NFF SEC: Egypt Among 3 Friendlies for Abuja......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF SEC: Egypt Among 3 Friendlies for Abuja......

Post by ANC »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ANC wrote:fullgame not highlights

Google no dey your machine?

Yes e de, I have searched but couldn't not find it. I was thinking perhaps you be of some use. But forget, I have found the matches
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Definitely does not know what he's talking about...In 1994 the SE played a "send-off" game against Georgia in Ibadan 11 days before our opening WC game against Bulgaria (we won 5-1)
Synopsis wrote:Please, Ayo isn't an insider
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

nanijoe wrote:Definitely does not know what he's talking about...In 1994 the SE played a "send-off" game against Georgia in Ibadan 11 days before our opening WC game against Bulgaria (we won 5-1)
An unnecessary distraction in my opinion.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

We can play March 27 in Serbia.. Why London?
afc##
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

chuks69 wrote:We can play March 27 in Serbia.. Why London?

To be honest, it will depend on what the two FAs agree. Bear in mind both teams have their players in Western Europe, so travelling to Belgrade from Poland may be an additional burden. it also depends on where Serbia play on March 23.

I trust Pinnick will do what is best for Nigeria. He will not want to make the players travel unnecessarily. Those march windows are not the problem to be honest, the big headache is what happens in May/June.

let us assume they set up camp in Faro in Portugal, Marseille in France, London in England or Malaga in Spain, they will not want to travel too far for friendlies. This is why I do not fancy the idea of flying to Abuja for a match. I would rather they play all their games locally then proceed from there straight to Russia.

Going to Nigeria will not only be a distraction as our players will start leaving camp to see friends and family, you will also find some of them pulling out. Once you start that, you start getting divisions within the squad.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I agree that the game in Nigeria is an unnecessary distraction.

The poor state of pitches are also more likely to cause injury. I say forget it.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nanijoe wrote:Definitely does not know what he's talking about...In 1994 the SE played a "send-off" game against Georgia in Ibadan 11 days before our opening WC game against Bulgaria (we won 5-1)
An unnecessary distraction in my opinion.
Thats your response to evidence contradicting your earlier claim? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The way some of you spout nonsense on the forum beggars belief. So the match by a team representing a nation in front of the people it represents is a distraction.....let me not say what readily comes to mind. Sometimes i feel we need to change the name of this forum from CyberEagles to CyberEnemiesOfNigeria.

Strange no one mentioned cancelling one of the London matches....to accomodate. Someone even mentioned the bad pitches...wao i did not know, i could have sworn the SE played its qualifying matches in London as well. :mad:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:The way some of you spout nonsense on the forum beggars belief. So the match by a team representing a nation in front of the people it represents is a distraction.....let me not say what readily comes to mind. Sometimes i feel we need to change the name of this forum from CyberEagles to CyberEnemiesOfNigeria.

Strange no one mentioned cancelling one of the London matches....to accomodate. Someone even mentioned the bad pitches...wao i did not know, i could have sworn the SE played its qualifying matches in London as well. :mad:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Na you dey take these people seriously. They are more interested in games being played in London, so that they can enjoy those games. :roll: The 180 + million people who supported the team during qualification are irrelevant and a distraction. It is those who live in London, who will be camped at the SE hotel, disturbing players and taking pictures that are relevant and NOT distraction.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

oloye wrote:The way some of you spout nonsense on the forum beggars belief. So the match by a team representing a nation in front of the people it represents is a distraction.....let me not say what readily comes to mind. Sometimes i feel we need to change the name of this forum from CyberEagles to CyberEnemiesOfNigeria.

It's amazing they don't see the psychological effects of this match. Crowds cheering and politicians/philantrophists coming in to promise things if we win games. By the time the boys step in Russia, they'll be ready to step in front of a plane for Nigeria.

There's also the financial aspects too. I think a winnable match in Nigeria is an absolute must!
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Was just going to point that out...
Westerhof even fielded Babangida who was not on the USA '94 squad.

BTW, highly unlikely any game will be played in the effectively "abandoned" Abuja Stadium, unless we are ready to spend millions just for one game. More likely that any friendly in Nigeria will be at Uyo.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gotti wrote:
Was just going to point that out...
Westerhof even fielded Babangida who was not on the USA '94 squad.

BTW, highly unlikely any game will be played in the effectively "abandoned" Abuja Stadium, unless we are ready to spend millions just for one game. More likely that any friendly in Nigeria will be at Uyo.
When these foreign Nigerians open their mouth to talk, they betray their ignorance of all things Nigerian :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

niyi wrote:It's amazing they don't see the psychological effects of this match. Crowds cheering and politicians/philantrophists coming in to promise things if we win games. By the time the boys step in Russia, they'll be ready to step in front of a plane for Nigeria.

There's also the financial aspects too. I think a winnable match in Nigeria is an absolute must!
No politicians abeg! :oops:

Dalung has already stated that there will be a "powerful government delegation" in Russia, which indicates that there will be loads of gluttony politicians providing all manner of distraction.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
ANC wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Only one friendly will be in Abuja. All the others will be in Europe where the team will be camped in the run-up to the World Cup.

I will work on the assumption that Mohammed Sanusi was misquoted. Our schedule is looking something like this:

March 23: Poland in Warsaw
March 27: Serbia in London

June 1: England in London
June 6: Another friendly in London
June 10: Egypt in Abuja
June 14: A final game in Russia before the tournament

Wow, thats a lot of traveling...I guess that would help them in Russia
3 games in June should be fine. Anything more will burn out the team before opening game. Am cool with 2 games in March

I agree. Rohr should be persuaded to drop his idea of a send-off match in Abuja. Nobody really needs it.

Distractions like this can be costly at times. This is a classic case of a European coach believing that he has to placate the fans, not knowing that in Africa all the fans care about is the team doing well.

We are not like Germany and England where the team has to be sent off in style posing for a picture on the steps of a plane of their national carrier in sharp suits. Our team should camp in Europe in June and proceed to Russia from there. Going back to Nigeria serves no useful purpose whatsoever.
I don't even think of all the Abuja game is Rohr's idea.
He just tries to consider nigerian sentiments and show love to the fans.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

DAgrin wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
ANC wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Only one friendly will be in Abuja. All the others will be in Europe where the team will be camped in the run-up to the World Cup.

I will work on the assumption that Mohammed Sanusi was misquoted. Our schedule is looking something like this:

March 23: Poland in Warsaw
March 27: Serbia in London

June 1: England in London
June 6: Another friendly in London
June 10: Egypt in Abuja
June 14: A final game in Russia before the tournament

Wow, thats a lot of traveling...I guess that would help them in Russia
3 games in June should be fine. Anything more will burn out the team before opening game. Am cool with 2 games in March

I agree. Rohr should be persuaded to drop his idea of a send-off match in Abuja. Nobody really needs it.

Distractions like this can be costly at times. This is a classic case of a European coach believing that he has to placate the fans, not knowing that in Africa all the fans care about is the team doing well.

We are not like Germany and England where the team has to be sent off in style posing for a picture on the steps of a plane of their national carrier in sharp suits. Our team should camp in Europe in June and proceed to Russia from there. Going back to Nigeria serves no useful purpose whatsoever.
I don't even think of all the Abuja game is Rohr's idea.
That's not what I get from his interview. Seems like it's his idea to play a game in Nigeria
Last edited by niyi on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

DAgrin wrote:I don't even think of all the Abuja game is Rohr's idea.
That's part of his job...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

My people are pretending they do nor know how distracting a game in Nigeria will be:

(1) Politicians will flood the hotel
(2) Ladies of easy virtue will flood there
(3) Our players will be receiving guests non-stop
(4) Many players will leave camp to go to their villages
(5) Some players will not even bother making the trip
(6) Camp discipline will be broken
(7) NFF officials will use the ocassion to fleece players
(8) Some big men and vested interest groups will meddle with the technical crews’ plans trying to influence selection
(9) Big name players who know this will ask to be excused from the match
(10) Training and preparation will be highly hampered by the experience
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I'm sorry but playing a send off game in Uyo is dumb. They should be in Russia camping for the tournament.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

I don't think Mohammed Sanusi has been to the Abuja stadium lately.
yes o
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

niyi wrote:

It's amazing they don't see the psychological effects of this match. Crowds cheering and politicians/philantrophists coming in to promise things if we win games. By the time the boys step in Russia, they'll be ready to step in front of a plane for Nigeria.

If any of our players listens to Nigerian politicians they are simply not ready,a professional footballer should be used to receiving a salary and not empty promises from beer bellies with bad dental hygiene.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

danfo driver wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Na you dey take these people seriously. They are more interested in games being played in London, so that they can enjoy those games. :roll: The 180 + million people who supported the team during qualification are irrelevant and a distraction. It is those who live in London, who will be camped at the SE hotel, disturbing players and taking pictures that are relevant and NOT distraction.
Worse part of playing a game in London is that only a handful of Naijas will show up.
There will be no transmission of the game, and the so-called London fans will not be
able to provide pictures or information beyond who met who, where they met before
and after the match, and what they ate and drank at their favorite spot,
I believe a match in Dallas, Houston, New York or Los Angeles will sell out,
with major TV stations eager to transmit worldwide.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

Well I guess when some have decided not only are there no players worthy of the national jersey playing in Nigeria, and Nigerians are not up to coaching the national team, it is no wonder such folk feel its such a waste of time playing in Nigeria. It's highhanded crass talk like this which leads to real resentment between Nigerians back home and the diaspora.
my times are in HIS hands
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

pasamu wrote:

Well I guess when some have decided not only are there no players worthy of the national jersey playing in Nigeria, and Nigerians are not up to coaching the national team, it is no wonder such folk feel its such a waste of time playing in Nigeria. It's highhanded crass talk like this which leads to real resentment between Nigerians back home and the diaspora.
That’s your people!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI