FIFA Disciplinary Committe award Algeria 3-0 win over Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA Disciplinary Committe award Algeria 3-0 win over Ea

Post by ANC »

they will not learn from this.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...yet many will still be giving the thieves high marks, even after missing from point blank 6 yard line. NFA organization sucks.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

realtrouble wrote:Why not keep a simple database on all activities, e.g injuries, cautions, location etc. A simple Google spreadsheet will be suffice and it is free. The OOO notification is a personal choice, some people might forget to turn it on, but record keeping is a MUST should be standard practice in any organisation. You check your records before making decision, the process and backup processes take precedent of decisions.

Honestly, I wished Nigeria was disqualified from the WC, this isn't the first time and it wouldn't be the last, the NFF are just not capable.
FIFA keeps a record and notifies of all suspended players. I think the FA has to supply FIFA with names of players before games even though I'm not 100% sure. Those in the know can clarify. So you just need to keep your communication with FIFA clear. Most FA's also keep records. But NFF failed because of their email system and the time duration between the yellow cards.

I cannot trust the FA to keep a meticulous record. It's not in our nature.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

^^
Information available to FIFA would be in the report from the previous games such as who played the match, who got yellow, etc

From this info and previous records FIFA would inform the NFF of ineligible player(s) for the next match.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

pajimoh wrote:
realtrouble wrote:Why not keep a simple database on all activities, e.g injuries, cautions, location etc. A simple Google spreadsheet will be suffice and it is free. The OOO notification is a personal choice, some people might forget to turn it on, but record keeping is a MUST should be standard practice in any organisation. You check your records before making decision, the process and backup processes take precedent of decisions.

Honestly, I wished Nigeria was disqualified from the WC, this isn't the first time and it wouldn't be the last, the NFF are just not capable.
FIFA keeps a record and notifies of all suspended players. I think the FA has to supply FIFA with names of players before games even though I'm not 100% sure. Those in the know can clarify. So you just need to keep your communication with FIFA clear. Most FA's also keep records. But NFF failed because of their email system and the time duration between the yellow cards.

FIFA can improve this system by having a website that everyone can check instead of sending individual emails that can fall through the cracks in a communication lapse. The website would keep an updated list all players suspended for the next game per competition. So it is the responsibility of FAs and all interested parties to check this website.

This is not to blame FIFA for what happened. The NFF knew what the current system was, so were fully responsible for the error. However, an improvement can be made on the FIFA side.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

My question is, why are we not blaming the West for this? Somehow, somewhere, someplace, the West must be responsible for this act of gross incompetence on the part of our NFF. Did the West not create the NFF to ensure that we do not win World Cups and therefore deny them access to our natural resources? If we put competent people in charge at the NFF, will the West not murder and assassinate them? If we put competent people in charge of the NFF will it not affect how the West has access to our strategic resources that the US sorely needs? Please let us put the blame squarely where it lies, with the West.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ohsee wrote:My question is, why are we not blaming the West for this? Somehow, somewhere, someplace, the West must be responsible for this act of gross incompetence on the part of our NFF. Did the West not create the NFF to ensure that we do not win World Cups and therefore deny them access to our natural resources? If we put competent people in charge at the NFF, will the West not murder and assassinate them? If we put competent people in charge of the NFF will it not affect how the West has access to our strategic resources that the US sorely needs? Please let us put the blame squarely where it lies, with the West.
Dede, you are the one "blaming the West". No one but yourself is blaming the West or brought up the West. Do you want to engage in a superfluous argument with yourself?

I mean, your statement is so out of left field that one is wondering if you are not crossposting or somn? :oops:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Orion wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

FIFA can improve this system by having a website that everyone can check instead of sending individual emails that can fall through the cracks in a communication lapse. The website would keep an updated list all players suspended for the next game per competition. So it is the responsibility of FAs and all interested parties to check this website.

This is not to blame FIFA for what happened. The NFF knew what the current system was, so were fully responsible for the error. However, an improvement can be made on the FIFA side.
FIFA is under no obligation to do FA's jobs for them.

In fact, I believe that FIFA did not inform FAs of cards until recently.
However, CAF (yes our CAF) used to notify teams of such issues which confused a lot of African teams that expected FIFA to do the same in FIFA tournaments.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Kabalega wrote:
Orion wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

However, CAF (yes our CAF) used to notify teams of such issues which confused a lot of African teams that expected FIFA to do the same in FIFA tournaments.
Any system can be improved. What I suggested was an improvement on what FIFA is already doing. It may even take less time and effort to update one website instead of sending emails to individuals FAs.

This by no means absolves the NFF from what happened for which they were 100% responsible.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Robotnik wrote:Onazi has been identified as another player to pick 2 yellow cards during the qualifiers. Naija in trouble here. Saving grace he was injured b4 the last match
by who? he was out injured , so this makes no sense
Educationist, Intelligent man, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: In your Community College, is what you wrote how to begin a sentence? Please be informed sentences are stared with CAPITAL LETTERS , kai, dummy! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:so the only way SE got a loss in the WCQs in how many years, nah via technicality :D
Hmm, :lol: :lol: :lol: what a fool? Thus, you still don't know how to start or begin a sentence? The one with CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS, yet can't begin a sentence properly. I am sorry for you - educated illiterate :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

According to Fela, "... e dey show." :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Orion wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Apparently, FIFA emailed Pinnick, NFF General Secretary, and NFF director of competitions on Shehu Abdullahi ineligibility. :oops: :oops:

So they can't fire or discipline themselves. :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Cellular wrote:
ohsee wrote:My question is, why are we not blaming the West for this? Somehow, somewhere, someplace, the West must be responsible for this act of gross incompetence on the part of our NFF. Did the West not create the NFF to ensure that we do not win World Cups and therefore deny them access to our natural resources? If we put competent people in charge at the NFF, will the West not murder and assassinate them? If we put competent people in charge of the NFF will it not affect how the West has access to our strategic resources that the US sorely needs? Please let us put the blame squarely where it lies, with the West.
Dede, you are the one "blaming the West". No one but yourself is blaming the West or brought up the West. Do you want to engage in a superfluous argument with yourself?

I mean, your statement is so out of left field that one is wondering if you are not crossposting or somn? :oops:
OK. Sorry Oga President sah. I won't blame di West again. Is jos that some pipuls like to blame di West for everytins, so I am very suprise dat we are not blaming dem hia. I understand now. When we show gross incompetence and stupidity in football, we all agreeded that is is our own negligence, not the West, but when we show di same gross negligence and stupidity in odda tins, it mus be di West. Chai, you are helping me to understand tins o! :thumbs:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

ohsee wrote:
Cellular wrote:

OK. Sorry Oga President sah. I won't blame di West again. Is jos that some pipuls like to blame di West for everytins, so I am very suprise dat we are not blaming dem hia. I understand now. When we show gross incompetence and stupidity in football, we all agreeded that is is our own negligence, not the West, but when we show di same gross negligence and stupidity in odda tins, it mus be di West. Chai, you are helping me to understand tins o! :thumbs:
You are welcome Sah!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Orion wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Orion wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Any system can be improved. What I suggested was an improvement on what FIFA is already doing. It may even take less time and effort to update one website instead of sending emails to individuals FAs.

This by no means absolves the NFF from what happened for which they were 100% responsible.
Orion,

What you suggest is indeed a much easier, efficient, and effective means of doing the task. TBH, I do not see why FIFA should not be doing that.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics