Ajagun scores for Kortrijk against the Gent boys

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ajagun scores for Kortrijk against the Gent boys

Post by danfo driver »

icee wrote:Folks - I did a short piece on Ajagun last season. I'm not an Agent, and this was before the world cup. Ajagun was playing in the Netherlands last season (on Loan). He just moved to Belgium this season. THree different clubs over the past three years (one was on loan from the original club). He has broken consistently into the first team in the AM role and played consistently last three seasons. I posted the number of minutes played in my piece on him, assists and goals. Very consistent record. His club record also reflected his production for Nigeria in his U20 days. I marvel that we're still asking who should / can fill Mikel's role if Mikel needs to subbed. The guys Ajagun is right under our nose. Please watch him. He has everything - can play in speed transition, a good eye for goal, set pieces, great passer very intelligent and good technique.
dont worry bro, Ajagun should keep up the good work. he will get his chance in september 2018!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

icee wrote:Folks - I did a short piece on Ajagun last season. I'm not an Agent, and this was before the world cup. Ajagun was playing in the Netherlands last season (on Loan). He just moved to Belgium this season. THree different clubs over the past three years (one was on loan from the original club). He has broken consistently into the first team in the AM role and played consistently last three seasons. I posted the number of minutes played in my piece on him, assists and goals. Very consistent record. His club record also reflected his production for Nigeria in his U20 days. I marvel that we're still asking who should / can fill Mikel's role if Mikel needs to subbed. The guys Ajagun is right under our nose. Please watch him. He has everything - can play in speed transition, a good eye for goal, set pieces, great passer very intelligent and good technique.
(1) We need Mikel playing deep alongside Ndidi in front of the back four
(2) We need Ajagun/Nwakali as a playmaker in addition to Mikel
(3) Mikel offers us security with his calming influence at the back
(4) Against Argentina did you see the way Mikel was dropping back to receive ball from the goalkeeper?
(5) Mikel reminded me of Muda Lawal. He was always dropping back to receive the first pass from a goal kick
(6) Besides, Mikel no longer has the legs and stamina for the playmaker role
(7) During the qualifiers, Mikel was not lasting 90 minutes because we were taxing him by making him play the playmaker role
(8) If we want to preserve Mikel for the whole game, we need him playing from deep with someone else playmaking
(9) Rohr should try out both Ajagun and Nwakali in March so we can see both of them in action
(10) A midfield of Mikel, Ndidi and Nwakali/Ajagun will not be overwhelmed by anyone. It will easy subdue the Modric/Rakatic combination for instance
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

If y’all agent likes let you hype ajagun from now to World Cup, his not going to World Cup at the expense of the ones that qualified like Mikel, ndidi, Onazi, Etebo and ogu. After World Cup, your clients can be considered
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

john12 wrote:If y’all agent likes let you hype ajagun from now to World Cup, his not going to World Cup at the expense of the ones that qualified like Mikel, ndidi, Onazi, Etebo and ogu. After World Cup, your clients can be considered
I'm almost certain you've not watched him at all.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

To be honest IDGAF. However, his not going to World Cup at the expense of the people that qualified and are better midfilders. Enough is enough for you agents, clients, intermediary etc. you guys cannot keep doing the same thing every 4 years. After World Cup if ajagun is good he would be considered
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The likes of Mikel Obi, etebo, Onazi, ndidi, Ogu has all earned their World Cup spot. The last remaining position will be contested by the likes of Joel, Mikel agu, Nwakali or whoever rohr deem fit to contest that position. I don’t see who ajagun will replace
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:We need a playmaker oooooo. Who is better equipped for the role? Nwakali or Ajagun?

It is the missing piece of Rohr’s jigsaw. I just hope he is clear about how important this is.
Rohr’s System does not need a so called “playmakers”, his system is built on quick and efficient ball usage and distribution when attacking , particularly from the wings coupled with quick ball recovery and a compact mobile mf. The antiquated model you keep pushing is not going to work. Just give up on the idea like you have with udokhai and all the others you’ve mentioned in the past that turned out to be major busts.

You need to be aware that CE has a search function that still works.Your record is woeful :laugh:
I am glad I did not come across you when I was a hot headed youth. I would have abused you in such vulgar language CE would have to be shut down.

...mod. Danfo driver need to spare Emir Kongi...please warn him because is adding insult upon injury inflicted on Emir's from the mouth of Ayo... :lol: :lol: :lol:

This ignorance makes the word illiterate a polite word. Rohr has used Mikel Obi as his playmaker since taking on the job. Only an ignoramus with an IQ of about 50 would have been blind to that stark reality!
What is the IQ of someone that posts and kind of rubbish you do everyday? Especially, an elderly person. Abeg, go siddon and study your iq exam.

You know too little for my liking. I am allergic to never-do-wells. I have spent my whole life fighting with people like you who have nothing to add to society or advance the cause of humanity.

Are you really that lacking in comprehension to notice that Rohr has been fielding Mikel as his playmaker? Any 10 year old football fan will tell you that we need Mikel futher back at the World Cup because of the security he provides. We thus need a new playmaker to fill his role. Now, this is not rocket science is it?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:We need a playmaker oooooo. Who is better equipped for the role? Nwakali or Ajagun?

It is the missing piece of Rohr’s jigsaw. I just hope he is clear about how important this is.
Rohr’s System does not need a so called “playmakers”, his system is built on quick and efficient ball usage and distribution when attacking , particularly from the wings coupled with quick ball recovery and a compact mobile mf. The antiquated model you keep pushing is not going to work. Just give up on the idea like you have with udokhai and all the others you’ve mentioned in the past that turned out to be major busts.

You need to be aware that CE has a search function that still works.Your record is woeful :laugh:
I am glad I did not come across you when I was a hot headed youth. I would have abused you in such vulgar language CE would have to be shut down.

This ignorance makes the word illiterate a polite word. Rohr has used Mikel Obi as his playmaker since taking on the job. Only an ignoramus with an IQ of about 50 would have been blind to that stark reality!
What is the IQ of someone that posts and kind of rubbish you do everyday? Especially, an elderly person. Abeg, go siddon and study your iq exam.

You know too little for my liking. I am allergic to never-do-wells. I have spent my whole life fighting with people like you who have nothing to add to society or advance the cause of humanity.

Are you really that lacking in comprehension to notice that Rohr has been fielding Mikel as his playmaker? Any 10 year old football fan will tell you that we need Mikel futher back at the World Cup because of the security he provides. We thus need a new playmaker to fill his role. Now, this is not rocket science is it?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
...mod. Danfo driver need to spare Emir Kongi...please warn him because is adding insult upon injury inflicted on Emir from the mouth of Ayo... :lol: :lol: :lol:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I look forward to watching a Youtube video of this match to see how Ajagun played. I am not too interested in his goal but how he brought his team mates into play. Spraying the ball arond in midfield is vital for success at the highest level.

Neymar, Eriksen, Modric, Ozil, etc all do it brilliantly. Both Ajagun and Nwakali came from the U17 team and I hope they come good.

In the past, the likes of Lukman Haruna and Rabiu Ali who came through this route faded into obscurity. With a population of 180m Nigeria should never be short of a playmaker!

So after all this yammering you haven't even seen Ajagun play?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

mystic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I look forward to watching a Youtube video of this match to see how Ajagun played. I am not too interested in his goal but how he brought his team mates into play. Spraying the ball arond in midfield is vital for success at the highest level.

Neymar, Eriksen, Modric, Ozil, etc all do it brilliantly. Both Ajagun and Nwakali came from the U17 team and I hope they come good.

In the past, the likes of Lukman Haruna and Rabiu Ali who came through this route faded into obscurity. With a population of 180m Nigeria should never be short of a playmaker!

He hasn't seen Nwakali play either. If you stood Nwakali next to Ajagun he wouldn't know which is which.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The YeyeMan wrote:
mystic wrote:

He hasn't seen Nwakali play either. If you stood Nwakali next to Ajagun he wouldn't know which is which.
(1) I wonder how I could be their agent if I did not even recognise them
(2) As you can see, some of you are just enemies of progress hellbent on destroying things you do not understand
(3) Why is the concept of having a playmaker beyond the intellectual capacity of so many of you
(4) I am really having doubts about the future of the human race as I try to calculate the combined IQ of yourself, Emir Kongi, Mystic, John12, etc
(5) Even if the four of you have a combined IQ of 80, understanding the concept of a playmaker should be within your grasp
(6) Is it not sub-human imbecility for someone to come here and suggest that we are taking lesser players to the World Cup because they played during the qualifiers?
(7) When you have people of such limited know-how among our ranks, is it any surprise that the onyibo man thinks we Africans are not another ape who still lives on tree tops?
(8) It does not speak well of CE to have such never-do-wells in its ranks. It is easy to tell those who were always last in class. All they did was disturb the teacher when he or she tried to teach. CE needs to find a way to limit the number of such people on this forum
(9) Every of the other 31 nations going to Russia 2018 will take the search for a good targetman and playmaker seriously but alas, some numbskulls, nincompoops, intellectual liabilities and low-IQ dunderheads come here to say they are not needed. This takes stupidity to levels way below homo sapient standards
(10) When I see the fuss England are making over Jack Wilshire and Ruben Loftus-Cheek, I have to ask if these people are deaf, dumb and blind or just downright mentally retarded. What really gets my back up is their refusal to accept their intellectual limitations when provided with free education. Rather than hold their hands up they start casting silly aspersions

Phew!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote:

Here is something for Ayo to feast on:

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:

[/video]
Hmm.. are you sure you are not violating the exclusivity clause in your contract with Enyeama? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Great play from Ajagun. Now see Nwakali strutting his stuff too:

One of them simply has to be in our starting line-up. Rohr just needs to find out which of the two is better at the moment.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:

[/video]
Hmm.. are you sure you are not violating the exclusivity clause in your contract with Enyeama? :D
Ol boy his check bounced this month, no more loyalty abeg, I got xmas presents to get :taunt: :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Apart from Nwakali and Ajagun, the only other option I can think of for now is Ovie Ejaria. Is he wiling to make the switch though:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
mystic wrote:

[/video]
Ol boy his check bounced this month, no more loyalty abeg, I got xmas presents to get :taunt: :mrgreen:

[/video]
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If both Ajagun and Nwakali make the squad, Iwobi will have to go to Russia as a wide man. I just hope Rohr keeps an open mind.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:If both Ajagun and Nwakali make the squad, Iwobi will have to go to Russia as a wide man. I just hope Rohr keeps an open mind.
I'd rather take Joel, Ajagun is not really a polished player.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:If both Ajagun and Nwakali make the squad, Iwobi will have to go to Russia as a wide man. I just hope Rohr keeps an open mind.
Joel is a defensive player not a creative playmaker. I would play Joel as my leftback.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Joel is a defensive player not a creative playmaker. I would play Joel as my leftback.
Nah he plays AM/LAM mostly for Torino, Ive watched games where he barely helps defensively. He's just simply a higher class higher IQ player than the scrappy Ajagun.

By the way, this is the target man you have been looking for:

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Nah he plays AM/LAM mostly for Torino, Ive watched games where he barely helps defensively. He's just simply a higher class higher IQ player than the scrappy Ajagun.

[/video]
Bartholomew Ogbeche is about 40 years old so no thanks. I know his true age as he went to FGC Okigwe with some of my friends.

As per Joel, he always played as anchormen for the Eagles. At Inter, he sometimes played leftback, which is where I would play him in Russia. You know why:

(1) He has a sweet left foot
(2) He can defend
(3) He gets forward
(4) He has an awareness and intelligence
(5) He has a good engine on him
(6) With Mikel and Ndidi we are sorted in central midfield
(7) Onazi and Etebo offer enough back-up
(8) No one else can play leftback as well as Joel
(9) Brian Idowu would be a great understudy on the bench. However, bear in mind he is right footed
(10) Ola Aina would be on my standby list
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

[/video]
Bartholomew Ogbeche is about 40 years old so no thanks. I know his true age as he went to FGC Okigwe with some of my friends.

As per Joel, he always played as anchormen for the Eagles. At Inter, he sometimes played leftback, which is where I would play him in Russia. You know why:

(1) He has a sweet left foot
(2) He can defend
(3) He gets forward
(4) He has an awareness and intelligence
(5) He has a good engine on him
(6) With Mikel and Ndidi we are sorted in central midfield
(7) Onazi and Etebo offer enough back-up
(8) No one else can play leftback as well as Joel
(9) Brian Idowu would be a great understudy on the bench. However, bear in mind he is right footed
(10) Ola Aina would be on my standby list
He played once maybe twice at LB when Nagatomo was injured, but it's been a while since then.
Super Eagus 4 Life!