FIFA Disciplinary Committe award Algeria 3-0 win over Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: FIFA Disciplinary Committe award Algeria 3-0 win over Ea

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robotnik wrote:Onazi has been identified as another player to pick 2 yellow cards during the qualifiers. Naija in trouble here. Saving grace he was injured b4 the last match
by who? he was out injured , so this makes no sense
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Robotnik wrote:Onazi has been identified as another player to pick 2 yellow cards during the qualifiers. Naija in trouble here. Saving grace he was injured b4 the last match
Basically you want us to panic at something that was probably under control and in any case the player was injured. To satisfy this your useless piece of information - I'm panicking " oh my God, we are going to get banned. The shame of it. I can see tfco's reaction and all the short people in Kumasi" mssshhhewww :curse: :arrow:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

pajimoh wrote:This is the problem with bureaucratic organization that is not I.T smart. Someone goes on holiday or sick and their workload or Email is not redirected or "Out of Office" notification put in place. I cannot fault the office that is sick but I fault the setup that did not put proper proto old in place to make sure his work continues. If that email had been redirected to someone else, this would have been picked up.
Who is Pinnick going to fire now, himself or a scape goat?
Your point here is very valid. Some little I.T. compliance steps can save us a lot of trouble. Just simply using an 'Out of Office' notification can go a long way.

I'm so relieved we are not going down for this.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Robotnik,

I do not believe that the info on Onazi is accurate. Though he accumulates more cards than any of the SE regulars, I believe he was only cautioned in one game (1-1 v Cameroon). In which other game did he receive a caution?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

players cautioned during the 3rd round
Cautions
Rainford KALABA (ZAM) 39' , John Obi MIKEL (NGA) 88'

Victor MOSES (NGA) 25' , Nabil BENTALEB (ALG) 49' , Aissa MANDI (ALG) 60'

vs Cameroon , Ighalo and 2 les Lions had yellows

2nd leg Onazi and Balogun

vs Zambia , Just Shehu

games vs Swaziland 1st leg Shehu and Oboabona
2nd leg
Sylvester IGBOUN (NGA) 54' , Siyabonga MDLULI (SWZ) 59' , Efe AMBROSE (NGA) 63' , Phumlani DLAMINI (SWZ) 84' , Phumlani DLAMINI (SWZ) 90' , Sabelo NDZINISA (SWZ) 90'+3 , Paul ONOBI (NGA) 90'+4

we are safe ooooo, glory to God
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so the only way SE got a loss in the WCQs in how many years, nah via technicality :D
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

It took me a while for this thread to sink in. Wow, just wow! So, thats how we'd have been talking about watching the world cup from home because an administrator refused to do his/her job? wow.

I suspect that the administrator will not be fired. But this cannot simply ignored. The person needs to clear his/her desk.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
4. FIFA sent notice after the match against Zambia that Shehu is suspended for Algeria match but sent the email directly to the technical officer in charge whom incidentally was hospitalized at that period with a serious heart problem so was not on emails and couldn’t have seen it.
In 2017, NFF (corporate entity) does not operate a corporate email account relating to all official non-classified correspondence (especially with the supervisory entity - in this case FIFA);
such that all official non-classified correspondence is accessible to all staff...

Folks absolving NFF of all blame need to ask why a line of communication for such critical matter is restricted to one specific staff in the organisation...

We just dodged a bullet...if we don't change...next time, we won't be this lucky... :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
Oga, it is Naija for you o.

Najarian parastatals even allow outside entities to register their domain name. And when the contract is up the site will go down.

Why should such a correspondence go to a private email account?

SMDH.

Ps. For record keeping sake. I guess since it is a forfeit it doesn’t count as a cap?
Except that the NFF prides itself that it is NOT a govt parastatal...
And anyway if it is found to be one, FIFA will punish Nigeria with a ban.

FATHER TIKO: it is an absolutely horrendous idea to have official correspondence (non-classified or otherwise) accessible to ALL staff of an organization.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cally wrote:
pajimoh wrote:This is the problem with bureaucratic organization that is not I.T smart. Someone goes on holiday or sick and their workload or Email is not redirected or "Out of Office" notification put in place. I cannot fault the office that is sick but I fault the setup that did not put proper proto old in place to make sure his work continues. If that email had been redirected to someone else, this would have been picked up.
Your point here is very valid. Some little I.T. compliance steps can save us a lot of trouble. Just simply using an 'Out of Office' notification can go a long way.

The officer has to actually turn his OOO notification (standard on Outlook) on...
Except he had a heart attack or similar medical emergency and was ambulanced to the hospital.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

Shouldn’t it be a situation of multiple individuals having access to such a sensitive email address?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Gotti wrote:
Cally wrote:

The officer has to actually turn his OOO notification (standard on Outlook) on...
Except he had a heart attack or similar medical emergency and was ambulanced to the hospital.
It can be done by an IT staff or redirected. That's why they always advise decorum when using office email.
I'm in no way blaming the officer. In fact there's an element of risk when emails like this go to an individual. You're either expecting them to be at post all the time or be vigilant all the time. It should go to multiple people or and administrative email address that is actioned by more than one person
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eagles - Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Commi

Post by ANC »

eyan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Bloody egg head almost 4eck this one up. Can you imagine if we needed this result? Too busy trying to be a big man in caf than keep his own house in order. If 1naira say anything about this humpty dumpty again, I swear....:tic:

The player is culpable too.

kpom
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eagles - Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Commi

Post by pajimoh »

ANC wrote:
eyan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Bloody egg head almost 4eck this one up. Can you imagine if we needed this result? Too busy trying to be a big man in caf than keep his own house in order. If 1naira say anything about this humpty dumpty again, I swear....:tic:

The player is culpable too.

kpom
Really, from 2015? Anyone would think he only plays international football and he's suppose to keep a record of all the cards he gets. Players are not responsible for keeping such records.
gmoni1
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni1 »

niyi wrote:
gmoni1 wrote:Abdullahi Shehu knows that he was under suspension, he should have alerted the coach about it..
How do you know he knew?
If you are a player, you should know the number of yellow cards you got.. simple..
gmoni1
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni1 »

gmoni1 wrote:
niyi wrote:
gmoni1 wrote:Abdullahi Shehu knows that he was under suspension, he should have alerted the coach about it..
How do you know he knew?
If you are a player, you should know the number of yellow cards you got.. simple..
The card were given to him, not his shadow...these are the basic rudimentary of football..
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

This is why other the teams in a qualifying group should never stop trying to amass as many points as possible after one team has supposedly picked up the sole ticket. The green grass is only one of the many moving parts to a football match. Shocking o. Hope the team's confidence will remain intact. This makes anyone who was mad that Tyronne didn't get to play even madder.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

gmoni1 wrote:
gmoni1 wrote:
niyi wrote:
How do you know he knew?
The card were given to him, not his shadow...these are the basic rudimentary of football..
And you should keep it in mind from 2015 and know it will count in 2017 too?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

niyi wrote:
gmoni1 wrote:
gmoni1 wrote:
niyi wrote:
How do you know he knew?
Stop listening to people who talk by heart. FIFA notifies teams of card situation. There are people inside each club and national team setup that keep an eye on such thing. It is never down to the players.
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

pajimoh wrote:
niyi wrote:
gmoni1 wrote:
gmoni1 wrote:
niyi wrote:
How do you know he knew?
Stop listening to people who talk by heart. FIFA notifies teams of card situation. There are people inside each club and national team setup that keep an eye on such thing. It is never down to the players.
A pertinent question in this matter is: does a player also select himself?
How can players be held responsible for administrative and match report matters?
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Well, if it happened in 2015, then its possible to forget. @ the end of the day its NFF fault.
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

ANC wrote:Well, if it happened in 2015, then its possible to forget. @ the end of the day its NFF fault.
Abi o.. why doesn't FIFA add a part of the sanction/fines to the player concerned, to assert his culpability?
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

gmoni1 wrote:
gmoni1 wrote:
niyi wrote:
How do you know he knew?
gmoni1,

The player has no responsibility here. Note that the issue is NOT knowing how many yellow cards a player had. That is NOT THE ISSUE. The issue is knowing that two yellow cards in a competition leads to a suspension which is different from NFF's interpretation that in spite of two yellow cards that a suspension is not due because the cards occurred at two different rounds of the competition. It is that nuance that is the ISSUE.

In any case, the player may know how many yellow cards that he has but should he also know all the FIFA Regulations for the World Cup? Bros, no player anywhere is charged with reading or memorizing such regulations. That is an administrative task and someone is hired to know those rules and that person work in the NFF Office.

The NFF claims that they are aware of the cards, BTW. However, they ASSUMED that cards from the preliminary round does not carry over to the next round. Notice the word ASSUMED. That means they never read the regulation specific to the 2018 World Cup. Instead, they relied on some previous regulation when in fact there is a current regulation that they are responsible for knowing. Simply ridiculous excuse, if you ask me.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Why not keep a simple database on all activities, e.g injuries, cautions, location etc. A simple Google spreadsheet will be suffice and it is free. The OOO notification is a personal choice, some people might forget to turn it on, but record keeping is a MUST should be standard practice in any organisation. You check your records before making decision, the process and backup processes take precedent of decisions.

Honestly, I wished Nigeria was disqualified from the WC, this isn't the first time and it wouldn't be the last, the NFF are just not capable.