SOUTHAMPTON VS ARSENAL 1-1 (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SOUTHAMPTON VS ARSENAL 1-1 (FT)

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:Did not TG say the manu game there were so many positive to take and the team start clicking?
Like i said the team only play well when Manu went 2 goals up and drop deep.
He said it was a turning point. He danced around the village square and did "rankakadede" :lol: :lol: :lol: They just never learn. I dont get it. :lol: :lol:
This happen every year until Wenger leave before we might see some big change.
August some say with Laca we will fight for the league,few weeks ago its about second placed,after march it will be top 4.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:
tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

big team. big big team

Still finished above United :woot:
In what cabinet do you guys display your "finished above United Trophy?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Arsenal needs to learn how to defend. The transition defense this team plays is year in, year out, the worst of the big teams in Europe.
Xhaka isnt the answer to it, Arsenal doesn't have a player who is. If you're going to be cavalier then you need a 3 way midfielder. If I'm AW, I'm looking squarely at Onyinye Ndidi who's one of the few players who can play 3 midfield roles with above average competence.

Today's display was resilient. Did well enough to get the points but a better team (cough cough United) would have punished the structural lapses. Why is Ozil dropping into the deep midfield role to create? Why is Wilshere confused on his role when he comes on? Why is Lacazette impotent against a deep lying team (actually this is the easiest puzzle).

Structural issues abound but that was a resilient crafty enough away display. Still cannot make STUPID defensive errors like Arsenal did several times today.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the point of signing Xhacrap was for again??? His signing must have been the final nail in the scouting coffin of Steve Rowley
Dude plays as if his feet are frozen in carbonite.

It was so obvious but remember how many attacks I got when I pointed this out in the beginning .... the guy doesn’t belong in the EPL ... of course Waffi will respond with his gasbag stats :mrgreen:
Legs slow, mind slower. Off the ball Xhaka one the worst CM's in all of the PL.

Please say it again so they can’t pretend that they didn’t see it ... the combo of Xhacrap and Ramshyt is a disaster waiting to happen
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:I’m not feeling this Lacazette dude ...l such a limited player :curse: :curse: :curse:

Lucky Lucky Arsenal.

If I’m Alexis Sanchez I will be forcing my way out now
What has Alexis done this year. How many matches has he won for us? All you mugu OG critics should be thanking our father above that we still have him.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I’m not feeling this Lacazette dude ...l such a limited player :curse: :curse: :curse:

Lucky Lucky Arsenal.

If I’m Alexis Sanchez I will be forcing my way out now
What has Alexis done this year. How many matches has he won for us? All you mugu OG critics should be thanking our father above that we still have him.

Both of you are right. Alexis gave the ball away ALL day and was a liability BUT he assisted EXCELLENTLY on the goal. You take the lumps and gems with him.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the point of signing Xhacrap was for again??? His signing must have been the final nail in the scouting coffin of Steve Rowley

It was so obvious but remember how many attacks I got when I pointed this out in the beginning .... the guy doesn’t belong in the EPL ... of course Waffi will respond with his gasbag stats :mrgreen:

Please say it again so they can’t pretend that they didn’t see it ... the combo of Xhacrap and Ramshyt is a disaster waiting to happen
Thing is we know Arsenal are prone to losing the ball and not jut losing the possession but losing possession in dangerous areas, also well established Arsenal are prone to being caught out on the counter attack. With that reality 2 CM's who are totally and completely set up to fail in that reality are Ramsey and Xhaka.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Thing is we know Arsenal are prone to losing the ball and not jut losing the possession but losing possession in dangerous areas, also well established Arsenal are prone to being caught out on the counter attack. With that reality 2 CM's who are totally and completely set up to fail in that reality are Ramsey and Xhaka.

:thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Anyone here believes Arsenal makes CL (via EPL) next season? Our away record is just abysmal. Everyone was thrill after the Man U display. With Arsenal you just need to wait until the next game to see the reality.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bepanda wrote:Anyone here believes Arsenal makes CL (via EPL) next season? Our away record is just abysmal. Everyone was thrill after the Man U display. With Arsenal you just need to wait until the next game to see the reality.
CL is weird. Once you all out, its not that easy to come back in.

By God's grace, with Ozil and Sanchez leaving soon, Arsenal will find it impossible to get back in.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: SOUTHAMPTON VS ARSENAL 1-0 (2H)

Post by tfco »

Cito wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cito wrote: It's not hard to look at facts and make them your friends. That game with some luck and no DDG, would have been close to double digits scored by Arsenal.
coulda
woulda
shoulda
Main point is your blatant attempt at passing false information. Cut it out.
you won the possession stats against Soton - facts

1 point: false information....or???

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anikulapo wrote:

big team. big big team

still playing Thursday nights

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

tfco wrote:
Cito wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cito wrote: It's not hard to look at facts and make them your friends. That game with some luck and no DDG, would have been close to double digits scored by Arsenal.
coulda
woulda
shoulda

Saying there was only 2 saves is a full blown false info and you know it. But to say it as is will damage the well concorted lyric you have been waxing. So let's not destroy your flow and go with your lines. Ok? :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cito wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cito wrote:
tfco wrote:
coulda
woulda
shoulda

Saying there was only 2 saves [after Pogba got sent off]is a full blown false info and you know it. But to say it as is will damage the well concorted lyric you have been waxing. So let's not destroy your flow and go with your lines. Ok? :mrgreen:
reading.is.fun.da.mental

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

tfco wrote:
Cito wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cito wrote:
tfco wrote:
coulda
woulda
shoulda

Saying there was only 2 saves [after Pogba got sent off]is a full blown false info and you know it. But to say it as is will damage the well concorted lyric you have been waxing. So let's not destroy your flow and go with your lines. Ok? :mrgreen:
reading.is.fun.da.mental
Bia onye mkpu-mpku (ask your Igbo friend what it means), your team is about to get smacked this afternoon.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

tfco wrote:
Cito wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cito wrote:
tfco wrote:
coulda
woulda
shoulda

reading.is.fun.da.mental
Lying on such an issue that could be easily checked is a dis.ease... :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

big team. big big team

You can relate pretty well :taunt:

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

zee wrote:
tfco wrote:
zee wrote:
Coach wrote:
zee wrote:Southampton be 4-1 up by now. The 1-0 flatters Arsenal.
And they will pay the dearest price.
DW. Daniel Welbeck.
That will be 'justice'...................Arsenal played ManU off the park and lost 3-1, so won't be surprised if they win a game that their opponents are miles ahead better.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not sure what game you watched. played 'off the park'????

more possession, yes
more shots, yes. please go check the shots on target stat

also DDG made 2 easy saves (yes TWO) after Pogba got sent off
Man, I counted nothing less than 3 world class saves by ManU keeper in the 1st half---------------------ALONE.
yes.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

tfco wrote:
zee wrote:
Coach wrote:
zee wrote:Southampton be 4-1 up by now. The 1-0 flatters Arsenal.
And they will pay the dearest price.
DW. Daniel Welbeck.
That will be 'justice'...................Arsenal played ManU off the park and lost 3-1, so won't be surprised if they win a game that their opponents are miles ahead better.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not sure what game you watched. played 'off the park'????

more possession, yes
more shots, yes. please go check the shots on target stat

also DDG made 2 easy saves (yes TWO) after Pogba got sent off
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Cito wrote: Lying on such an issue that could be easily checked is a dis.ease... :mrgreen:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anikulapo wrote:
tfco wrote:

You can relate pretty well :taunt:
sorry.

cannot relate. we are (no longer playing) Thursday night

you are *still* playing Th night

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

platinum wrote:Arsenal needs to learn how to defend. The transition defense this team plays is year in, year out, the worst of the big teams in Europe.
Xhaka isnt the answer to it, Arsenal doesn't have a player who is. If you're going to be cavalier then you need a 3 way midfielder. If I'm AW, I'm looking squarely at Onyinye Ndidi who's one of the few players who can play 3 midfield roles with above average competence.

Today's display was resilient. Did well enough to get the points but a better team (cough cough United) would have punished the structural lapses. Why is Ozil dropping into the deep midfield role to create? Why is Wilshere confused on his role when he comes on? Why is Lacazette impotent against a deep lying team (actually this is the easiest puzzle).

Structural issues abound but that was a resilient crafty enough away display. Still cannot make STUPID defensive errors like Arsenal did several times today.
preferably one that has pace, and can hold the ball when pressured.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Won't even bother to go through the pages and pages of analysis. As I have been saying since 2009 until Wenger calls it a day as manager of AFC we will be on repeat. I really hope that the powers that be at Arsenal will see sense and not renew his contract after this.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube