What Leicester fans think of Ndidi after yesterday

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Re: What Leicester fans think of Ndidi after yesterday

Post by imehjunior »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
smartbrother wrote:Mikel-AM
Ndidi- box to box
Azubuike - holding/defensive midfield
And we’d be unstoppable in Russia

Azubuike will not be in our top 40, Ndidi will not start, Mikel will not playmake. It midfield will be more like Ndidi and Mikel with either Ajagun or Nwakali as our playmaker. Now that is unstoppable!
Uncle Ayo when last did you watch Nwankali play?
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

imehjunior wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ndidi- box to box

Azubuike will not be in our top 40, Ndidi will not start, Mikel will not playmake. It midfield will be more like Ndidi and Mikel with either Ajagun or Nwakali as our playmaker. Now that is unstoppable!
Red herring
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ndidi- box to box

Red herring
How exactly is that question red herring? It is a very relevant question. Knowing what we know on this forum it is important to clarify this :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ndidi- box to box

Red herring
How exactly is that question red herring? It is a very relevant question. Knowing what we know on this forum it is important to clarify this :D
Can you explain that last line of yours a bit further? Knowing what exactly? :sneaky:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Indeed we have fans who are passionate about SE. Those fans don't surface after qualification. They are around all the time.

We also have licensed football agents on this site. It is not a CRIME to be an agent. It is however necessary to have a disclosure because of conflict of interest. MisterDolly is (was) a football agent. He made a disclosure.

There are however other pseudo agents trying to pretend as fans. There was the 'handshake' experience during Onigbinde era including the plan to use CE as a platform for some of the 'deals'.

We also have another instance during the Berti 'Stash' when supposed 'fans' were doing deals that led to katakata. No be Emeka be Berti Vogts 'eye' then???

When same people start the same nonsense again, we need to let them know that we are watching.

It takes more than 'passion' to run commentary on a match one never watched. It takes more than passion to recommend players you never 'see' play to the National Team.

We are hustlers and we know it!
Damunk wrote:
john12 wrote:No, damunk I am speaking based on anecdotal past experiences and super eagles trajectory at the World Cup. Anytime we qualify for World Cup, there are always people that suggest we widraw the players that qualified us for World Cup for their favorite.
Well Mr John, you just have to accept that there are millions of passionate SE fans who in their own opinions are simply pushing for the best the team can be by advocating for new players. The higher the stakes (the WC), the greater the passion and the louder and more frequent the calls. Its normal.
That is why they are fans.

Their opinions are subjective and often seem illogical - just like yours. The same seeming illogicality that comes with politics or religion applies to football too.
You cant just accuse everyone of being an agent simply because their choices differ from yours and baffle you. That is what is disrespectful.
Personally, I woudn't know where to start as a football agent, but I definitely have my views on some players. So to call me and millions like me agents is completely absurd.

To me, I t’s quite disrespectful, annoying and arrogant to advocate for newer players even if they’re unsuitable or inexperienced.
Newer player? At some point every player is a 'newer' player. New players do not only appear during off-peak periods or during qualification stages. They can appear at any time and from anywhere. "If they are unsuitable or inexperienced" is a straw man and more importantly a very subjective view. Unsuitable according to who? You?
'Experience' is a more objective quality but even then, it is not everything.
I am one of those that warn against discounting inexperience - but I would always want a balance with talent. Some seriously talented individuals might need less experience to shine while some less talented players use their experience to supplement their game. So it works both ways.
Again you cannot use your own subjective opinion as the benchmark and then go ahead and accuse others of being agents. Sorry.
Why didn’t you guys suggest all this mysterious players during wcq? Why do you guys only suggest players when we have qualified?
Says who? Just say you are only just noticing the calls for all these 'mysterious' players.
And who are these mysteries anyway? Please name them and let us check their histories on CE. Most are young players and therefore just coming into their own. Uzoho and Onyekuru might not have benefitted from the exposure of the headline-generating Iheanacho and Iwobi, but everyone's path is different.

