him [during the reign of Sunday Oliseh as coach], how he was disgraced. He said he wanted to play but that he is not ready emotionally right now. I told him that he should let me know whenever he wants to play.”

Siasia noted that he had to let shot stopper be for now because he doesn’t need a player who is emotionally broken in the team, adding that: “but I still keep the doors wide open for him if he decides to come back because we need guys like him for this game.”

Enyeama decided to retire from the national team after being stripped of the captaincy band last October by the then Head coach Sunday Oliseh.

The coach however, said he was not in contact with West ham United striker Emmanuel Emenike who also announced his retirement immediately Enyeama left the team.

“I have not spoken to him yet. I read in the papers where he said he is not playing. If he is not playing, why should I call him? We want guys that are ready to play; we don’t want to beg anybody to play for this country.”


All the level headed coaches are saying they want the guy, but you lot on CE are going on and on about how he is a problem and will mess up the team and what not, yet from Sia1 to Rohr, they are saying they will gladly have him back...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:31 am
Posts: 1419
Location: gdrjggm
nzeogwu wrote:
Well my people, I like Vince and yes, with our current team, a fit Vince with the right attitude makes the defense world class only because of what skill cannot buy, experience.

However, lets be clearly objective. This man had issues with Vogts, Sia Sia, and Oliseh. Please stp using my boy Sunny as a scape goat. He made some unpopular decisions but at the same time, Vince has issues and always has.

He can be allowed to compete but in no way can he be a captain or vice and he must earn a spot as one of the three on merit.


He didn’t have issue with Vogts. Vogts preferred a taller keeper in Ejide. And at that point in their careers, both were equally good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20352
Location: Ukwuani
danfo driver wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:
Well my people, I like Vince and yes, with our current team, a fit Vince with the right attitude makes the defense world class only because of what skill cannot buy, experience.

However, lets be clearly objective. This man had issues with Vogts, Sia Sia, and Oliseh. Please stp using my boy Sunny as a scape goat. He made some unpopular decisions but at the same time, Vince has issues and always has.

He can be allowed to compete but in no way can he be a captain or vice and he must earn a spot as one of the three on merit.

Didnt you hear that Vince has been a saint until he met the demon, Oliseh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

... and even when the proof is given to them, they continue to turn the other way, pretending all is ok :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20352
Location: Ukwuani
zee wrote:
All dis na long talk.....................Rohr knows that a fit Vince is his 1st choice keeper, folks can scream all they want.

The Great Zee! Welcome aboard. What do you think about this Vince wahala? Should he come or should he not? :wink: :wink:

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20352
Location: Ukwuani
Obong wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:
Well my people, I like Vince and yes, with our current team, a fit Vince with the right attitude makes the defense world class only because of what skill cannot buy, experience.

However, lets be clearly objective. This man had issues with Vogts, Sia Sia, and Oliseh. Please stp using my boy Sunny as a scape goat. He made some unpopular decisions but at the same time, Vince has issues and always has.

He can be allowed to compete but in no way can he be a captain or vice and he must earn a spot as one of the three on merit.


nzeogwu, while I support an Enyeama return when he has a run of games under his belt, I definitely do not support his being captain or vice-captain. It does not make sense to rock the leadership boat. As a former captain, it would only be natural for him to be a leader of the goalkeepers and the team in general. If veteran players like Enyeama, Martins, and Joel Obi make the World Cup team, their experience and leadership will bode well for the team both on and off the field. Right now, the relative experience of Captain Mikel, Vice Captain Onazi, Victor Moses, Echiejilie and Ahmed Musa in team leadership analysis,will only be enriched by the presence of the aforementioned players if called upon.

Chief Obong, I am confused. What do you mean by "the team in general" as highlighted in above? Will he be the Captain of the team? If not the team Captain why should Enyeama be the leader of the team "in general?"

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44189
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
We never learn from the past that is why we are Africans. Enyeama welcome back but please not to SE.
You seem to be exemplifying your own observation that 'we never learn'.
The guy is slowly working his way back to the very top but you are happy for your personal sentiments to disallow him from making the SE team.
You'd rather make do with Ezenwa, Akpeyi and the inexperienced Uzoho.

You are so right...some of us never ever learn. :roll:


I thought I was the only one that saw the irony.

Thank God the coach sees and knows differently from some of us fans.

Welcome back Vince. Hope you keep getting back to your old self.

You are an asset.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:15 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44189
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
osita wrote:
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
We never learn from the past that is why we are Africans. Enyeama welcome back but please not to SE.
You seem to be exemplifying your own observation that 'we never learn'.
The guy is slowly working his way back to the very top but you are happy for your personal sentiments to disallow him from making the SE team.
You'd rather make do with Ezenwa, Akpeyi and the inexperienced Uzoho.

You are so right...some of us never ever learn. :roll:


Am very happy he is back, so don't mix it up.

Bro am sure you remember when Rufia coming back to the 1998 squad what happened? We saw how bad he was, very slow, agility was bad, he cost us some goals in that match against Denmark.

You talk about Ezenwa and Uzoho, football requires current form but at this stage there is nothing that is currrently different from enyeanma and Uzoho.

Uzoho is a better option than enyeama currently so lets go to the world cup with them. Also enyeama demons may come up again and distract the team if there are issues with ' not being the captain' or with an NFF official, why do we not see the big picture and avoid these risks.


We don't learn and i rest my case.


What demons? Must you guys make up falsehoods to advance your beliefs?

Uzoho or any other flavor of the moment might still end up beating out Enyeama. But they must do that on the pitch. The coach who still considers Enyeama as part of his team has also factored in team chemistry. If he remotely thought he would be a problem he won’t invite him into the team.

Funny enough, Mikel does NOT have a problem with Vince. If Mikel does not have a problem with Vince, why do vans who are so far removed from the team have a problem with Vince?

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9113
Cellular wrote:
osita wrote:
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
We never learn from the past that is why we are Africans. Enyeama welcome back but please not to SE.
You seem to be exemplifying your own observation that 'we never learn'.
The guy is slowly working his way back to the very top but you are happy for your personal sentiments to disallow him from making the SE team.
You'd rather make do with Ezenwa, Akpeyi and the inexperienced Uzoho.

You are so right...some of us never ever learn. :roll:


Am very happy he is back, so don't mix it up.

Bro am sure you remember when Rufia coming back to the 1998 squad what happened? We saw how bad he was, very slow, agility was bad, he cost us some goals in that match against Denmark.

You talk about Ezenwa and Uzoho, football requires current form but at this stage there is nothing that is currrently different from enyeanma and Uzoho.

Uzoho is a better option than enyeama currently so lets go to the world cup with them. Also enyeama demons may come up again and distract the team if there are issues with ' not being the captain' or with an NFF official, why do we not see the big picture and avoid these risks.


We don't learn and i rest my case.


What demons? Must you guys make up falsehoods to advance your beliefs?

Uzoho or any other flavor of the moment might still end up beating out Enyeama. But they must do that on the pitch. The coach who still considers Enyeama as part of his team has also factored in team chemistry. If he remotely thought he would be a problem he won’t invite him into the team.

Funny enough, Mikel does NOT have a problem with Vince. If Mikel does not have a problem with Vince, why do vans who are so far removed from the team have a problem with Vince?


Must? In what world? Contrary to what some of you think, playing for the national team is a privilege. It is NOT A birthright!

Un 2002, Scolari refused to invite a troublemaker, Romario. Even the a plea from the Brazilian President was absolutely ignored. Romario went on tv and cried and cried and cried, literally, weeping like a baby and Scolari ignored him. Guess what?? Scolari used his peace corps team to win the world cup.

Enyeama, who is a perpetual troublemaker and abandoned us in our time of need has not even made the attempt to cry on tv or even asked Buhari to intercede on his behalf! :D

Rohr needs to stay strong! Enyeama has served and he has retired! He abandoned us when we needed him because he is arrogant and uncouth! He moved on and now we have also moved on.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7498
Odas wrote:
Obong wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:
Well my people, I like Vince and yes, with our current team, a fit Vince with the right attitude makes the defense world class only because of what skill cannot buy, experience.

However, lets be clearly objective. This man had issues with Vogts, Sia Sia, and Oliseh. Please stp using my boy Sunny as a scape goat. He made some unpopular decisions but at the same time, Vince has issues and always has.

He can be allowed to compete but in no way can he be a captain or vice and he must earn a spot as one of the three on merit.


nzeogwu, while I support an Enyeama return when he has a run of games under his belt, I definitely do not support his being captain or vice-captain. It does not make sense to rock the leadership boat. As a former captain, it would only be natural for him to be a leader of the goalkeepers and the team in general. If veteran players like Enyeama, Martins, and Joel Obi make the World Cup team, their experience and leadership will bode well for the team both on and off the field. Right now, the relative experience of Captain Mikel, Vice Captain Onazi, Victor Moses, Echiejilie and Ahmed Musa in team leadership analysis,will only be enriched by the presence of the aforementioned players if called upon.

