Ajagun scores for Kortrijk against the Gent boys

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ajagun scores for Kortrijk against the Gent boys

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:We need a playmaker oooooo. Who is better equipped for the role? Nwakali or Ajagun?

It is the missing piece of Rohr’s jigsaw. I just hope he is clear about how important this is.
Rohr’s System does not need a so called “playmakers”, his system is built on quick and efficient ball usage and distribution when attacking , particularly from the wings coupled with quick ball recovery and a compact mobile mf. The antiquated model you keep pushing is not going to work. Just give up on the idea like you have with udokhai and all the others you’ve mentioned in the past that turned out to be major busts.

You need to be aware that CE has a search function that still works.Your record is woeful :laugh:
I am glad I did not come across you when I was a hot headed youth. I would have abused you in such vulgar language CE would have to be shut down.

This ignorance makes the word illiterate a polite word. Rohr has used Mikel Obi as his playmaker since taking on the job. Only an ignoramus with an IQ of about 50 would have been blind to that stark reality!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:We need a playmaker oooooo. Who is better equipped for the role? Nwakali or Ajagun?

It is the missing piece of Rohr’s jigsaw. I just hope he is clear about how important this is.
Rohr’s System does not need a so called “playmakers”, his system is built on quick and efficient ball usage and distribution when attacking , particularly from the wings coupled with quick ball recovery and a compact mobile mf. The antiquated model you keep pushing is not going to work. Just give up on the idea like you have with udokhai and all the others you’ve mentioned in the past that turned out to be major busts.

You need to be aware that CE has a search function that still works.Your record is woeful :laugh:
I am glad I did not come across you when I was a hot headed youth. I would have abused you in such vulgar language CE would have to be shut down.

This ignorance makes the word illiterate a polite word. Rohr has used Mikel Obi as his playmaker since taking on the job. Only an ignoramus with an IQ of about 50 would have been blind to that stark reality!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I had almost forgotten how brutal Ayo can be. :D
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:If both Ajagun and Nwakali make the squad, Iwobi will have to go to Russia as a wide man. I just hope Rohr keeps an open mind.
I'd rather take Joel, Ajagun is not really a polished player.
Joel is a defensive player not a creative playmaker. I would play Joel as my leftback.
Nah he plays AM/LAM mostly for Torino, Ive watched games where he barely helps defensively. He's just simply a higher class higher IQ player than the scrappy Ajagun.

By the way, this is the target man you have been looking for:

[/video]
Bartholomew Ogbeche is about 40 years old so no thanks. I know his true age as he went to FGC Okigwe with some of my friends.

As per Joel, he always played as anchormen for the Eagles. At Inter, he sometimes played leftback, which is where I would play him in Russia. You know why:

(1) He has a sweet left foot
(2) He can defend
(3) He gets forward
(4) He has an awareness and intelligence
(5) He has a good engine on him
(6) With Mikel and Ndidi we are sorted in central midfield
(7) Onazi and Etebo offer enough back-up
(8) No one else can play leftback as well as Joel
(9) Brian Idowu would be a great understudy on the bench. However, bear in mind he is right footed
(10) Ola Aina would be on my standby list
He played once maybe twice at LB when Nagatomo was injured, but it's been a while since then.
[1] You are right but he played the position well
[2] I have no fears about him playing leftback for the Eagles
[3] Just as Victor Moses plays as a wingback for Chelsea and a wide forward for Nigeria
[4] Likewise Leroy Mane plays as a wingback for Germany and a wide forward for Man City
[5] Given the amount of tracking back wide forwards are expected to do these days, there is not really much difference in the two positions
[6] From what I can see, no one else has the ability to play leftback like Joel Obi as no one has his sweet left foot
[7] Brian Idowu is the only other person i would consider but he is naturally right footed
[9] Idowu is great getting forward but if we are chasing a goal and the ball goes out wide to him, requiring a quality left footed cross into the area to pick put a team mate, can he deliver that kind of ball?
[10] From what I can see, Joel is the only one who can deliver the full package - Defending, getting up and down the flanks, crossing, intricate play, sweet left foot, etc. I am yet to see anyone else who even comes close