I am sure if you go thru the threads over the quali games (and even before) you will find these names being touted. If you are only seeing them now then you are seeing only what you want to see to buttress your deep suspicions and preconceptions that 'agents are at work'. :D
The annoying fact is that the suggested players aren’t even exceptional nor better than available ones. My own is that the time of “Monkey Dey work baboon Dey chip is over” after World Cup, your players can be given a chance to fight for a shirt
The comparison between those already invited and those being suggested is purely subjective. Until Ebuehi stepped on the grass v Argentina, very few thought he was up to it. Thankfully, the only subjective opinion that matters is Rohr's

Your other point about 'monkey dey work baboon dey chop' is pure sentiment.
Nobody is owed a seat on the plane to the WC no matter how hard they have worked. If a better Nigerian player comes along tomorrow and fits into the team, he is in.
That's the Rule of Law in football. If you are second best, you drop out.

Now, if you continue pushing such sentimental arguments we will have no choice but to conclude you are indeed an agent. :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

wanaj0 wrote:Indeed we have fans who are passionate about SE. Those fans don't surface after qualification. They are around all the time.

We also have licensed football agents on this site. It is not a CRIME to be an agent. It is however necessary to have a disclosure because of conflict of interest. MisterDolly is (was) a football agent. He made a disclosure.

There are however other pseudo agents trying to pretend as fans. There was the 'handshake' experience during Onigbinde era including the plan to use CE as a platform for some of the 'deals'.

We also have another instance during the Berti 'Stash' when supposed 'fans' were doing deals that led to katakata. No be Emeka be Berti Vogts 'eye' then???

When same people start the same nonsense again, we need to let them know that we are watching.

It takes more than 'passion' to run commentary on a match one never watched. It takes more than passion to recommend players you never 'see' play to the National Team.

Damunk wrote:
john12 wrote:No, damunk I am speaking based on anecdotal past experiences and super eagles trajectory at the World Cup. Anytime we qualify for World Cup, there are always people that suggest we widraw the players that qualified us for World Cup for their favorite.
Well Mr John, you just have to accept that there are millions of passionate SE fans who in their own opinions are simply pushing for the best the team can be by advocating for new players. The higher the stakes (the WC), the greater the passion and the louder and more frequent the calls. Its normal.

Their opinions are subjective and often seem illogical - just like yours. The same seeming illogicality that comes with politics or religion applies to football too.
You cant just accuse everyone of being an agent simply because their choices differ from yours and baffle you. That is what is disrespectful.
Personally, I woudn't know where to start as a football agent, but I definitely have my views on some players. So to call me and millions like me agents is completely absurd.

To me, I t’s quite disrespectful, annoying and arrogant to advocate for newer players even if they’re unsuitable or inexperienced.
Newer player? At some point every player is a 'newer' player. New players do not only appear during off-peak periods or during qualification stages. They can appear at any time and from anywhere. "If they are unsuitable or inexperienced" is a straw man and more importantly a very subjective view. Unsuitable according to who? You?
I am one of those that warn against discounting inexperience - but I would always want a balance with talent. Some seriously talented individuals might need less experience to shine while some less talented players use their experience to supplement their game. So it works both ways.
Again you cannot use your own subjective opinion as the benchmark and then go ahead and accuse others of being agents. Sorry.
Why didn’t you guys suggest all this mysterious players during wcq? Why do you guys only suggest players when we have qualified?
Says who? Just say you are only just noticing the calls for all these 'mysterious' players.
And who are these mysteries anyway? Please name them and let us check their histories on CE. Most are young players and therefore just coming into their own. Uzoho and Onyekuru might not have benefitted from the exposure of the headline-generating Iheanacho and Iwobi, but everyone's path is different.

I am sure if you go thru the threads over the quali games (and even before) you will find these names being touted. If you are only seeing them now then you are seeing only what you want to see to buttress your deep suspicions and preconceptions that 'agents are at work'. :D
The annoying fact is that the suggested players aren’t even exceptional nor better than available ones. My own is that the time of “Monkey Dey work baboon Dey chip is over” after World Cup, your players can be given a chance to fight for a shirt
The comparison between those already invited and those being suggested is purely subjective. Until Ebuehi stepped on the grass v Argentina, very few thought he was up to it. Thankfully, the only subjective opinion that matters is Rohr's

Nobody is owed a seat on the plane to the WC no matter how hard they have worked. If a better Nigerian player comes along tomorrow and fits into the team, he is in.

Now, if you continue pushing such sentimental arguments we will have no choice but to conclude you are indeed an agent. :tic:
Even if 'pseudo agents' exist what impact do they really have? Are they involved in selection by posting on CE? Even if they promote their own players how does that change anything? CE is a Nigerian football site and we all have our biases including the so called 'pseudo agents'.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

aruako1 wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Indeed we have fans who are passionate about SE. Those fans don't surface after qualification. They are around all the time.

Damunk wrote:

Even if 'pseudo agents' exist what impact do they really have? Are they involved in selection by posting on CE? Even if they promote their own players how does that change anything? CE is a Nigerian football site and we all have our biases including the so called 'pseudo agents'.

I hear Rohr comes here to get his starting 11 from ohenhens posts :dream: People on here just take themselves way too seriously as if posters here actually have influence.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

aruako1 wrote:

Damunk wrote:

The impact is using CE to further their business. There is a reason why CE does not allow advertisement.

And it is not 'EVEN it they existed', I have given you instances that you have decided to ignore. It all happened here on CE.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

wanaj0 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Damunk wrote:

The impact is using CE to further their business. There is a reason why CE does not allow advertisement.

And it is not 'EVEN it they existed', I have given you instances that you have decided to ignore. It all happened here on CE.
I did not ignore the instances you mentioned. Your definition of advertisement is very wide. If advocating for a player is advertisement then we are all guilty of it. And most of us have used what we picked up on CE to further our businesses- my career as a lawyer has been helped by the business lessons I have learnt on CE. I have had CE members approach me witg possible work that I have had to turn down because I am an in-house lawyer.

The practice of calling people agents has now become an instrument to stifle opinion which is what we do not want to see on CE. If we were in the position of Cameroon pre 1990 WC and someone had advocated for the inclusion of a 38 year old Roger Milla that person would have been called an agent.

If Rohr decides to pick his 11 based on CE then he deserves to fail.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

maceo4 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Damunk wrote:

I hear Rohr comes here to get his starting 11 from ohenhens posts :dream: People on here just take themselves way too seriously as if posters here actually have influence.
I tire my brother. If it had been down to the consensus on CE the likes of Babatunde and Uchebo would not have made the 2014 WC. CE was almost unanimous in rejecting both players yet they were still picked.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

aruako1 wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Damunk wrote:

I did not ignore the instances you mentioned. Your definition of advertisement is very wide. If advocating for a player is advertisement then we are all guilty of it. And most of us have used what we picked up on CE to further our businesses- my career as a lawyer has been helped by the business lessons I have learnt on CE. I have had CE members approach me witg possible work that I have had to turn down because I am an in-house lawyer.

The practice of calling people agents has now become an instrument to stifle opinion which is what we do not want to see on CE. If we were in the position of Cameroon pre 1990 WC and someone had advocated for the inclusion of a 38 year old Roger Milla that person would have been called an agent.

There are agents on CE who declared their interests. There are also pseudo agents who pretend to be fans during the day and are agents at night. They can express their 'agency' opinion and it will be acknowledged as such. No one has stopped agents from expressing their opinion as far as I know. For example, you can advocate for Okocha to be called to the SE but be honest by letting us know that you are Okocha's agent! That way we will fully understand where you are coming from.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

wanaj0 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Damunk wrote:

There are agents on CE who declared their interests. There are also pseudo agents who pretend to be fans during the day and are agents at night. They can express their 'agency' opinion and it will be acknowledged as such. No one has stopped agents from expressing their opinion as far as I know. For example, you can advocate for Okocha to be called to the SE but be honest by letting us know that you are Okocha's agent! That way we will fully understand where you are coming from.
There is no need for anyone on CE to state their business before they post on CE. In fact there is no conflict of interest if an agent fails to disclose his link to a player he is promoting on CE. The interest of CE is to share varied subjective opinions and such an agent is not in conflict with that interest. If CE was a magazine and the agent is a reporter then a conflict arises. However it is clear to all and sundry that CE contributions are subjective opinions and should be treated accordingly. Another area where a conflict may arise is if the person works with the SE in any capacity and fails to declare his agency.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ndidi- box to box

Please stay off CE for the next 2 days.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

aruako1 wrote:
There is no need for anyone on CE to state their business before they post on CE. In fact there is no conflict of interest if an agent fails to disclose his link to a player he is promoting on CE. The interest of CE is to share varied subjective opinions and such an agent is not in conflict with that interest. If CE was a magazine and the agent is a reporter then a conflict arises. However it is clear to all and sundry that CE contributions are subjective opinions and should be treated accordingly. Another area where a conflict may arise is if the person works with the SE in any capacity and fails to declare his agency.
And the people concerned at various times have introduced themselves as 'CE Contributing editor'

Additionally, they've worked with SE until katakata burst and as you know it was money related. Where is Emeka again???

Again, there is an history :thumbs:

We know when FANS are posting and when AGENTS are posting. We will read between the lines.

Everyone is allowed to post their subjective opinions. In same light no one should be prevented from reading the handwriting that is on the wall :clap:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

wanaj0 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
And the people concerned at various times have introduced themselves as 'CE Contributing editor'

Additionally, they've worked with SE until katakata burst and as you know it was money related. Where is Emeka again???

We know when FANS are posting and when AGENTS are posting. We will read between the lines.

Everyone is allowed to post their subjective opinions. In same light no one should be prevented from reading the handwriting that is on the wall :clap:
Can you prove any of those allegations you are making? Maybe you need to be hit with a lawsuit to make you appreciate the irresponsibility and gravity of your childishness.

Clearly someone did not teach you anything about integrity, decency and honesty. Too many forumers here are the victims of bad parenting.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Somebody introduced himself as CE contributing editor..... Shameless folks
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

nemi2002 wrote:Somebody introduced himself as CE contributing editor..... Shameless folks
We have since promoted him to Chief Contributing Editor.

So you junior editors should stop jealousing him... :P :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

wanaj0 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

If someone introduced himself as 'CE contributing editor' that is wrong but it is not what we are discussing here. If Ezeala was promoting his players on CE while working for the SE that is NFF's problem not CE's. And no people do not know the difference between a FAN posting and an AGENT posting. Once they disagree with someone they call the person an agent.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Well Ndidi just made a fool of himself. Getting a second yellow for a shocking and pathetic dive in the box ...red card and will be sanctioned by the diving panel.

Poor behavior from a good player :boo: :boo:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

anikulapo wrote:Well Ndidi just made a fool of himself. Getting a second yellow for a shocking and pathetic dive in the box ...red card and will be sanctioned by the diving panel.

No, you don’t get sanctioned by the panel if you have already been sanctioned on the field...
The idea of the panel sanction is where a player’s dive has successfully deceived the ref on the field.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:Somebody introduced himself as CE contributing editor..... Shameless folks
We have since promoted him to Chief Contributing Editor.

So you junior editors should stop jealousing him... :P :taunt:

But what is the job description of a Contributing Editor? Does he/she contribute money to our su-su and then edit people's posts?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Well Ndidi just made a fool of himself. Getting a second yellow for a shocking and pathetic dive in the box ...red card and will be sanctioned by the diving panel.

No, you don’t get sanctioned by the panel if you have already been sanctioned on the field...
The idea of the panel sanction is where a player’s dive has successfully deceived the ref on the field.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The boy, Anikulapo, is quite emotional
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

john12 wrote:Azubike ahead of experienced onazi, Joel, Etebo just because his your clients and you’re his agents?? You guys will really sell your country at any chance
What!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :bump: :bump: :bump:

Extra! Extra! Extra! Read all about it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.