Chief Obong, I am confused. What do you mean by "the team in general" as highlighted in above? Will he be the Captain of the team? If not the team Captain why should Enyeama be the leader of the team "in general?"



You don't have to wear the Captain's armband to be a team leader.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7498
Obong wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:
Well my people, I like Vince and yes, with our current team, a fit Vince with the right attitude makes the defense world class only because of what skill cannot buy, experience.

However, lets be clearly objective. This man had issues with Vogts, Sia Sia, and Oliseh. Please stp using my boy Sunny as a scape goat. He made some unpopular decisions but at the same time, Vince has issues and always has.

He can be allowed to compete but in no way can he be a captain or vice and he must earn a spot as one of the three on merit.


nzeogwu, while I support an Enyeama return when he has a run of games under his belt, I definitely do not support his being captain or vice-captain. It does not make sense to rock the leadership boat. As a former captain, it would only be natural for him to be a leader of the goalkeepers and the team in general. If veteran players like Enyeama, Martins, and Joel Obi make the World Cup team, their experience and leadership will bode well for the team both on and off the field. Right now, the relative experience of Captain Mikel, Vice Captain Onazi, Victor Moses, Echiejilie and Ahmed Musa in team leadership analysis,will only be enriched by the presence of the aforementioned players if called upon.



Has anyone seen Martins play this season? I'm wondering why the sudden push by some for his recall when he has not been a significant player for Nigeria since the 2010 World Cup. We have enough capable young strikers that there's no need to go in this direction.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9113
mystic wrote:
Odas wrote:
Obong wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:
Well my people, I like Vince and yes, with our current team, a fit Vince with the right attitude makes the defense world class only because of what skill cannot buy, experience.

However, lets be clearly objective. This man had issues with Vogts, Sia Sia, and Oliseh. Please stp using my boy Sunny as a scape goat. He made some unpopular decisions but at the same time, Vince has issues and always has.

He can be allowed to compete but in no way can he be a captain or vice and he must earn a spot as one of the three on merit.


nzeogwu, while I support an Enyeama return when he has a run of games under his belt, I definitely do not support his being captain or vice-captain. It does not make sense to rock the leadership boat. As a former captain, it would only be natural for him to be a leader of the goalkeepers and the team in general. If veteran players like Enyeama, Martins, and Joel Obi make the World Cup team, their experience and leadership will bode well for the team both on and off the field. Right now, the relative experience of Captain Mikel, Vice Captain Onazi, Victor Moses, Echiejilie and Ahmed Musa in team leadership analysis,will only be enriched by the presence of the aforementioned players if called upon.

Chief Obong, I am confused. What do you mean by "the team in general" as highlighted in above? Will he be the Captain of the team? If not the team Captain why should Enyeama be the leader of the team "in general?"



You don't have to wear the Captain's armband to be a team leader.


So, you guys are now fighting for "team leader?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 35885
Location: Land of the Terrapins
danfo driver wrote:
mystic wrote:
Odas wrote:
Obong wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:
Well my people, I like Vince and yes, with our current team, a fit Vince with the right attitude makes the defense world class only because of what skill cannot buy, experience.

However, lets be clearly objective. This man had issues with Vogts, Sia Sia, and Oliseh. Please stp using my boy Sunny as a scape goat. He made some unpopular decisions but at the same time, Vince has issues and always has.

He can be allowed to compete but in no way can he be a captain or vice and he must earn a spot as one of the three on merit.


nzeogwu, while I support an Enyeama return when he has a run of games under his belt, I definitely do not support his being captain or vice-captain. It does not make sense to rock the leadership boat. As a former captain, it would only be natural for him to be a leader of the goalkeepers and the team in general. If veteran players like Enyeama, Martins, and Joel Obi make the World Cup team, their experience and leadership will bode well for the team both on and off the field. Right now, the relative experience of Captain Mikel, Vice Captain Onazi, Victor Moses, Echiejilie and Ahmed Musa in team leadership analysis,will only be enriched by the presence of the aforementioned players if called upon.

Chief Obong, I am confused. What do you mean by "the team in general" as highlighted in above? Will he be the Captain of the team? If not the team Captain why should Enyeama be the leader of the team "in general?"



You don't have to wear the Captain's armband to be a team leader.


So, you guys are now fighting for "team leader?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


He'd be the oldest player on the team, as a prior captain it would only be natural for him to be a leader...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9113
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
mystic wrote:
Odas wrote:
Obong wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:
Well my people, I like Vince and yes, with our current team, a fit Vince with the right attitude makes the defense world class only because of what skill cannot buy, experience.

However, lets be clearly objective. This man had issues with Vogts, Sia Sia, and Oliseh. Please stp using my boy Sunny as a scape goat. He made some unpopular decisions but at the same time, Vince has issues and always has.

He can be allowed to compete but in no way can he be a captain or vice and he must earn a spot as one of the three on merit.


nzeogwu, while I support an Enyeama return when he has a run of games under his belt, I definitely do not support his being captain or vice-captain. It does not make sense to rock the leadership boat. As a former captain, it would only be natural for him to be a leader of the goalkeepers and the team in general. If veteran players like Enyeama, Martins, and Joel Obi make the World Cup team, their experience and leadership will bode well for the team both on and off the field. Right now, the relative experience of Captain Mikel, Vice Captain Onazi, Victor Moses, Echiejilie and Ahmed Musa in team leadership analysis,will only be enriched by the presence of the aforementioned players if called upon.

Chief Obong, I am confused. What do you mean by "the team in general" as highlighted in above? Will he be the Captain of the team? If not the team Captain why should Enyeama be the leader of the team "in general?"



You don't have to wear the Captain's armband to be a team leader.


So, you guys are now fighting for "team leader?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


He'd be the oldest player on the team, as a prior captain it would only be natural for him to be a leader...


Odiegwu! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 6133
danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
osita wrote:
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
We never learn from the past that is why we are Africans. Enyeama welcome back but please not to SE.
You seem to be exemplifying your own observation that 'we never learn'.
The guy is slowly working his way back to the very top but you are happy for your personal sentiments to disallow him from making the SE team.
You'd rather make do with Ezenwa, Akpeyi and the inexperienced Uzoho.

You are so right...some of us never ever learn. :roll:


Am very happy he is back, so don't mix it up.

Bro am sure you remember when Rufia coming back to the 1998 squad what happened? We saw how bad he was, very slow, agility was bad, he cost us some goals in that match against Denmark.

You talk about Ezenwa and Uzoho, football requires current form but at this stage there is nothing that is currrently different from enyeanma and Uzoho.

Uzoho is a better option than enyeama currently so lets go to the world cup with them. Also enyeama demons may come up again and distract the team if there are issues with ' not being the captain' or with an NFF official, why do we not see the big picture and avoid these risks.


We don't learn and i rest my case.


What demons? Must you guys make up falsehoods to advance your beliefs?

Uzoho or any other flavor of the moment might still end up beating out Enyeama. But they must do that on the pitch. The coach who still considers Enyeama as part of his team has also factored in team chemistry. If he remotely thought he would be a problem he won’t invite him into the team.

Funny enough, Mikel does NOT have a problem with Vince. If Mikel does not have a problem with Vince, why do vans who are so far removed from the team have a problem with Vince?


Must? In what world? Contrary to what some of you think, playing for the national team is a privilege. It is NOT A birthright!

Un 2002, Scolari refused to invite a troublemaker, Romario. Even the a plea from the Brazilian President was absolutely ignored. Romario went on tv and cried and cried and cried, literally, weeping like a baby and Scolari ignored him. Guess what?? Scolari used his peace corps team to win the world cup.

Enyeama, who is a perpetual troublemaker and abandoned us in our time of need has not even made the attempt to cry on tv or even asked Buhari to intercede on his behalf! :D

Rohr needs to stay strong! Enyeama has served and he has retired! He abandoned us when we needed him because he is arrogant and uncouth! He moved on and now we have also moved on.


Enyeama is not a trouble maker (you have failed to show that he fell out with Vogts and Siasia wanted him back didn't he?). And you don't get 100+ caps by abandoning your team at times of need (Ikeme had been chosen as no 1 when he left). He is so popular with the other players that the likes of Mikel, Musa (who was made captain) and Onazi were prominent in trying to get him to stay after the Oliseh issue. Sorry, you might have moved on but Rohr clearly hasn't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7909
How anyone can claim to be a SE fan and does not want one of the few world class players in our squad back beats me :???:

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9113
Dammy wrote:
How anyone can claim to be a SE fan and does not want one of the few world class players in our squad back beats me :???:


Your world class player who has played once this year is retired. He is NOT in the squad. HE RETIRED.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 2098
Location: Nigeria
danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:
How anyone can claim to be a SE fan and does not want one of the few world class players in our squad back beats me :???:


Your world class player who has played once this year is retired. He is NOT in the squad. HE RETIRED.

Sorry to disappoint you, but if the guy is fit and playing for his club, then he will go to the world cup. The person who should not come near SE is Oliseh! No sentiments here. After all Messi once 'retired'.

_________________
Image
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dannytola, metalalloy and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group