Agents at Work; Klinsmann on Fanendo Adi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Agents at Work; Klinsmann on Fanendo Adi

Post by niyi »

Former USA coach and Germany World Cup star, Jurgen Klinsmann, has told Nigerian coach, Gernot Rohr, to look the way of Major League Soccer club, Portland Timbers striker, Fanendo Adi ahead of the 2018 World Cup.

The coach of the USA national team, Klinsmann had courted Adi to swap nationality and play for the America.

He had then developed interest in Adi’s ability to play the box and wide attacking roles conveniently, but the Nigerian rebuffed the move.

Klinsmann, a former Germany captain, was said to have called Rohr to brief him of the abilities of the Nigerian striker.

He said Adi has the qualities that are rare in modern strikers and could be of immense importance to the Nigerian attacking style.

He was quoted to have told German news outlet, “This guy is a great guy with absolute ability to combine the box and wide striking roles effectively with a huge area strength.

“I was talking to him about switching over to USA but it seems he had much hopes and respect for his homeland, maybe if I had stayed back with the American national team he would have changed his decision but I really want to believe that Gernot will be excited with this young man.”

Klinsmann is on the verge of landing the Australia national team job after completing his interview with Australia FA on Monday.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/12/2019-wor ... er-eagles/
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg
Re: Agents at Work; Klinsmann on Fanendo Adi

Post by Oguleftie »

Regardless.
Well said.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

27 years old, 193 cm? An average of 1 goal per two games?

I say why not! He may be exactly the striker Rohr is looking for. If Ighalo and Martins get a look, why not Adi?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

It seems like some fans don't get it. With the number of players being touted it appears the suggestion is to totally overhaul the team 6months before the World Cup. while the rest of the teams that qualified will be fine tuning their squads focusing on formations ,tactics and preparing for the now known opposition. And just for the record I don't believe Kinsman called Rohlr sounds like bullsh@@t
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

In as much as I agree that agents are at work, he is actually a good option to be considered. It is obvious Rohr is looking for a target man and he is different from all the strikers we have at the moment.
yes o
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Flex Swift wrote:It seems like some fans don't get it. With the number of players being touted it appears the suggestion is to totally overhaul the team 6months before the World Cup. while the rest of the teams that qualified will be fine tuning their squads focusing on formations ,tactics and preparing for the now known opposition. And just for the record I don't believe Kinsman called Rohlr sounds like bullsh@@t
It is bull-igbe. Why would Klins go out of his way to involve himself with naija matters?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Agents at work for real.

Although I am a fan of Adi whom I think is a better straight up CF than Ighalo based on his conversion rate I don’t think Rohr will invite him.

He has the size and can play as a solitary CF but Rohr should go with the tried and tested Ighalo.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cellular wrote:Agents at work for real.

Although I am a fan of Adi whom I think is a better straight up CF than Ighalo based on his conversion rate I don’t think Rohr will invite him.

He has the size and can play as a solitary CF but Rohr should go with the tried and tested Ighalo.
Where is the agency in this matter? A long term forumer like you should know better than to make such irresponsible and riotous claims. You should be a voice of reason when the youngsters around you are exhibiting youthful exuberance.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that he drops Ighalo but with Iheanacho not getting any playing time at Leicester it will be advisable for Rohr to evaluate at alternatives.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

I've been thinking Aid would be a good option for a while now and I think he would be a better striker option than Nwakeme. MLS isn't worse than the Belgian, Israeli league or China. I say we bring him in and actually play him this time.

It may be agents at work but I think he would be a real striker option. He can hold up the ball, score with his head etc. Things we lack with our current strikers.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Where is the agency in this matter? A long term forumer like you should know better than to make such irresponsible and riotous claims. You should be a voice of reason when the youngsters around you are exhibiting youthful exuberance.
Ayo, the whole piece reads like a sponsored article.

And this is coming from a fan of Adi.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo, the whole piece reads like a sponsored article.

And this is coming from a fan of Adi.
People develop a passion for a player and like him. There is nothing unusual about that.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"Agents at work, agents@work" :roll:

Agents may well be at work here but does no one have the right to an alternative opinion without being an agent?

This is the kind of simplistic reasoning that we occupy ourselves accusing our politicians of displaying.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I am just wondering ......... if Adi is so good why is he still playing in the MLS? I looked up his scoring record in his current league and it is not impressive. Something tells me this another case of who ever hasn’t played for Nigeria is deemed better than the player or players in place.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Damunk wrote:"Agents at work, agents@work" :roll:

Agents may well be at work here but does no one have the right to an alternative opinion without being an agent?

This is the kind of simplistic reasoning that we occupy ourselves accusing our politicians of displaying.
Have you ever seen me using that phrase before? I am saying it here because Agents are truly at work as far as this piece is concerned.

These are the quotes from the supposed German outlet:

“This guy is a great guy with absolute ability to combine the box and wide striking roles effectively with a huge area strength.

“I was talking to him about switching over to USA but it seems he had much hopes and respect for his homeland, maybe if I had stayed back with the American national team he would have changed his decision but I really want to believe that Gernot will be excited with this young man.”

Now search everywhere on the web and see if you find it anywhere else. Then ask why the German outlet wasn't named or why only Nigerian sources have this quote by Klinsmann.

It's naive to think the news cycle with regards to footballers isn't mostly controlled by agents and public relations people. I don't think there's anything wrong with that as long as readers learn to discern planted news from a journalist's opinion from facts.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

niyi wrote:

Have you ever seen me using that phrase before? I am saying it here because Agents are truly at work as far as this piece is concerned.

“This guy is a great guy with absolute ability to combine the box and wide striking roles effectively with a huge area strength.

Now search everywhere on the web and see if you find it anywhere else. Then ask why the German outlet wasn't named or why only Nigerian sources have this quote by Klinsmann.

It's naive to think the news cycle with regards to footballers isn't mostly controlled by agents and public relations people. I don't think there's anything wrong with that as long as readers learn to discern planted news from a journalist's opinion from facts.
Niyi, dont take it personally.
My quote is triggered by the fact that every suggested new player is said to be using an agent to get him a place on the plane to Russia.
Nor be only you dey use the term, but its so common now its like nobody that didn't play in the qualifiers has a right to aspire to making the team.
Even Enyeama's case is said to be championed by.... 'agents at work'. :D :D :D
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:

Niyi, dont take it personally.
My quote is triggered by the fact that every suggested new player is said to be using an agent to get him a place on the plane to Russia.
Nor be only you dey use the term, but its so common now its like nobody that didn't play in the qualifiers has a right to aspire to making the team.
Even Enyeama's case is said to be championed by.... 'agents at work'. :D :D :D
Of course there's a fine balance between being too paranoid and too naive.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Doc, the article is a planted fabricated PR puff piece.

If you no fit see am I will have to come to Rondon and drag you back to Naija to reprogram you.

Again, this is from a fan of Adi and a fan of MLS... which is league I think is way better than the Chinese league where some of our stars play in.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

papilo wrote:In as much as I agree that agents are at work, he is actually a good option to be considered. It is obvious Rohr is looking for a target man and he is different from all the strikers we have at the moment.
Before recommending any player go do some research yourself because people lie. Ask yourself if he was so good why hasn't he moved to a better league? Even Martins out performed the MLS and secured a big money move to China.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

My man, just quit gasbagging...........................'Agents at work' is reeking and oozing out of this poor writeup :twisted:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

zee wrote:

My man, just quit gasbagging...........................'Agents at work' is reeking and oozing out of this poor writeup :twisted:
You should know, being a double agent for Trump and Putin. :taunt:
Edu
Egg
Egg

Post by Edu »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Why the sensitivity with the word "Agent".