OLOYE, Please Confirm!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
OLOYE, Please Confirm!!

Post by Senator WIRES »

Hope not one of our boys! :cry:
RIP.
Shelbourne academy player Izzy Dezu (Issa Disu) dies after collapsing on the pitch
Izzy Dezu collapsed during a Dublin and District Schoolboys match
He was treated pitchside by paramedics before being taken to hospital
Shay Given and the Irish president among those to pay tribute on social media

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... pitch.html
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: OLOYE, Please Confirm!!

Post by Lolly »

A friend died last week playing footy for fun in Qatar. These things are becoming too common nowadays.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
donzopia
Egg
Egg

Post by donzopia »

RIP
FM 2020
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Unfortunately this was in the news for the last 2 days, read about this yesterday , although i do not know him, i was so emotional based on the glowing tributes his coaches paid to him.
I am not sure of he is a Nigerian, but a Nigerian parent suffered similar fate earlier on in the year. The family i might know, in this case the boy had gone to play footy, came back, slept and did not wake up the next day.

I cannot put my hand on whatever is going on, i have been to these matches as my son who is about the same age is also involved in these games. There is nothing out of place, the games are as basic and the rules are relaxed such that players can be substituted as often as the coaches want.

This particular guy seems to be progressing well as Shelboutne happens to be one of the biggest clubs in Ireland. The fact that the FA have even promised to honor him in the next international match makes me believe this is one star that has left too soon.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Lolly wrote:A friend died last week playing footy for fun in Qatar. These things are becoming too common nowadays.
Kunlor Na my inlaw and was MC at my wedding. What a shocking loss.
To stop trying is to start dying
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Shownoja wrote:
Lolly wrote:A friend died last week playing footy for fun in Qatar. These things are becoming too common nowadays.
Wow. Commiserations.

We played football together for our church team. Very lovely guy. I am still in shock.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Lolly wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Wow. Commiserations.

We played football together for our church team. Very lovely guy. I am still in shock.
You go to church? Oh wow...! :shock: :shock: :shock:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Riche007 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Wow. Commiserations.

Yes I do. What about you?

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Riche007 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Wow. Commiserations.

Oga Richie, this comment out of place here. We can leave our political and other differences aside and mourn/pay respect to the departed.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is a serious problem.
Sudden Heart Death More Common in Male Minority Athletes
Inherited condition often the cause, study says

TUESDAY, June 28, 2016 (HealthDay News) -- It's always surprising and heartbreaking to hear about a young athlete dying suddenly. Now a new study finds that in many of these cases, an underlying heart problem was already present.

The researchers found that about one-third of sudden cardiac deaths were caused by the heart condition hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. This condition causes a portion of the heart's wall to grow abnormally thick, which hinders the heart's performance. There are often no symptoms, study authors said.

This heart condition is often inherited, according to the American Heart Association.

About 40 percent of sudden deaths in males were caused by hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. More than 50 percent of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy occurred in minority males. Just 1 percent of these cases were found in minority females, the study published in The American Journal of Medicine found.

"We have established that hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is the leading cause of sudden cardiac death in male athletes and is an underappreciated cause of sudden death in male African-American and minority athletes, but is a rare cause of death in female athletes," lead investigator Dr. Barry Maron said in a journal news release. Maron is from Tufts Medical Center in Boston.

The study identified more than 2,400 sudden deaths between 1980 and 2011. The deaths occurred among competitive athletes while engaged in 29 different sports. The athletes were between the ages of 13 and 25. More than 840 of those deaths were heart-related, the study showed.

The researchers found that:

Male athletes were 6.5 times more likely to die from sudden cardiac death than females.
Blacks and other minorities had death rates nearly five times higher from sudden cardiac death than whites.
Sudden cardiac death was three times more likely among minority male and female basketball players than white players.

Less than 5 percent of athletes who died had structurally normal hearts.
Certain heart problems were more common in female athletes who died suddenly. These included defects in the heart's arteries present from birth and conditions that cause potentially dangerous irregular heartbeats, the study found.

The new findings highlight the potential value of the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology's recommendations to screen minorities and others for heart conditions before participation in athletics, Maron said.

https://consumer.healthday.com/fitness- ... 12349.html
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Shownoja wrote:
Condolences to both of una...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Gotti wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Condolences to both of una...
Thanks Gotti
To stop trying is to start dying
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Lolly wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Wow. Commiserations.

Very shocking. Chatted with him on Sunday only to get a message that he died on Wednesday. It was like a DREAM.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

wanaj0 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Wow. Commiserations.

Very shocking. Chatted with him on Sunday only to get a message that he died on Wednesday. It was like a DREAM.

you knew him as well? commiserations to all of you guys. Sad indeed.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Cardiac arrest...Marc Vivian Foe died of it in 2003. It is very common in sports especially football due to cardiomyopathy.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Damunk wrote:This is a serious problem.

TUESDAY, June 28, 2016 (HealthDay News) -- It's always surprising and heartbreaking to hear about a young athlete dying suddenly. Now a new study finds that in many of these cases, an underlying heart problem was already present.

The researchers found that about one-third of sudden cardiac deaths were caused by the heart condition hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. This condition causes a portion of the heart's wall to grow abnormally thick, which hinders the heart's performance. There are often no symptoms, study authors said.

This heart condition is often inherited, according to the American Heart Association.

About 40 percent of sudden deaths in males were caused by hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. More than 50 percent of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy occurred in minority males. Just 1 percent of these cases were found in minority females, the study published in The American Journal of Medicine found.

"We have established that hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is the leading cause of sudden cardiac death in male athletes and is an underappreciated cause of sudden death in male African-American and minority athletes, but is a rare cause of death in female athletes," lead investigator Dr. Barry Maron said in a journal news release. Maron is from Tufts Medical Center in Boston.

The study identified more than 2,400 sudden deaths between 1980 and 2011. The deaths occurred among competitive athletes while engaged in 29 different sports. The athletes were between the ages of 13 and 25. More than 840 of those deaths were heart-related, the study showed.

Male athletes were 6.5 times more likely to die from sudden cardiac death than females.
Blacks and other minorities had death rates nearly five times higher from sudden cardiac death than whites.
Sudden cardiac death was three times more likely among minority male and female basketball players than white players.

Certain heart problems were more common in female athletes who died suddenly. These included defects in the heart's arteries present from birth and conditions that cause potentially dangerous irregular heartbeats, the study found.

The new findings highlight the potential value of the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology's recommendations to screen minorities and others for heart conditions before participation in athletics, Maron said.

That must be from an American article with their racial bullshyt...everything they study must be negative towards blacks...Youtube footballers that die died on the pitch you will see it has nothing to do with being black or white, it has to do with males.

[/video]
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Wow. Commiserations.

One year remembrance tomorrow 14th of December at Jesus House 112 Brent Terrace, Brent Cross London. Time is 7pm.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

My condolences to all those affected..... It just shows we are one big family all connected one way or the other..
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The symptoms of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy are variable, even within the same family. Many affected individuals have no symptoms.
Other people with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy may experience chest pain; shortness of breath, especially with physical exertion; a sensation of fluttering or pounding in the chest (palpitations); lightheadedness; dizziness; and fainting.

While most people with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy are symptom-free or have only mild symptoms, this condition can have serious consequences. It can cause abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) that may be life threatening. People with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy have an increased risk of sudden death, even if they have no other symptoms of the condition. A small number of affected individuals develop potentially fatal heart failure, which may require heart transplantation.
https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/famil ... iomyopathy

Basically, the heart muscle thickens in the septum (middle) or ventricles so the heart cannot pump enough blood to the rest of the body. Symptoms depend on the progression and location of the thickening among other factors.
So when you stress your body the heart will not be able to pump enough blood to meet the demand leading to the symptoms above.

NB: May I add irregular pulse. You can feel it in the inside wrist, left chest (the heart) and sometimes sides of the neck
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
Damunk wrote:This is a serious problem.

That must be from an American article with their racial bullshyt...everything they study must be negative towards blacks...Youtube footballers that die died on the pitch you will see it has nothing to do with being black or white, it has to do with males.

[/video]
I think you need to leave the research to the professionals and cut out the political BS.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Wow. Commiserations.

One year remembrance tomorrow 14th of December at Jesus House 112 Brent Terrace, Brent Cross London. Time is 7pm.
Wow. One year already. I am in Lagos, so can’t make it. Hope Dele and the kids get all the support they deserve.

Kai! Kunlur baba. What a lovely chap. Not long afterwards, Deji Tinubu suffered the same fate. God bless their families. But I dey fear to play footie again.

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Lolly wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Wow. Commiserations.

Wow. One year already. I am in Lagos, so can’t make it. Hope Dele and the kids get all the support they deserve.

Kai! Kunlur baba. What a lovely chap. Not long afterwards, Deji Tinubu suffered the same fate. God bless their families. But I dey fear to play footie again.
Cannot believe it's a year already,
Oya back to the matter
open and close
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

RIP ,see as i dey shake ooooh,,i dont understand this sudden death playing soccer