Man united 1- Rashford - man city 2 Silva, Otamendi FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man united 1- Rashford - man city 2 Silva, Otamendi FT

Post by danfo driver »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Mourinho is no longer a top quality manager.
Yet, he won more trophies than Chelsea last season and Chelsea is behind him on the table. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We know why you are upset, bro. We know. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Great day to be a City and Spurs fan. Everyone else dropped 2 points :thumbs:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

spastic wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Hmmmm let’s go back to those who insulted people here for questioning Lukaku’s ability at the beginning of the season :oops: :oops:
Shhhhh! Don't tell em :D

Oh and there’s much more .... just saving them for the end of the season. :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
marko wrote:Lukaku does not warrant starting a game, sorry Mourinho, you have to drop him
See cluelessness...

How many good balls does Lukaku get in a game?
The guy has to deal with poor service in each game.

Look at the service Ibra got when he came on.

That shitty service is now affecting Lukaku. See how he just blasts balls when he gets it at crucial moments.
Ibra thrived with the same services last season. The issue here is what he even does with the ones that comes his way, his ball control will not qualify him to play for serious pincipal's cup high school in lagos. His ball play is just horrible...i mean horrible! I am not judging him in goals , his hold up play is non existent. Cant control, cant pass a d easily bulloed by defenders...i pity him, but men that is his job .
Exactly, Lukaku control of the ball is really bad, even if he has the best service, what will he do with the ball? The limitations of his game is so glaring and if players are picked on form, he need to de dropped as he does not add anything to our game, city seems to have 2 players for 1 position, that squad is too strong but today they scored 2 cheap goals, thanks to lukaku again
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Not sure why Lukaku is receiving all this flack? He is a superb player. Full stop

Utd did not lose because of Lukaku. They lost because they faced a superior team that took the game to them at Old T
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

YUJAM wrote:Not sure why Lukaku is receiving all this flack? He is a superb player. Full stop

Utd did not lose because of Lukaku. They lost because they faced a superior team that took the game to them at Old T

Ah ah, he caused two goals, he deserves the flack. Plus he's only scored 5 times in 39 games against top EPL teams.
Last edited by maceo4 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

danfo driver wrote:
Yet, he won more trophies than Chelsea last season and Chelsea is behind him on the table. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We know why you are upset, bro. We know. :lol: :lol:
2nd rate trophies hahaha....he will not touch the Epl title again with ancient tactics...
Last edited by Benedict Iroha on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...3 mistake goals from both sides. Only a bottom team can derail City the way they are going.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

maceo4 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Not sure why Lukaku is receiving all this flack? He is a superb player. Full stop

Ah ah, he caused two goals, he deserves the flack. Plus he's only scored 5 times in 39 games against top EPL teams.
Utd'S goal also came from a mistake. Blaming him is failing to see the bigger picture. Mou is responsible for this. His team was outclassed in every single area.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

mcal wrote:...3 mistake goals from both sides. Only a bottom team can derail City the way they are going.
Nothing is won in December. Still lots of games to go. One game at a time. :D

HGH
BGB
CTID
:thumbs:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

oloye wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
marko wrote:Lukaku does not warrant starting a game, sorry Mourinho, you have to drop him
See cluelessness...

That shitty service is now affecting Lukaku. See how he just blasts balls when he gets it at crucial moments.
Ibra thrived with the same services last season. The issue here is what he even does with the ones that comes his way, his ball control will not qualify him to play for serious pincipal's cup high school in lagos. His ball play is just horrible...i mean horrible! I am not judging him in goals , his hold up play is non existent. Cant control, cant pass a d easily bulloed by defenders...i pity him, but men that is his job .
Did Lukaku have the same issues in his game at Everton?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Yes Mourinho set us up with negative tactics anyway, if we took the gane to them like we did when we equalised, things might have been different, we were too cautious and gave them far too much respect especilly in our back yard, Mourinho needs to change his tactics, we were outclassed today when we can actually play football
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:If Mourinho wants to redeem himself, he must insist that we play attacking football from now on, Pogba was clearly missed, we lacked creativity in the middle of the pitch, guess total football won and it belongs to city these days
The thing just dey sweet me as people are now continuing to realize the amazingness of Paul Labile Pogba, the best midfielder in the league.

[/video]
No! I don't know what he means... :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

YUJAM wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Utd'S goal also came from a mistake. Blaming him is failing to see the bigger picture. Mou is responsible for this. His team was outclassed in every single area.
Thats one mistake, Lukaku made 2 and missed a clear chance and his team lost, so of course he is going to get flack regardless of the tactics. That said I disagree that they were super out classed, they weren't, how many clear cut chances did City have? Utd created one and Lukaku missed it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

marko wrote:Yes Mourinho set us up with negative tactics anyway, if we took the gane to them like we did when we equalised, things might have been different, we were too cautious and gave them far too much respect especilly in our back yard, Mourinho needs to change his tactics, we were outclassed today when we can actually play football
If you had played an open game we probably eiilf have carved you for 4 or 5
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:Yes Mourinho set us up with negative tactics anyway, if we took the gane to them like we did when we equalised, things might have been different, we were too cautious and gave them far too much respect especilly in our back yard, Mourinho needs to change his tactics, we were outclassed today when we can actually play football
I dont understand this talk of setting up negatively, he had Martial, Lukaku, Rashford and Lingard on the field, that does not look like a negative set up. But look at what united does with the ball whenever they have it....hoof it upfront simply trying to use pace....no ball play nada. Hardly can they string three passes in open spaces never mind tight places. How can City players be calm and play ball out of defence while united players especially the defenders and midfielders are always in a hurry to give it back to the opponent?

It is simply Jose's philosophy to football, one can say it is what the english have been trying to play with no success....get the ball to the other side as quickly as possible and try to score.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
2nd rate trophies hahaha....he will touch the Epl title again with ancient tactics...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fact: Mourinho won 3, and you won 1. Fact, Mourinho is bigger than Chelsea! Fact!

3 of your 5 titles were won by Mourinho. Fact! Literally, he made your club. That is quite embarrassing. One man made your club. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Are some blaming Lukaku for this game? Haba!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Kabalega wrote:
oloye wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
See cluelessness...

Did Lukaku have the same issues in his game at Everton?
At Everton he could be allowed to go unnoticed for games with no wahala. You guys dont get it, at smaller teams you get away with murder. The flaws we are talking about were there at Everton, they are not new. When you step for such money, sorry the scrutiny is even higher.

Listen ,i am not bothered about his lack of goals, it is the other aspect of his game which needs development. If you cannot do hold up play ,you wont play Jose pattern siccesfully. I love Drogba and the Milito guy at Inter, the way they are able to hold the ball and lay a killer pass for their tea mates streaming in to join attack.

Lukaku cannot play with his back to goal....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Check the stats. It wasn't even close in any area. Lukaku was denied because of superb saves from the Brazilian. DeGea also made great saves. For me, Utd lost because they were inferior to City.

maceo4 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Thats one mistake, Lukaku made 2 and missed a clear chance and his team lost, so of course he is going to get flack regardless of the tactics. That said I disagree that they were super out classed, they weren't, how many clear cut chances did City have? Utd created one and Lukaku missed it.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:Are some blaming Lukaku for this game? Haba!!
Look at the two goals and the gilt chance he slammed into the keeprs face where a simple side footing of the ball would have ensured a goal. No his display made him a target unfortunately....it is part of the deal of being a high profile player...there is nowhere to hide.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

YUJAM wrote:Check the stats. It wasn't even close in any area. Lukaku was denied because of superb saves from the Brazilian. DeGea also made great saves. For me, Utd lost because they were inferior to City.

maceo4 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Sometimes people hide behind stats...stats do not tell true story. By now anyone using stats to judge Jose's team need to go and learn how to interpret stats. Jose rose to succcess against stats....every trophy he has won went against stats...in fact Jose team is one reason why stats should not be taken as the holy grail.
Against Arsenal the stats was even worse, De Gea made more incresible saves than today.

One has to look deeply at what the stats is saying especially the individuals that help make up the stats, now that is when reality comes to the fore. Lukaku played an important part in the two goals that City scored(sadly), and when he had the opportunity to redeem himself, he fluffed his lines, he could have made a better choice.

Is he to be blamed? Depends on which side, but when you spend 75 milla...you expect certain value.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

oloye wrote:
I dont understand this talk of setting up negatively, he had Martial, Lukaku, Rashford and Lingard on the field, that does not look like a negative set up. But look at what united does with the ball whenever they have it....hoof it upfront simply trying to use pace....no ball play nada. Hardly can they string three passes in open spaces never mind tight places. How can City players be calm and play ball out of defence while united players especially the defenders and midfielders are always in a hurry to give it back to the opponent?

It is simply Jose's philosophy to football, one can say it is what the english have been trying to play with no success....get the ball to the other side as quickly as possible and try to score.
Give City credit for their play.

There are 2 ways to beat City. There are more... but two main ways to beat them.
Press them high or play them deep defensively.
The former is hard because it takes the whole team effort (Arsenal tried but they are not consistent) so Jose opted for the latter.

City pressed ManU high enough (with formation and not the obvious press) to prevent them from moving the ball quickly to the dangerous players.

The problem was that while Jose has the players to hurt City, and Pep anticipated it with his subs, Jose, didn't take advantage and City could have scored more...