Don't get too excited over Enyeama now Nigerian footy fans

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Don't get too excited over Enyeama now Nigerian footy fans

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Lille have parted company with head coach Marcelo Bielsa just seven months after the former Argentina manager was appointed.

Bielsa, 62, replaced Franck Passi in May and signed more than a dozen players in the summer.

However, a run of just three wins in 13 games left Lille second bottom of the table and he was suspended last month.

The club then said in a brief statement on Friday that it had "terminated the contract" with Bielsa.

The Argentine was once described by Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino as his "football father" while Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola previously said his admiration for him was "huge".

Bielsa managed Marseille in 2014-15 and was also manager of Italian club Lazio in July 2016, before resigning two days later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42374034
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Don't get too excited over Enyeama now Nigerian footy fa

Post by maceo4 »

Aww poor guy...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Apparently, Bielsa was a super coach. I never knew this about him: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40879274
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo, this story has little to do with Enyeama, and many would equate your headline to false journalism.

If anything at all, Bielsa's exit should brighten Enyeama's prospects at Lille.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

truetalk wrote:Ayo, this story has little to do with Enyeama, and many would equate your headline to false journalism.

[1] E be like say you get F9 for English Wasc
[2] Anyone with a basic understanding of the English language will get the point I am making here
[3] Nigerian fans should not get too excited over sacking of Bielsa
[4] It is no surprise that Nigerian fans will go hyper, hoping that this will mean Enyeama seeing action
[5] Knowing CE, everyone here will expect the new coach to start featuring Vince
[6] I am sounding a note of caution
[7] From what I have read about Bielsa though, he is very methodical, so I would wonder why he dropped Vince
[8] Read about Bielsa's philosophies here that influence Guadiola and Pochettino at Man City and Spurs: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... elo-bielsa
[9] I do not believe Bielsa will drop a keeper without good reason. It appears is in the same boat as Joe Hart
[10] Anyway, let us see what the new coach decides
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Instead of Lille to hire a caretaker coach, it appoints a 4-headed monster. The problem is evident. The club's management stinks
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
truetalk wrote:Ayo, this story has little to do with Enyeama, and many would equate your headline to false journalism.

[2] Anyone with a basic understanding of the English language will get the point I am making here
[4] It is no surprise that Nigerian fans will go hyper, hoping that this will mean Enyeama seeing action
[5] Knowing CE, everyone here will expect the new coach to start featuring Vince
[7] From what I have read about Bielsa though, he is very methodical, so I would wonder why he dropped Vince
[8] Read about Bielsa's philosophies here that influence Guadiola and Pochettino at Man City and Spurs: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... elo-bielsa
[9] I do not believe Bielsa will drop a keeper without good reason. It appears is in the same boat as Joe Hart
Your 'point', and it is a stretch to call it that, is so peripheral to the story, that it is almost out of scope and irrelevant.
Even if we push this peripheral point to the center and focus on it, Bielsa was the coach that pushed Enyeama to the side, so the exit should naturally brighten his prospects at the club. You instantly suggest you are going contrarian in the name of managing the expectation of fans.

Not that you need to state a reason, but it seems you've started an aggressive campaign against your 'friend' Vincent Enyeama lately.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Ayo needs a time out till March.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

truetalk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Your 'point', and it is a stretch to call it that, is so peripheral to the story, that it is almost out of scope and irrelevant.
Even if we push this peripheral point to the center and focus on it, Bielsa was the coach that pushed Enyeama to the side, so the exit should naturally brighten his prospects at the club. You instantly suggest you are going contrarian in the name of managing the expectation of fans.

Not that you need to state a reason, but it seems you've started an aggressive campaign against your 'friend' Vincent Enyeama lately.
Man must survive. Nothing goes for nothing.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

truetalk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Another childish rant. I guess that is the price one must pay for being on social forums like this.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Agents at work.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

is there such a thing as a "compassionate ban" on CE? Banning someone for their own well-being?
If so, for the love Ayo, lets ban him until after the world cup. I'm getting really worried for him.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.