Nigeria is weak - I think

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria is weak - I think

Post by General Trousers »

If we lose any of the following players to injury on the eve of the World Cup, WHO will replace them? Discuss!

1. John Obi Mikel
2. Kelechi Iheanacho
3. Troost Ekong
4. Our Main Goalkeeper (do we have one)

<
Obiagu
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria is weak - I think

Post by Obiagu »

Make me!!
supereagles all the way
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

General Trousers wrote:If we lose any of the following players to injury on the eve of the World Cup, WHO will replace them? Discuss!

1. John Obi Mikel
2. Kelechi Iheanacho
3. Troost Ekong

<
1. John Obi Mikel - Yes. No direct or close substitutes. His influence on the team has grown since the Olympics. A starting midfield trip of Ndidi/Onazi/Ogu will still hold its own on the global stage, but not having Mikel will be a huge drop off.

2. Kelechi Iheanacho - Not really. God forbid, but if Nacho is unavailable for any reason, I think Cyril Dessers and Dennis Bonaventure (both not yet capped) can come in and and adequately fill that need. Henry Onyekuru is also a close substitute (capable of getting goals but not contributing much elsewhere).

3. Troost Ekong - Fa, Fa, Fa, Foul. - Ekong has really improved in the art of defending for the Eagles over the last 2 years, but we are not lacking in this regard. Awaziem, Balogun, Omeruo, and the yet to be capped.approached Fikayo Tomori are good options that can step in with no dropoff in quality.

4. Our Main Goalkeeper (do we have one) - Puzzling, but we will be alright if we make the right moves - Thank God for 2 appearances in La Liga, otherwise Uzoho would not be on the SE radar, despite Mr. Truetalk shouting on this forum for close to a year. We have another young GK who has started for 2 seasons in Europe and was recalled to the Croatian Champions this year. Nwolokor and Uzoho deserves Eagles callup much more than Alampasu based on any sane metric.

On the domestic scene, Femi Thomas has been the leading keeper in the NPFL over the last decade and pips Ezenwa in a Head to Head comparison.

Throw Ezenwa, Uzoho, Nwolokor, Thomas in camp and select the best 2 or 3 based on Ikeme's availability. If the coaches want, Vince can be added to the mix (I think his involvement will be a net negative & I'm not sure he will be part of the top 3 based on current form).

I don't think Alampasu, Ajiboye and Akpeyi are SE level keepers. I have not seen Okoye, save for a youtube clip of a youth game. It is tough for me to think he is better than Ezenwa, Thomas, Nwolokor or Uzoho, but you never know.
Last edited by truetalk on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

General,
I apologize in advance but It has been argued by the CE internet football professor that Ajagun is the cure to all our problems, the fact that you think we’re weak without 4 key members is probably because your IQ is below average. Mikel is too slow and the goalie, troost and nacho do not have play making degrees from Rinus Michel YouTube university. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Nigeria is "young!"

We don't expect anytin' from their team, well, if they actually qualify.
Looks like their qualification might be in question....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Kabalenga do yourself a favor and stop peddling fake news before you get banned......again.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

truetalk wrote:
General Trousers wrote:If we lose any of the following players to injury on the eve of the World Cup, WHO will replace them? Discuss!

1. John Obi Mikel
2. Kelechi Iheanacho
3. Troost Ekong

<
1. John Obi Mikel - Yes. No direct or close substitutes. His influence on the team has grown since the Olympics. A starting midfield trip of Ndidi/Onazi/Ogu will still hold its own on the global stage, but not having Mikel will be a huge drop off.

2. Kelechi Iheanacho - Not really. God forbid, but if Nacho is unavailable for any reason, I think Cyril Dessers and Dennis Bonaventure (both not yet capped) can come in and and adequately fill that need. Henry Onyekuru is also a close substitute (capable of getting goals but not contributing much elsewhere).

3. Troost Ekong - Fa, Fa, Fa, Foul. - Ekong has really improved in the art of defending for the Eagles over the last 2 years, but we are not lacking in this regard. Awaziem, Balogun, Omeruo, and the yet to be capped.approached Fikayo Tomori are good options that can step in with no dropoff in quality.

4. Our Main Goalkeeper (do we have one) - Puzzling, but we will be alright if we make the right moves - Thank God for 2 appearances in La Liga, otherwise Uzoho would not be on the SE radar, despite Mr. Truetalk shouting on this forum for close to a year. We have another young GK who has started for 2 seasons in Europe and was recalled to the Croatian Champions this year. Nwolokor and Uzoho deserves Eagles callup much more than Alampasu based on any sane metric.

On the domestic scene, Femi Thomas has been the leading keeper in the NPFL over the last decade and pips Ezenwa in a Head to Head comparison.

Throw Ezenwa, Uzoho, Nwolokor, Thomas in camp and select the best 2 or 3 based on Ikeme's availability. If the coaches want, Vince can be added to the mix (I think his involvement will be a net negative & I'm not sure he will be part of the top 3 based on current form).

I don't think Alampasu, Ajiboye and Akpeyi are SE level keepers. I have not seen Okoye, save for a youtube clip of a youth game. It is tough for me to think he is better than Ezenwa, Thomas, Nwolokor or Uzoho, but you never know.
Chief Truetalk; thank you! Coach Rohr, are you and your crew reading this? Please do something about these our keepers and select your best three from there
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

truetalk wrote:

1. John Obi Mikel
2. Kelechi Iheanacho
3. Troost Ekong

<

Agent Truetalk... you too dey talk better (truth).
God bless you! :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

You people threw words to the right and to the left, put una troway words on the road when I dey walka - We no get replacement for some of these boys. If one of dem injure, we go carry raw, local, potentially unpolished player to replace am. That is my concern. If we play Argentina with no Mikel, nah who go enter? They will bamboozle us!

<
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

General Trousers wrote:You people threw words to the right and to the left, put una troway words on the road when I dey walka - We no get replacement for some of these boys. If one of dem injure, we go carry raw, local, potentially unpolished player to replace am. That is my concern. If we play Argentina with no Mikel, nah who go enter? They will bamboozle us!

<
truetalk answered your questioned very well GT. E get anoda ansa you dey expect?

If Mikel goes down, sure it'll be tough. If Messi goes down, Argentina is in trouble. If Neymar goes down, Brazil dey soup. If Pogba goes down, France is not the same unit. If, if, if.....you get the point.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”