Punches thrown, and Mourinho and Ederson in yelling match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Punches thrown, and Mourinho and Ederson in yelling matc

Post by wiseone »

This is a bit like "pizza-gate" when Fabregas threw pizza at SAF...also at the Old Trafford tunnel.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

wiseone wrote:This is a bit like "pizza-gate" when Fabregas threw pizza at SAF...also at the Old Trafford tunnel.

what was the story behind it? why did Fabregas throw pizza and SAF?

What was the other one, about SAF used a soccer boot to slap Beckham?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

oloye wrote:The man is a sore loser, deserves to the milk to calm him down. For someone who loves to rub it in and never holds back with his celebrations, it is rather rich of him to be annoyed that others do the same.
In law, nuff respect for telling it as it is! :clap: :clap: :clap:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

"Pizza-gate" was very similar to the Man City incident yesterday. In 2006, Arsenal's "Invincibles" champion team had come to OT on a 49 match unbeaten run and needed 1 more game to break the record and go 50 games unbeaten. After a tense and physical game, Man Utd ended Arsenal's unbeaten run with a 2-0 win, following a 73 min Van Nisteelrooy pen for a foul on a young Rooney + another late goal by Rooney.

Arsenal were livid because: (a) they hated RVN who they blamed for getting Vieira sent off in the corresponding game the previous year; (b) they claimed it was never a pen; and (c) Wenger was angrily complaining about tackles on Jose Antonio Reyes by Man Utd players.

The animosity boiled over as players left the pitch and entered the tunnel. When SAF told Wenger to leave his players alone, Wenger clenched his fists, confronted SAF, and told him "what are you going to do about it?" A fight ensued in the tunnel between both sets of players who had to be separated by security and police. In the melee, Fabregas threw a pizza which splattered all over SAF's designer suit. It was so badly ruined that SAF had to change into a tracksuit to do the post match press conference.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
wiseone wrote:This is a bit like "pizza-gate" when Fabregas threw pizza at SAF...also at the Old Trafford tunnel.

Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

oloye wrote:The man is a sore loser, deserves to the milk to calm him down. For someone who loves to rub it in and never holds back with his celebrations, it is rather rich of him to be annoyed that others do the same.
In law, nuff respect for telling it as it is! :clap: :clap: :clap:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

wiseone wrote:"Pizza-gate" was very similar to the Man City incident yesterday. In 2006, Arsenal's "Invincibles" champion team had come to OT on a 49 match unbeaten run and needed 1 more game to break the record and go 50 games unbeaten. After a tense and physical game, Man Utd ended Arsenal's unbeaten run with a 2-0 win, following a 73 min Van Nisteelrooy pen for a foul on a young Rooney + another late goal by Rooney.

Arsenal were livid because: (a) they hated RVN who they blamed for getting Vieira sent off in the corresponding game the previous year; (b) they claimed it was never a pen; and (c) Wenger was angrily complaining about tackles on Jose Antonio Reyes by Man Utd players.

The animosity boiled over as players left the pitch and entered the tunnel. When SAF told Wenger to leave his players alone, Wenger clenched his fists, confronted SAF, and told him "what are you going to do about it?" A fight ensued in the tunnel between both sets of players who had to be separated by security and police. In the melee, Fabregas threw a pizza which splattered all over SAF's designer suit. It was so badly ruined that SAF had to change into a tracksuit to do the post match press conference.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Cesc Fabregas = Old Trafford Legend :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

wiseone wrote:"Pizza-gate" was very similar to the Man City incident yesterday. In 2006, Arsenal's "Invincibles" champion team had come to OT on a 49 match unbeaten run and needed 1 more game to break the record and go 50 games unbeaten. After a tense and physical game, Man Utd ended Arsenal's unbeaten run with a 2-0 win, following a 73 min Van Nisteelrooy pen for a foul on a young Rooney + another late goal by Rooney.

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Kai!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Grade A comedy! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Pep Guardiola: Man City boss says players did not over-celebrate at Man Utd

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42320843

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says he "encouraged" his side to celebrate Sunday's 2-1 win at Manchester United, but denies they went over the top.

United manager Jose Mourinho had milk thrown at him outside the Old Trafford dressing rooms after objecting to City's celebrations.

Asked if his players celebrated too much, Guardiola said: "Definitely not.

"We were happy. We won a derby against Manchester United, one of the best rivals we have."

City's players initially celebrated Sunday's victory in front of their fans, and coaching staff tried to persuade Guardiola to join them, but he refused.

After the players and staff headed down the tunnel, it is understood Mourinho complained outside the visitors' dressing room as he made his way to interviews.

In the ensuing row, the Portuguese had water and milk thrown at him while City coach Mikel Arteta suffered a cut head after he was hit by a plastic drinks bottle. It is not known who threw it and sources from both clubs say no punches were thrown during the incident.

"After the game, the players shake hands, between them - no problem at all - and some players go and celebrate with the fans as normal," said Guardiola.

"After that we went to the locker room and I encourage to the players to celebrate victories but, of course, inside of the locker room.

"Of course, with huge respect for our opponents, not just Manchester United's.

"When we lose we have to accept defeat and when we win to try to celebrate it.

"I am the guy who encouraged them to celebrate it in that moment but between each other. That is what we did."

A question of diversity - Mourinho

The Football Association said on Monday that both clubs have until Wednesday to reply to a request for their observations of the incident.

"After what happened, hopefully it cannot happen again," said Guardiola. "What happened we will explain to the FA investigation. United will do the same.

"We will make a statement to the FA. I am not going to comment about that."

City's victory - their 14th in a row in the Premier League - took them 11 points clear of second-placed United at the top of the table.

Guardiola added: "We were happy. We won a derby against United, in that moment the best rival we have to win the Premier League.

"So do people expect we are not going to celebrate? No, we celebrated but I think like when United win a derby they celebrated, when Arsenal win against United they celebrated. But where? Inside the dressing room.

"It was correct. We hugged and jumped because we were happy.

"I think all the teams around the world when they win a derby are happy."

Mourinho, appearing at a news conference before Wednesday's game against Bournemouth, would not comment on what Guardiola had said.

He added: "The only thing I can say is that for me was just a question of diversity - diversity in behaviour, diversity in education, just that and nothing more."
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

In order to distract from a bad loss or poor performance, Jose always manufactures a controversy.

Of course, the more traditional explanation is that he does this to take pressure off his players. The cynic in me says he does this to take the pressure off himself.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

deanotito wrote:In order to distract from a bad loss or poor performance, Jose always manufactures a controversy.

Of course, the more traditional explanation is that he does this to take pressure off his players. The cynic in me says he does this to take the pressure off himself.
The midget thrives in the midst of chaos ,he has to be under some form of siege or perceived wrong in order to do well. When he was doing paddy paddy with Guardiola on the field after the loss, something in me said ,something is not right here...so when this report about the fracas that ensued in the dressing room..i said bingo, the clown has got to manufacture something, it was too smooth and too good to be real. Now he has to create that war situation between City and United...he needs that.
The answer is a simple one he hides behind the players, it is all about him. I mean how can you ask the other team not to celebrate? Someone who leaves the pitch minutes before the end of the game, not quietly, but has the balls to go to the bench of his opponents and rub it in with the request for handshake. :lol:

It beggars belief....his problem is his ego,it is so huge, one can say it is the reason why he is short..the ego took the best of his growing phase!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

oloye wrote:
deanotito wrote:In order to distract from a bad loss or poor performance, Jose always manufactures a controversy.

The midget thrives in the midst of chaos ,he has to be under some form of siege or perceived wrong in order to do well. When he was doing paddy paddy with Guardiola on the field after the loss, something in me said ,something is not right here...so when this report about the fracas that ensued in the dressing room..i said bingo, the clown has got to manufacture something, it was too smooth and too good to be real. Now he has to create that war situation between City and United...he needs that.
The answer is a simple one he hides behind the players, it is all about him. I mean how can you ask the other team not to celebrate? Someone who leaves the pitch minutes before the end of the game, not quietly, but has the balls to go to the bench of his opponents and rub it in with the request for handshake. :lol:

It beggars belief....his problem is his ego,it is so huge, one can say it is the reason why he is short..the ego took the best of his growing phase!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, he's an annoying one.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Mourinho is entirely without shame. How can he complain about over-celebration with a straight face? I've just heard him on telly saying it is about "diversity", how some people are "educated", etc.
http://www.naijiant.com/
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Daily Mail = glorified tabloid. If this is true, I am surprised that youngsters like Marcus Rashford, Axel Tuanzebe, and Luke Shaw would be the ones to lead the assault on the City changing room (instead of more senior hotheads like Ibra).
Nkume wrote:Dailymail.co.uk has play by play!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... attle.html
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

There was one when after beating PSG at Stamford bridge, he ran the whole lenght of the touchline at pace that Usain Bolt would be proud. The same clown has forgotten how he rab unto the field when Inter beat Barca at nou camp, an event which prompted the Barca keeper to attack him....i mean of all people...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho