Man united 1- Rashford - man city 2 Silva, Otamendi FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man united 1- Rashford - man city 2 Silva, Otamendi FT

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
theDunamis wrote:Image
Chai fans are wicked :lol: Reminds me when i was still active, the week after you have a horror show is one to dread. I wont read newspapers until around Wednesday, nor come out except for training. Everywhere you go , and you catch people's stare ,you can almost feel what they are saying....it is lonely at the top.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mourinho once said in an interview that when you have a bad game, it is important to leave your house the next morning. Take a stroll on the street so that everyone can see you . Because if you delay it, it will wear heavier on you as the week goes on.
Let me share a story, back in BCC, i think it was 93 season we were chasing the title but just hanging on barely, then we went for an away matxh to Udoji....we held them to a draw until the closing minutes, then a cross came into our box, we had been under siege clearance after clearance, so i decided why not control this one and try to keep posession and wind down the clock. Mistake on a terrible naija pitch, the ball bounced against my hand, trust naija ref they never waste time to help the home team...we lost.

The following week i decided to travel to Ilorin, it was saturday , enviromental cleabing day and movement was restricted till around 10 am i think. Well i thought my fame will get me through, so left early in the morning for Ilorin, few kilometers outside Gboko, i ran into some vigilante group and they stopped me and demanded to know why i was on the road. I tried to blag my way through, their boss was really angry and hostile towards me.

Then one of his boys said, ha oga this Bolaji now, the man flew into a rage ..'ehen so what...common ball he cannot clear , because of him we lost the title. So it is because he wanted to travel that he committed penalty'......i quietly move to one corner asked for where to pay my fine and moved on :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

theDunamis wrote:Image
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

oloye wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Check the stats. It wasn't even close in any area. Lukaku was denied because of superb saves from the Brazilian. DeGea also made great saves. For me, Utd lost because they were inferior to City.

maceo4 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Not sure why Lukaku is receiving all this flack? He is a superb player. Full stop

Utd did not lose because of Lukaku. They lost because they faced a superior team that took the game to them at Old T

Ah ah, he caused two goals, he deserves the flack. Plus he's only scored 5 times in 39 games against top EPL teams.
Utd'S goal also came from a mistake. Blaming him is failing to see the bigger picture. Mou is responsible for this. His team was outclassed in every single area.
Thats one mistake, Lukaku made 2 and missed a clear chance and his team lost, so of course he is going to get flack regardless of the tactics. That said I disagree that they were super out classed, they weren't, how many clear cut chances did City have? Utd created one and Lukaku missed it.
Sometimes people hide behind stats...stats do not tell true story. By now anyone using stats to judge Jose's team need to go and learn how to interpret stats. Jose rose to succcess against stats....every trophy he has won went against stats...in fact Jose team is one reason why stats should not be taken as the holy grail.
Against Arsenal the stats was even worse, De Gea made more incresible saves than today.

One has to look deeply at what the stats is saying especially the individuals that help make up the stats, now that is when reality comes to the fore. Lukaku played an important part in the two goals that City scored(sadly), and when he had the opportunity to redeem himself, he fluffed his lines, he could have made a better choice.

Is he to be blamed? Depends on which side, but when you spend 75 milla...you expect certain value.
:clap: :clap:

i somewhat agree with you

Arsenal had 75+% possession; City had the same possession.

Arsenal created chances. City capitalized on errors.

But having 30+ touches in United box (in the 1H alone) is too much...haba

This loss is on Jose, not Lukaku

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

spastic wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Hmmmm let’s go back to those who insulted people here for questioning Lukaku’s ability at the beginning of the season :oops: :oops:
Shhhhh! Don't tell em :D
the same Lukaku who created United's 2nd goal at Emirates last week.

You will tear into him bc of 1 missed chance

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

/end

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Better team win,City set a new record,14 straight win.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

If United would have attacked and got torn to shreds I wonder what the excuses would be then. Some just need to face reality, City are superior to United, Jose knows this that's why he set his team up the way he did. Attack them and it would have been embarrassing for United.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

zee wrote:Portugese pygmy aka P-Square :mrgreen: gives thumb up to a ..................

Superior :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: . Smashing DANFO BUSES brings respect :bump:
He is just a rich man's Tony Pullis.

How can you spend all that money and play the rubbish he plays. Pep has spent maga money, but we see it on the pitch with the football. Jose spent mega money to play like Tony Pullis.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Major fight in the tunnel at Old Trafford today. Mikel Arteta was left with blood pouring down face. Bottles as well as punches thrown. Romelu Lukaku prominently involved, according to witnesses.

According to witnesses, it all kicked off with City players celebrating and whooping. ManU players could handle it as they took offence to what they saw as being mocked by City players.

