Man united 1- Rashford - man city 2 Silva, Otamendi FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Man united 1- Rashford - man city 2 Silva, Otamendi FT

Post by marko »

Surely the biggest game in world football today, who will come out on top? Who will start for city and united? Team tactics? Will mourinho continue with Lingard who has been fantastic in the last 2 games? Will he recall Miky who has been so poor lately? Or will he play Zlatan behind Lukaku? One thing for sure, City will be looking to attack right from tbe start, is Mourinho likely to put 5 men in midfield? If Felliani is fit, will he start? One thing for certain, united will play Matic and herrera, should either be a cracking game or bore fest, will Mourinho bypass City midfield and look to pump high balls for the likes of lukaku and zlatan to feed off? Cant wait!
Last edited by marko on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man united vs man city preview

Post by Coach »

Have it down as a United win, 12/5s...Does Jose go back three/five or with a four? It would come as no surprise were he to start with Martial/Rashford and Lukaku up top. Lingard behind, with a midfield of Herrera and Matic. Even that would be a tad too adventurous, perhaps Lingard behind Lukaku, Matic, Herrera and whoever else in midfield, 3-5-1-1. Either way, expect an early lead for United and backs to the wall counterattacks thereafter.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Guardiola said he rather retire than park the bus, a clear dig at Mourinho to come out and play, Mourinho will not fall for the bait, dont think united have the players to stand toe to toe with city attacking style, united should just their own game
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

marko wrote:Guardiola said he rather retire than park the bus, a clear dig at Mourinho to come out and play, Mourinho will not fall for the bait, dont think united have the players to stand toe to toe with city attacking style, united should just their own game
Guardiola is always trying to bait teams to come out and play. The only teams I expect will play us straight up this season are Totenham and Liverpool. Coz they both, like City, only know how to play one way.

Sadly UNited needs to win today. Or else this begins to look like the English Pep-mareship :D

With Chelsea and Arsenal shitting the bed today, United really need to bail them out. That said, I'm still backing my team 8-)

BLUEMOON RISING
HGH BGB
CTID :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I can’t wait for this one ... waiting to see how united overcome the absence of Pogba ... will be a big loss today
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

without Pogba this is a B side

let's see how he deploys Lingard

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

This should probably be the official utd-city thread but i will not be able to do updates on scoreline, so if any moderator want to step in and update scores, feel free to do so

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man united vs man city Thread

Post by marko »

Team news

De gea
Valencia
Rojo
Young
Herrera
Matic
Lukaku
Rashford
Martial
lingard
Smalling

City

Ederson
Delph
Kompany
Otamendi
Walker
Silva
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Sterling
Jesus
Sane

Bench

Romero, lindelof, jones, shaw, mc tomminay, mata, ibrahimovic

Its seems Mourinho has gone for pace with the front runners to counter city wing backs, lets see how this pans out
Last edited by marko on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hopefully this one will be a good cracking game compare to the two earlier games.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:This should probably be the official utd-city thread but i will not be able to do updates on scoreline, so if any moderator want to step in and update scores, feel free to do so
Please update the thread move out preview and put 0-0
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Funny thing i feel like Manu line up look strong.
Attack City and they will open nyash.I expect Manu win this at home
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

kajifu wrote:Funny thing i feel like Manu line up look strong.
Well i am being a bit cautious, if we come out to attack city, this might play into their hands, certainly an attacking line up aimed at making sure city wing backs dont leave their positions, certainly pace all round the park

Marko
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg
Re: Man united vs man city 0-0

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

A lot of players of African descent in this derby :thumbs:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:A lot of players of African descent in this derby :thumbs:
You have to list names to make it sweet :clap: :clap:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:
kajifu wrote:Funny thing i feel like Manu line up look strong.
Well i am being a bit cautious, if we come out to attack city, this might play into their hands, certainly an attacking line up aimed at making sure city wing backs dont leave their positions, certainly pace all round the park
Manu have to be smart in the counter,everyone need to be on point
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Herrera brushed by a thigh and he dives and flies through the air like Superman :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Lukaku read the pass ...what a ball by Rash

MLK.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

kajifu wrote:
Chimurenga Rebel wrote:A lot of players of African descent in this derby :thumbs:
You have to list names to make it sweet :clap: :clap:
I am including all players of the African diaspora.

It will be easier to make a list of who is not connected to Africa.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

City go spell Man-U!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Just a matter of time before City scores
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chai Jesus have mercy of Rojo....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kai see wetn Jesus just do Rojo :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:City go spell Man-U!
Why you prefer City to win over Manu as a beloved fan?