FIFA Disciplinary Committe award Algeria 3-0 win over Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: FIFA Disciplinary Committe award Algeria 3-0 win over Ea

Post by niyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
The defender was cautioned in the Super Eagles 1-0 win over Zambia in October that sealed Nigeria's spot in Russia, having been shown a yellow card in the first leg of their second round tie against Swaziland in November 2015.
I can't believe the pre-group stage match really counts. I honestly don't blame the NFF here. I think it's a lesson for next time but we would have fought this if the result meant anything.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

niyi wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The defender was cautioned in the Super Eagles 1-0 win over Zambia in October that sealed Nigeria's spot in Russia, having been shown a yellow card in the first leg of their second round tie against Swaziland in November 2015.
I can't believe the pre-group stage match really counts. I honestly don't blame the NFF here. I think it's a lesson for next time but we would have fought this if the result meant anything.
me sef..I think nah jobless person wey no get work go dey dig this ish..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Oh Picnic, Oh Rohr, this is rather shameful! :scared: :shock:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eagle - Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Commit

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:so our record don kpafuka because on olodoness..shame, shame shame
Look at this dummy? What are you writing? Mumu, what is; "because on?"
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eagle - Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Commit

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:this is unacceptable .
Sentences are started or began with a CAPITAL letter - fool
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Pinnick should appeal the decision on the grounds that they were not informed. I find it odd that FIFA did not write to the NFF to point out that Shehu Abdullahi was ineligible for the match.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

NFA should appeal this. You only get a suspension if you get back to back YCs. Since he didn't get one vs Cameroon, why is he being sanctioned now?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

bret- hart wrote:NFA should appeal this. You only get a suspension if you get back to back YCs. Since he didn't get one vs Cameroon, why is he being sanctioned now?
Wont work. The rules are for accumulated Yellow cards, not back to back yellow cards (as was previously the case).
Nigeria is not the only country to be sanctioned. Others had also been sanctioned as well. We need to have lawyers that know the Fifa letter of the law by heart and can properly advice the NFF on such things before each match.

Or even better, Fifa should maintain a publicly available database where every team can check the eligibility of their squad and players prior to each match.

Just thank god that this decision has zero impact.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

I have always feared that something like this will haunt us one day. I just do not trust whoever is responsible to keep track of things.
gmoni1
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni1 »

Abdullahi Shehu knows that he was under suspension, he should have alerted the coach about it..
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

gmoni1 wrote:Abdullahi Shehu knows that he was under suspension, he should have alerted the coach about it..
How do you know he knew?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

niyi wrote:
gmoni1 wrote:Abdullahi Shehu knows that he was under suspension, he should have alerted the coach about it..
How do you know he knew?
Bros ax am o.

To think he only got one Yellow in the final round of qualifyiers.
Shameful part was that he played in a dead rubber match where we had capable replacements. And he was not even a critical player.

Very embarrassing for everyone involved.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg
Re: Eagles - Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Commi

Post by 9jaMan »

truetalk wrote:It is even worse than it looks because that would have been the game to officially cap Tyrone Ebuehi who was with the team and was picking his fingernails on the bench. As it is now, Tyrone has not featured in an official game for the Eagles.
That's down to the stupidity of Rohr and his inability to recognize talent
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

9jaMan wrote:
truetalk wrote:It is even worse than it looks because that would have been the game to officially cap Tyrone Ebuehi who was with the team and was picking his fingernails on the bench. As it is now, Tyrone has not featured in an official game for the Eagles.
Some of you just lack respect and common sense at the same time. It's unfortunate.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

9jaMan wrote:
You what?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

What i find strange is that there is a 2 year gap between the accumulated yellow cards. FIFA informed Nigeria of Shehu's suspension before the Algerian match but the NFF is claiming the official who was sent the e-mail was in hospital with heart conditions. This is a lame excuse as his work should have been delegated. FIFA too should share the blame as the match commissioner was not informed.
I am happy
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

We are VERY lucky. Good for Rohr and the team for giving themselves lee-way in the group by being so dominant.

This is ridiculous. Who controls team operations?????? Doesn't the FA or SE have that??? There're loads of hangers-on who follow the team and FA around, put them to work and let them earn their keep.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

niyi wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

That's no excuse. It's their job to be on top of these things. Pinnick needs to put his house in order. It's not just about chasing sponsors.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

If dem like mek dem award Algeria 10-0 win. We will be doing our winning :thumbs: on the green grass in Russia in 6 months.

Wha choo looking at?!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Scipio Africanus wrote:If dem like mek dem award Algeria 10-0 win. We will be doing our winning :thumbs: on the green grass in Russia in 6 months.

Have you stopped to consider how this will affect our next FIFA ranking? Which will in turn affect the ability of our players to play in the EPL should the opportunity arise in the January transfer window.

One thing we need to learn in these parts and in the NFF - every little detail counts and is important. It's not enough to say that we will be doing our winning on the green grass, without crossing every (t) and dotting every (i) that gives us the best chance to succeed on the pitch. Trying to win on the field in spite of our off field bumbling is what has prevented us from reaching our potential all these years.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

This is not only embracing to NFF but to all of us here on cyber. Not a single soul came close to spottspotting this error including our 10pointer Oga.Ayo. na wa o. So what games are we referring to now? DID Shehu himself had no idea ??
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

walesvilla wrote:This is not only embracing to NFF but to all of us here on cyber. Not a single soul came close to spottspotting this error including our 10pointer Oga.Ayo. na wa o. So what games are we referring to now? DID Shehu himself had no idea ??

Give us 10 reasons why Ayo should have noticed this.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."