The attack on the City players is the most attacking ManU have been in weeks. Shame it was not on the pitch.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Waffiman wrote:Major fight in the tunnel at Old Trafford today. Mikel Arteta was left with blood pouring down face. Bottles as well as punches thrown. Romelu Lukaku prominently involved, according to witnesses.

According to witnesses, it all kicked off with City players celebrating and whooping. ManU players could handle it as they took offence to what they saw as being mocked by City players.

The attack on the City players is the most attacking ManU have been in weeks. Shame it was not on the pitch.
:lol: :lol: yeye people..
Waiting for a certain Man U fan to corroborate the story with twitter posts. If it is not on Twitter, it never happened. Bunch of sore losers....
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Waffiman wrote:
zee wrote:Portugese pygmy aka P-Square :mrgreen: gives thumb up to a ..................

Superior :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: . Smashing DANFO BUSES brings respect :bump:

How can you spend all that money and play the rubbish he plays. Pep has spent maga money, but we see it on the pitch with the football. Jose spent mega money to play like Tony Pullis.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Mr. Piffington wrote:If United would have attacked and got torn to shreds I wonder what the excuses would be then. Some just need to face reality, City are superior to United, Jose knows this that's why he set his team up the way he did. Attack them and it would have been embarrassing for United.
If!, :lol:

well they sure saved their blushes with this performance at home :roll:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

analyzer wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Major fight in the tunnel at Old Trafford today. Mikel Arteta was left with blood pouring down face. Bottles as well as punches thrown. Romelu Lukaku prominently involved, according to witnesses.

:lol: :lol: yeye people..
Waiting for a certain Man U fan to corroborate the story with twitter posts. If it is not on Twitter, it never happened. Bunch of sore losers....

The ghananese donald trump

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Are some blaming Lukaku for this game? Haba!!
Look at the two goals and the gilt chance he slammed into the keeprs face where a simple side footing of the ball would have ensured a goal. No his display made him a target unfortunately....it is part of the deal of being a high profile player...there is nowhere to hide.
Harry Kane has missed worse. It is part of being a striker. I agree on the high profile part. Way to go with his confidence.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We played too many high balls, if this was our strategy, then we should have brought in felliani who has probably the best first touch in the premiership, lukaku first touch is hopeless so why we decided to go that route was a bit bizarre, yes we did not have Pogba but city did not play Aguero either who has a fine goal scoring history against united, think he has 7 goals, fair enough Pogba would have settled our midfield bit i dont think it would have made much difference, in a game of such magnitude, your front men are supposed to finish every opportunity that presents itself, Lukaku is clearly lacking in confidence

Well it seems Guardiola has finally brought Barcelona football to the Uk and most teams cant handle it including united, remember Guardiola has a proud record against united, he knows how to beat us

Where do we go from here? Well we need all our best players back from injury, let us asume the battle for the runners up will be tough, this is something most united fans will gladly accept and maybe a good run in the champions league
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Are some blaming Lukaku for this game? Haba!!
Look at the two goals and the gilt chance he slammed into the keeprs face where a simple side footing of the ball would have ensured a goal. No his display made him a target unfortunately....it is part of the deal of being a high profile player...there is nowhere to hide.
Harry Kane has missed worse. It is part of being a striker. I agree on the high profile part. Way to go with his confidence.
Yes he has and when such misses affects the outcome of the match, he would be criticised. That is the bottomline here, he was one of the most hit when England failed at the last euro competition.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Kai! I've enjoyed reading through this thread.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Lukaku should have scored, if that chance fell to rashford or martial would have buried it! All he had to do was place the ball on the other side and not shoot direct to the keeper face, on current form, if we are going to drop Miky, then lukaku should be dropped as well
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Lukaku has the lowest football IQ of any player I have watched play. He give passes to his teammates even if they have opponents breathing down their neck. When we play against teams like City or Pool the game is 10 vs 11.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ahhhh so Man United has their version of Arsenal TV :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:Lukaku should have scored, if that chance fell to rashford or martial would have buried it! All he had to do was place the ball on the other side and not shoot direct to the keeper face, on current form, if we are going to drop Miky, then lukaku should be dropped as well
Good luck to Lukaku being dropped :lol: I am surprised his daddy Jose did not come out with another excuse...the last one was about him not getting boot sponsors!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

joplass wrote:Lukaku has the lowest football IQ of any player I have watched play. He give passes to his teammates even if they have opponents breathing down their neck. When we play against teams like City or Pool the game is 10 vs 11.
Chief, take sofry dey yab my brother na. He is not that bad. In fact, when he was banging in the goals, were people not singing his praises?
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Waffiman wrote:

6Nil...
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)