Lesson from Sanga Balende

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Lesson from Sanga Balende

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
Re: Lesson from Sanga Balende

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Great!
Only draw-back is the synthetic pitch...
Sub-Sahara Africa should really invest in grounds mgt...Congo DPR has minimum 6 months rainy season; enough to sustain a decent natural turf...

For a start, consult SAfrica (on grounds mgt) which is a mere 2hrs flight away...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

FATHER TIKO wrote:Great!
Sub-Sahara Africa should really invest in grounds mgt...Congo DPR has minimum 6 months rainy season; enough to sustain a decent natural turf...

For a start, consult SAfrica (on grounds mgt) which is a mere 2hrs flight away...
Why South Africa?

The gown must meet town and our academics must start to have an impact in industry and life.

How many Universities of Agriculture do we have again? I tried to contact the NUC to jumpstart a database for bankable research from Nigerian Universities (actually got to the point of meeting the Executive Secretary), but they did not seem too keen.

I came across an expansive and lush grass-field (it was also tough grass) while on a compass match many decades ago in Jos. Even then, I kept thinking, 'we can use this for some stadia'. I know the weather in Jos is not typical, but that is where the Agric/Botany Eggheads should make their impact felt.
Last edited by truetalk on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

truetalk wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:Great!

Why South Africa?

The gown must meet town and our academics must start to have an impact in industry and life.

How many Universities of Agriculture do we have again? I tried to contact the NUC to jumpstart a database for bankable research from Nigerian Universities (actually got to the point of meeting the Executive Secretary), but they did not seem too keen.

I came across an expansive and lush grass-field (it was also tough grass) whole on a compass match many decades ago in Jos. Even then, I kept thinking, 'we can use this for some stadia'. I know the weather in Jos is not typical, but that is where the Agric/Botany Eggheads should make their impact felt.
Bros, I was referring to the Congolese club who are building the stadium...no excuses for adopting artificial pitch; they could consult groundsmen at nearby SAfrica about maintenance of decent natural pitches...

In the case of Nigeria, we know our problem as regards grounds mgt; but just don't want to address them...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly