FIFA Disciplinary Committe award Algeria 3-0 win over Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA Disciplinary Committe award Algeria 3-0 win over Ea

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

To paraphrase Robbynice, it's a damn shame if you ask me. When I saw the thread, I was hoping it was from 10 yrs ago....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

Scipio Africanus wrote:If dem like mek dem award Algeria 10-0 win. We will be doing our winning :thumbs: on the green grass in Russia in 6 months.
I have been openly critical of Pinnick over his incessant globetrotting and romance with the foreign press... when other administrative bolts and nuts actually deserve his federation's attention, as we are finding out. Now, we are getting punched in the face with this unnecessary embarrassment. This bloke should leave the TV cameras for the information officers and the PR team. He is the NFF President, not the messengers, for goodness' sake!

Having said all that, the whole of Algeria should be happy and proud of their football today. Everyone in the group started with the same zero point. Even after this donation of a free 3-point bonus, the Desert Foxes are still rock bottom of the group.

Thank Heavens, our football is so much better than our "game politics" - that we are still able to afford this sanction! Naija football triumphs today and saves our blushes. Let's hope the lessons (to the NFF and the team handlers in this fiasco) have been served and learned once and for all. But, who would bet on that?
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Didn't Tunisia use a FIFA rulebook feature to get another country disqualified a while back?

Wha choo looking at?!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Appeal nothing...move on. Lesson learned..we are at the World cup.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Should we have threads for disiplines in qualifiers on this site? This is embarrassing and may prove costly to some players.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Didn't Tunisia use a FIFA rulebook feature to get another country disqualified a while back?
Cape Verde.

Poor Islanders.. fought like brave soldiers without a guiding General!
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Cameroon and Zambia should have sleuths digging up dirt...
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sampo wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:If dem like mek dem award Algeria 10-0 win. We will be doing our winning :thumbs: on the green grass in Russia in 6 months.
I have been openly critical of Pinnick over his incessant globetrotting and romance with the foreign press... when other administrative bolts and nuts actually deserve his federation's attention, as we are finding out. Now, we are getting punched in the face with this unnecessary embarrassment. This bloke should leave the TV cameras for the information officers and the PR team. He is the NFF President, not the messengers, for goodness' sake!

Having said all that, the whole of Algeria should be happy and proud of their football today. Everyone in the group started with the same zero point. Even after this donation of a free 3-point bonus, the Desert Foxes are still rock bottom of the group.

Thank Heavens, our football is so much better than our "game politics" - that we are still able to afford this sanction! Naija football triumphs today and saves our blushes. Let's hope the lessons (to the NFF and the team handlers in this fiasco) have been served and learned once and for all. But, who would bet on that?
It used to be, watching Naija at the WC, you expect us to gift the opposition an early goal or two. Now it seems we have moved those gifts to the opposition off the field. With regard to your last question, you and everyone on dis site sabi the answer well well. :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

...cheii almost happened to be the best day of celebration for the WAFU champions, the midget Brazil of Africa...
...thiefCo or wRongling could have been on CNN celebrating like crazy over Naija no more on WC...
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

:taunt: CE needs a sticky thread to keep records for the NFF

So if Shehu got a second yellow in any of previous matches before the Zambia match we would have lost more points.

Also now the history books say we have lost our undefeated WC record since Angola 2004. Even this loss was based on logistics.

This highlights the authors of the real issues with Nigeria football. It is not lack of talent.
Last edited by Robotnik on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

At least we qualified,you must remember Nigeria has always had problems with organisation. But this is just ridiculous I can’t even blame the NFF.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

So Shehu did not know he was not eligible for the match? Na wao!
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Dammy wrote:What i find strange is that there is a 2 year gap between the accumulated yellow cards. FIFA informed Nigeria of Shehu's suspension before the Algerian match but the NFF is claiming the official who was sent the e-mail was in hospital with heart conditions. This is a lame excuse as his work should have been delegated. FIFA too should share the blame as the match commissioner was not informed.
With the 2 year gap, it is hard to blame the player. Rohr was not in charge of the team for the first yellow, so this is on the NFF. They should have kept their own records and not just rely on FIFA informing them, especially when their own internal communication systems are not perfect. Oh well, we lost one point but I hope they learn a serious lesson from this.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Zambia fans just fainted. If only.....m
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Eaglezbeak wrote:At least we qualified,you must remember Nigeria has always had problems with organisation. But this is just ridiculous I can’t even blame the NFF.
Watch how NFF will screw up during the tournament, issue relating to bonuses, logistics,hotel and discipline.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:Zambia fans just fainted. If only.....m
Fainted wetin? :tic: They are furiously combing through FIFA records right now as I type ...

Wha choo looking at?!
bouncino
Egg
Egg
Re: Eagles - Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Commi

Post by bouncino »

mystic wrote:
truetalk wrote:It is even worse than it looks because that would have been the game to officially cap Tyrone Ebuehi who was with the team and was picking his fingernails on the bench. As it is now, Tyrone has not featured in an official game for the Eagles.

Simply disgraceful! The NFF gets the lion's share of the blame, but the coaching staff is also at fault.
Rohr was not our coach in 2015. How can he be at fault?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

To be frank, the blame is squarely on the NFF. I did not notice this until I read this piece and checked the records and indeed FIFA is correct. Shehu did receive a caution v Swaziland in Lobambo (90th min.) on November 13, 2015! This was even before Rohr came on board and then v Zambia. NFF bungled this. Let them just thank their stars that this did not cost us World Cup qualification.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Enugu II wrote:To be frank, the blame is squarely on the NFF. I did not notice this until I read this piece and checked the records and indeed FIFA is correct. Shehu did receive a caution v Swaziland in Lobambo (90th min.) on November 13, 2015! This was even before Rohr came on board and then v Zambia. NFF bungled this. Let them just thank their stars that this did not cost us World Cup qualification.
The excuse about the person who was notified being sick is shameful.

Why are we receiving correspondence from FIFA through and individual's personal email? If the individual was not available, did he/she have a secretary or someone who took over their responsibilities?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

niyi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:To be frank, the blame is squarely on the NFF. I did not notice this until I read this piece and checked the records and indeed FIFA is correct. Shehu did receive a caution v Swaziland in Lobambo (90th min.) on November 13, 2015! This was even before Rohr came on board and then v Zambia. NFF bungled this. Let them just thank their stars that this did not cost us World Cup qualification.
The excuse about the person who was notified being sick is shameful.

Why are we receiving correspondence from FIFA through and individual's personal email? If the individual was not available, did he/she have a secretary or someone who took over their responsibilities?
:rotf: :rotf:
You don spend too much time overseas

Wha choo looking at?!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Heads should roll.

I do not exclusively mean Pinnick, although the laws of physics shows than an egg will splendidly rotate around its minor axis.

T'is the Season!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This thing really dey vex and pain my belle, what if dem go dig some more research eh? Why do we do such. .heads must roll....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Worst thing is that Shehu was the one who gave up the PK.