ADEPOJU: Give Oba Martins a Recall....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ADEPOJU: Give Oba Martins a Recall....

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The best players must play regardless of age and etc. Watching him recently, I don't think he is better than what we currently have. I may be wrong. I am not buying the hype. But there is no harm inviting Martins to camp to fight for a place.

What role would Martins be fighting for?
target man.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The best players must play regardless of age and etc. Watching him recently, I don't think he is better than what we currently have. I may be wrong. I am not buying the hype. But there is no harm inviting Martins to camp to fight for a place.

target man.
[1] Even in is hey day, Martins could not play as a target man
[2] He is not tall enough for the role
[3] He is not strong enough for the role
[4] He gets shoved off the ball too easily
[5] He cannot hold up play and bring team mates into play
[6] Martins' greatest weapon is his pace. he needs the ball played in front of him. he cannot play with his back to goal
[7] During his best time ever when he played for Inter Milan, he was in his element when he played behind Christian Vieri
[8] Vierio would hold play up and feed Martins, leaving his pace do the rest
[9] Martins excels when he plays as a second striker behind a targetman in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 formation
[10] Even for the Super Eagles, Martins never played as a targetman. he always played as a second striker behind Yakubu Aiyegbeni
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Better to give one of the youngsters the experience. Osimhen or Awoniyi. It's not as if Martins is that much better than either of the two.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Martins' official age is 33. Only a madman ready for admission into the lunatic asylum would invite him back to the Super Eagles camp!
Is it about age or whether he's one of the best options available?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Martins' official age is 33. Only a madman ready for admission into the lunatic asylum would invite him back to the Super Eagles camp!
Martins does not have the legs to keep up with Rohr’s brand of pacy counter attacking football. He is no longer able to get on the end of Mikel’s passes ahead of opposing defenders.

See Ighalo’s goal against Cameroon and Idowu’s goal against Argentina. The Obafemi Martins of 2017 would never have got to those passes. Abeg leave the poor man enjoy his retirement rather than come back and do another Rufai!
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Martins does not have the legs to keep up with Rohr’s brand of pact counter attacking football. He is no longer able to get on the end of Mikel’s passes ahead of opposing defenders.

See Ighalo’s goal against Cameroon and Idowu’s goal against Argentina. The Obafemi Martins of 2017 would never have got to those passes. Abeg leave the poor man enjoy his retirement rather than come back and do another Rufai!
Go look up Martins goals in the same league as Ighalo, he is still faster than Ighalo, that's not even a question and an even deadlier striker. Not saying that he should go to the WC, but don't just lie on the brother.

[/video]

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Martins would not be a bad choice and would add depth to our squad. At this point in his career he isn't good enough to start though. If Rohr feels he offers more than the likes of Onyekeru, Bonaventure, Nwakueme, or Musa then I have no objections to him being called up.

Ayo has mentioned repeatedly that a bigger void we have to fill in attack is getting a striker than play with his back to goal, and that call hold up the ball, and I agree with that. Such a striker would serve as a back up to Igahlo. The likes of Kelechi, Onyekeru, Bonaventure, Martins, Nwakueme, or Musa are good, but aren't great at holding up the ball or playing with their back to goal.

If Success, Emenike, or Ideye return to form before the world cup, one of them would be a good back up for Ighalo. Awoniyi is an option too, however, I think the weak Belgian league is making him look better than he really is.
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Martins does not have the legs to keep up with Rohr’s brand of pacy counter attacking football. He is no longer able to get on the end of Mikel’s passes ahead of opposing defenders.

bro martins was one of the fastest players in the world, he is still faster than ighalo
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

miky wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

bro martins was one of the fastest players in the world, he is still faster than ighalo
Can he hold off challenges the way Ighalo did for his goal?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Martins is going about this the wrong way, frankly. Paying past players to do your bidding makes it quite obvious. He needs to follow the steps of Enyeama. Look at the good work from the likes of Obong and Maceo! :clap: :clap:

By the way, I saw on twitter that there is now a strong campaign in Nigeria to get Okwuosa into the world cup squad. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:Martins is going about this the wrong way, frankly. Paying past players to do your bidding makes it quite obvious. He needs to follow the steps of Enyeama. Look at the good work from the likes of Obong and Maceo! :clap: :clap:

By the way, I saw on twitter that there is now a strong campaign in Nigeria to get Okwuosa into the world cup squad. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can you please stop making these baseless accusations. They are very immature, childish and unintelligent. Obong has been advocating for call-ups since the 1980s.

Fans are passionate about their views, so will always call for certain players. All this talk about people being paid is not adult!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

target man.
[6] Martins' greatest weapon is his pace. he needs the ball played in front of him. he cannot play with his back to goal
[7] During his best time ever when he played for Inter Milan, he was in his element when he played behind Christian Vieri
[9] Martins excels when he plays as a second striker behind a targetman in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 formation
[10] Even for the Super Eagles, Martins never played as a targetman. he always played as a second striker behind Yakubu Aiyegbeni
Seems to me that you don't really know Martins that well. You seem to make up your mind about players, and decide that you will never be wrong. Martins is a very good player that we can actually leverage his experience to go far at the world cup. I will not cry if he's not picked, but I'll be fine if he is.

He can actually play with his back to goal...I don't know where you got that stuff you put in 10 pointers from. You talk about him being short and easy to push off the ball, and its clear that you don't know what you're talking about. I worked in Seattle for a few years and that dude is like a demi-god over there. I personally watched many games that he played, and I came to rate him higher than I initially did while he was in Italy. He is a smart, fast, efficient striker that can actually even play with a pointman.

Anyways, this is my opinion, just to let people that read and believe what you write here know that they need to seek a second opinion, or watch for themselves.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Martins is going about this the wrong way, frankly. Paying past players to do your bidding makes it quite obvious. He needs to follow the steps of Enyeama. Look at the good work from the likes of Obong and Maceo! :clap: :clap:

Can you please stop making these baseless accusations. They are very immature, childish and unintelligent. Obong has been advocating for call-ups since the 1980s.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That seems like a 40 year old career, if you ask me. :clap: :clap:
Fans are passionate about their views, so will always call for certain players. All this talk about people being paid is not adult!
Sure.. Well, several adult words for you:

1. Emeka Ezeala

2 Bryan Robson

3. Berti Vogts

I am sure, those names mean quite a lot to you. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cally wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

target man.
Seems to me that you don't really know Martins that well. You seem to make up your mind about players, and decide that you will never be wrong. Martins is a very good player that we can actually leverage his experience to go far at the world cup. I will not cry if he's not picked, but I'll be fine if he is.

He can actually play with his back to goal...I don't know where you got that stuff you put in 10 pointers from. You talk about him being short and easy to push off the ball, and its clear that you don't know what you're talking about. I worked in Seattle for a few years and that dude is like a demi-god over there. I personally watched many games that he played, and I came to rate him higher than I initially did while he was in Italy. He is a smart, fast, efficient striker that can actually even play with a pointman.

Anyways, this is my opinion, just to let people that read and believe what you write here know that they need to seek a second opinion, or watch for themselves.
I have known Martins personally since his Inter days. Forget what you saw in the sub-standard, semi-amateur MLS. What we are talking about here is about four classes above that.

Seattle Sounders would not even make the Belgian first division of the English Championship. Martins may be able to play targetman in a collegeate environment but never at the World Cup
esosa
Egg
Egg

Post by esosa »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
balo wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:Why is nobody campaigning for Ike Uche the garri master? SE need him too.
Abi oooo. If Martins comes back, so too should Uche, Emenike, Ameobi, Dike, Nwofor, Ideye and maybe Yakubu self!
ok will be done
Definitely not Yakubu. He retired.

But our former Everton Ace can still do the do - Victor Anichebe. We should call him up?

But first you have to create spots for him in your 10-pointers and mock lineups.

Russia go take!!

Fans can be naive. Obafemi Martins has no business near the Super Eagles. What role will he play?
Is Martin still scoring goals or has he stopped? You are yet to explain why Martins has no business on the team.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That seems like a 40 year old career, if you ask me. :clap: :clap:

1. Emeka Ezeala

2 Bryan Robson

3. Berti Vogts

Try and grow up young man. You are being extremely immature
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

esosa wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
balo wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:Why is nobody campaigning for Ike Uche the garri master? SE need him too.
Abi oooo. If Martins comes back, so too should Uche, Emenike, Ameobi, Dike, Nwofor, Ideye and maybe Yakubu self!
ok will be done
Definitely not Yakubu. He retired.

But our former Everton Ace can still do the do - Victor Anichebe. We should call him up?

But first you have to create spots for him in your 10-pointers and mock lineups.

Russia go take!!

Fans can be naive. Obafemi Martins has no business near the Super Eagles. What role will he play?
Is Martin still scoring goals or has he stopped? You are yet to explain why Martins has no business on the team.
If Agali is scoring too, should he be invited as well?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

1. Emeka Ezeala

2 Bryan Robson

3. Berti Vogts

I will try my best. Hopefully, some people will also one day put Nigeria before their personal gain.

There is a reason names like Emeka Ezeala, Berti Vogts and Bryan Robson make your heart skip a beat when you hear the names mentioned publicly. :D
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

1. Emeka Ezeala

2 Bryan Robson

3. Berti Vogts

I will try my best. Hopefully, some people will also one day put Nigeria before their personal gain.

There is a reason names like Emeka Ezeala, Berti Vogts and Bryan Robson make your heart skip a beat when you hear the names mentioned publicly. :D
I know you think you are making sense but I am disappointed to tell you that nothing you have said is of any relevance. The only person on that list who ever made money from Nigerian football was Emeka Ezeala. Even he did not make money from the Super Eagles. What he did was use his influence to get players into Germán academies and sign them up as his players.

I am only responding to you because you are trying to derail this thread with silly comments that will detract from the intelligent debate we are trying to have here. I fail to see the relevance of your point to the discussion we are having here.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cally wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

target man.

I have known Martins personally since his Inter days. Forget what you saw in the sub-standard, semi-amateur MLS. What we are talking about here is about four classes above that.

Seattle Sounders would not even make the Belgian first division of the English Championship. Martins may be able to play targetman in a collegeate environment but never at the World Cup
I expected you to come back with a direct attack or dismissal of MLS, and you did. I am sure you have not watched any game that Martins has played in the last 2 years, but you know him from Adam. Like I mentioned, I don't bother responding to your usual rants because you know better than everyone else. I just thought to let whoever reads your stuff and swallows it know to be careful. You can carry on.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

1. Emeka Ezeala

2 Bryan Robson

3. Berti Vogts

I know you think you are making sense but I am disappointed to tell you that nothing you have said is of any relevance. The only person on that list who ever made money from Nigerian football was Emeka Ezeala. Even he did not make money from the Super Eagles. What he did was use his influence to get players into Germán academies and sign them up as his players.

I am only responding to you because you are trying to derail this thread with silly comments that will detract from the intelligent debate we are trying to have here. I fail to see the relevance of your point to the discussion we are having here.
Thanks for providing context. Can you please complete the full story.. specifically, who it ties you into the equation? :D

And contrary to what you may think, this discussion IS RELEVANT! This thread is about someone calling for a player who plays in a backyard league to get into the National Team. Every world cup, we get these calls! Adepoju had the choice to call for Martins over the last 4 years, but he didnt. He waited until we have qualified for the World Cup. Thus, its normal for us to question his motives --- specifically since we know for a fact that many people take money from players promising them national team spots This is a fact. Every coach has complained about it, including Rohr, some months back.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

1. Emeka Ezeala

2 Bryan Robson

3. Berti Vogts

Thanks for providing context. Can you please complete the full story.. specifically, who it ties you into the equation? :D

And contrary to what you may think, this discussion IS RELEVANT! This thread is about someone calling for a player who plays in a backyard league to get into the National Team. Every world cup, we get these calls! Adepoju had the choice to call for Martins over the last 4 years, but he didnt. He waited until we have qualified for the World Cup. Thus, its normal for us to question his motives --- specifically since we know for a fact that many people take money from players promising them national team spots This is a fact. Every coach has complained about it, including Rohr, some months back.
Unless you can provide evidence that Adepoju took money from Martins, you have to withdraw that libellous allegation. Peter Rufai asked for Vincent Enyeama to be recalled, did he take money from him too?

If tomorrow Segun Odegbami or Adokie Amesiemeka ask for the recall of Nosa Igiebor or Sunday Mba, will you accuse them of collecting money too. It is childish, immature and unintelligent to start throwing aspersions at the characters of people for airing their views.

You can disagree with them and state why you oppose their choices without the needless scurrilous accusations. One day, someone might just sue for making such irresponsible allegations!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Unless you can provide evidence that Adepoju took money from Martins, you have to withdraw that libellous allegation. Peter Rufai asked for Vincent Enyeama to be recalled, did he take money from him too?

If tomorrow Segun Odegbami or Adokie Amesiemeka ask for the recall of Nosa Igiebor or Sunday Mba, will you accuse them of collecting money too. It is childish, immature and unintelligent to start throwing aspersions at the characters of people for airing their views.

You can disagree with them and state why you oppose their choices without the needless scurrilous accusations. One day, someone might just sue for making such irresponsible allegations!
:clap: :clap:
Please, name them all! We need their names. And also, dont forget to explain your role in the Emeka Ezeala, Berti Stash and Bryan RObson saga. Thanks :D