ENYEAMA IS BAAACK!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ENYEAMA IS BAAACK!!!!

Post by Odas »

osita wrote:We never learn from the past that is why we are Africans. Enyeama welcome back but please not to SE.
Don't mind them! I don't know why some people feel they can't do without Enyeama in goal for Nigeria. All these mess will clear when a "bulala shot" is fired and instead of Enyeama trying to make a save, he will be busy saving his life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bully12 wrote:I will not believe this story until Mr Obong confirms it .
Chief Obong, over to you - Sir!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
osita wrote:We never learn from the past that is why we are Africans. Enyeama welcome back but please not to SE.
Don't mind them! I don't know why some people feel they can't do without Enyeama in goal for Nigeria. All these mess will clear when a "bulala shot" is fired and instead of Enyeama trying to make a save, he will be busy saving his life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:thumbs: I see you are coming to terms with the inevitable, smart move :D
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Aaah Chief, what "inevitable" are you referring to? The man is still RETIRED isn't he?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Aaah Chief, what "inevitable" are you referring to? The man is still RETIRED isn't he?
Oga I'm just enjoying that your vision of bulala shot coming at Vince :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Oga I'm just enjoying that your vision of bulala shot coming at Vince :thumbs:
Nooooo! Please don't read any meaning to the "bulala shot." He is retired and I want him to stay retired :tic: :tic: Anyway, let's wait and see, that's all
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Damunk wrote:
You seem to be exemplifying your own observation that 'we never learn'.
The guy is slowly working his way back to the very top but you are happy for your personal sentiments to disallow him from making the SE team.
You'd rather make do with Ezenwa, Akpeyi and the inexperienced Uzoho.

You are so right...some of us never ever learn. :roll:
Dokita, isn't that a very sad case? :oops:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Odas wrote:
Indeed, he's back. Slowly, but surely, he has fought his way back from injury, rehabilitation and has been training assiduously. Within a short time, he should be back with the main squad in Ligue 1. God bless all those that wish him well and we hope he gets the call to rejoin the Super Eagles in March.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Damunk wrote:
You seem to be exemplifying your own observation that 'we never learn'.
The guy is slowly working his way back to the very top but you are happy for your personal sentiments to disallow him from making the SE team.
You'd rather make do with Ezenwa, Akpeyi and the inexperienced Uzoho.

You are so right...some of us never ever learn. :roll:
Am very happy he is back, so don't mix it up.

Bro am sure you remember when Rufia coming back to the 1998 squad what happened? We saw how bad he was, very slow, agility was bad, he cost us some goals in that match against Denmark.

You talk about Ezenwa and Uzoho, football requires current form but at this stage there is nothing that is currrently different from enyeanma and Uzoho.

Uzoho is a better option than enyeama currently so lets go to the world cup with them. Also enyeama demons may come up again and distract the team if there are issues with ' not being the captain' or with an NFF official, why do we not see the big picture and avoid these risks.

We don't learn and i rest my case.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

ohenhen1 wrote:
What if he is the best option?
You are right he is the best option as per ability and experience, but he carries a lot of baggage. Do we want to start some drama in camp again? Will he take decisions agreed by the captain or assistant captain

Are you saying you are willing to take that risk just because Enyeame is known in the past? Yes it is past, and i believe the Uzodo boy is ever capable to do the job, just like when Enyeama kept at the 2002 world cup as a young man, and i believe none of you would have allowed him to even be selected then, that's my opinion.
Last edited by osita on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It’s always good to hear that a player is back and playing but he’s retired from the National Team that should be clear.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

where is Vanseki
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

For me, his return is welcome from the point of view of a man continuing with his career and earning himself a legitimate income. Secondly, he has served his country meritoriously and we should all be collectively happy for him.

As per the SE, my take (especially on this crucial goalkeeping position), is that it comes down to form and consistency. We will all be hypocrites if it's ok to promote Uzoho who is playing in the third division of the Spanish league and be concerned that Vince has come back in the fourth division of the French league. This close to the World Cup, consistency and form in the league they're playing in should be the determining factor.

Of course more will be expected of Vince since he has the experience to back him into a rapid advance into a higher team, but if he is playing regularly, is fit, in form and invited by Rohr to fight for a place among the 3 goalkeepers, then that's just what we have to roll with.

As of now, we have a potentially very strong squad with an achilles heel - the goalkeeping position. If we can plug that gap in the next few months through keepers who are active in their respective teams, fit and in form, then all the merrier.

Congrats Vince on overcoming your injures. Wishing you well in the future.
To stop trying is to start dying
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:
Indeed, he's back. Slowly, but surely, he has fought his way back from injury, rehabilitation and has been training assiduously. Within a short time, he should be back with the main squad in Ligue 1. God bless all those that wish him well and we hope he gets the call to rejoin the Super Eagles in March.
God bless everyone and I'm sure no one wished him ill. The difference in opinion is his return to the SE.
We should learn to respect a retired players wishes and also learn to trust and develop new players
Last edited by pajimoh on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You guys are clowns. No amount of lobbying will bring Enyema close to the SE. He is done! I am glad though that he is back to playing again but in the junior league. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:
Chei, Oga Obong don com! Welcome back - Sir! Na were you dey all dis taim?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:
You guys are clowns. No amount of lobbying will bring Enyema close to the SE. He is done! I am glad though that he is back to playing again but in the junior league. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
... that is a REALITY some people here doesn't want to understand or take. As to Vince himself, it seems he is going all he can to SNEAK into the SE team heading to Russia

Anyway, enough of this debate. If the coaches want Vince in the team, then so be it, but I wish they don't. To me, whether good or not, Vince told us he has RETIRED.
Last edited by Odas on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
What if he is the best option?
You are right he is the best option as per ability and experience, but he carries a lot of baggage. Do we want to start some drama in camp again? Will he take decisions agreed by the captain or assistant captain

Are you saying you are willing to take that risk just because Enyeame is known in the past? Yes it is past, and i believe the Uzodo boy is ever capable to do the job, just like when Enyeama kept at the 2002 world cup as a young man, and i believe none of you would have allowed him to even be selected then, that's my opinion.
My man stop this 'crappy notion'............no captain/asst. captain takes any decisions in any serious National team run by a serious Coach.
The Coach (ALONE) decides who plays for him and where they play..................unless the captain is a Maradona that can carry ANY team alone.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Odas wrote:
Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:
... that is a REALITY some people here doesn't want to understand or take. As to Vince himself, it seems he is going all he can to SNEAK into the SE team heading to Russia
No amount of lobbying is required for Enyeama's return to the SE. If Enyeama starts playing well enough and regularly then Rohr will talk to him, and if Enyeama decides to return then Rohr will invite him. There is nothing any of us can do about this. My advice to you, is to prepare for his return.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Odas wrote:
Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:
No amount of lobbying is required for Enyeama's return to the SE. If Enyeama starts playing well enough and regularly then Rohr will talk to him, and if Enyeama decides to return then Rohr will invite him. There is nothing any of us can do about this. My advice to you, is to prepare for his return.
Well, let's wait and see. I think all parties in this debate has voiced their opinions, loud enough for the coaching crew to hear. It's up to the coaching crew to lead us to success. Good luck to the Super-eagles and to us (Nigeria).
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Stop comparing Apple and oranges! Even Peter Rufai in a radio interview recently said that his situation in 1998 is different from Vincent's. In 1997, he had only a few weeks to be ready for the WC, while Vincent has six months. Those saying that Vince retired, did Messi not retire and come back? If the coach needs Vincent, your opinions do not matter.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Dammy wrote:Stop comparing Apple and oranges! Even Peter Rufai in a radio interview recently said that his situation in 1998 is different from Vincent's. In 1998 he had only a few weeks to be ready for the WC, while Vincent has six months. Those saying that Vince retired, did Messi not retire and come back? If the coach needs Vincent, your opinions do not matter.
I am happy
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Dammy wrote:Stop comparing Apple and oranges! Even Peter Rufai in a radio interview recently said that his situation in 1998 is different from Vincent's. In 1997, he had only a few weeks to be ready for the WC, while Vincent has six months. Those saying that Vince retired, did Messi not retire and come back? If the coach needs Vincent, your opinions do not matter.

:rotf: Because he said..........., so am to believe his narrative of preparation rather than old age? The fact remains both are of the same situation whether he said it or not. the only difference is that one was in a top club the other was at a low league.