Messi YABS Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Messi YABS Super Eagles

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:At this rate, Kenya may also claim that Nigeria is its rival.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I believe rival teams mean teams that believe they are equal and they regularly compete with each other for success and supremacy e.g Ghana and Nigeria, Brazil and Argentina, or Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Nigeria v Argentina does not fall under that category. First of all very few people will believe that they are equal. Argentina has consistently competed for winning the World Cup and Nigeria has a goal of reaching quarterfinals of the same compe. Where is the perceived equality?

As for derby as mentioned, that is even more limited as it would refer to competing teams that are from same geographical area.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:I believe rival teams mean teams that believe they are equal and they regularly compete with each other for success and supremacy e.g Ghana and Nigeria, Brazil and Argentina, or Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Nigeria v Argentina does not fall under that category. First of all very few people will believe that they are equal. Argentina has consistently competed for winning the World Cup and Nigeria has a goal of reaching quarterfinals of the same compe. Where is the perceived equality?

As for derby as mentioned, that is even more limited as it would refer to competing teams that are from same geographical area.
Abeg, tell am to Chief TTTK.

He might begin to think you are suffering from some sort of inferiority complex.

Afterall, Lion and Elephant all dey jungle, yet one dey claim na im be king of the jungle. :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I believe rival teams mean teams that believe they are equal and they regularly compete with each other for success and supremacy e.g Ghana and Nigeria, Brazil and Argentina, or Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Abeg, tell am to Chief TTTK.

He might begin to think you are suffering from some sort of inferiority complex.

Afterall, Lion and Elephant all dey jungle, yet one dey claim na im be king of the jungle. :D
See how he ran with his tails tucked in after I expose his ignorance.

It is crazy how some people boldly flaunt ignorance and even call people with facts names like liars. I hope he at least learned a bit that ignorance shouldn't be worn as a badge of honor rather should be subdued. And the Internet search sites are your friends.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Messi dey fear becos him no know which SE go show up.

The one wey open yansh and leave all spaces before our 18 yard box for Argentina to roam free as we did in WC 2002 and 2012.

Or the one wey attack dem as we did in 1994 and 2014!

Cmoke
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Nigerian journalists are fools, he didn't blast Nigeria. He just pointed out an area of weakness from playing Nigeria at last world cup.
That's what I thought too. If we are what we think we are, let's make him regret what he said when the time comes
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:At this rate, Kenya may also claim that Nigeria is its rival.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Cito wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Cito wrote:
Cellular wrote:
marutimon wrote:Messi is just a sore loser. Always has been.
It is only in the deluded heads of Naijarians that this is a rivalry. Like Totoham fans thinking that they are equal to Arsenal.

Beat your rival at least once in a game that counts before making mouth.
What are you? The anti Christ? Why do you hate your country so much? Why do you have these oddly biased opinions of Nigeria?

Since 1994, Argentina has 4 lone goal victories over Nigeria but with the exception of 2002, Argentina has won with the aid of at least one referee assisted goal. Even in 2010 when Messi dominated our defense, their loan goal, according to Fifa itself, was an invalid goal that should have been disallowed. In 2014, the SuperEagles played Argentina as evenly as we ever had since 1994, even with a team that many like you dismissed as second rate. Argentina’s victory in that game was due to an Enyeams error rather than to any kind of domination. So you see, you are the one who is deluded in thinking that Argentina always dominates Nigeria. We ca and will beat them in Russia :!:

Cheers.
They beat Nigeria more often than not. So that is not a rivalry. I believe the term on this site is 'wife'. After 5 times and zero wins, please explain to me what constitutes a rivalry.

Can we beat them in Russia? Absolutely! But until then, we are to them what Kenya is to us. :mrgreen:
If you have to resort to lies to make a point then I don’t need to explain anything to you :!:

Cheers.
World cups 94 , 02, 10, 14 and confederation cup 95(0-0).

Ok son, Nigeria has played them 4 times in the World Cup and once in confederation cup. 1+4 = 5. Now you have made a complete fool of yourself. Is it worth it? :oops:

If you are grown up you should apologize but I highly doubt you can do that.
Quick Maffs!

With my man's logic, we gunners are rivals to the likes of Bayern and Barca in the CL!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Blukyt wrote:
Cito wrote:
Cito wrote:
Cellular wrote:
marutimon wrote:Messi is just a sore loser. Always has been.
It is only in the deluded heads of Naijarians that this is a rivalry. Like Totoham fans thinking that they are equal to Arsenal.

Beat your rival at least once in a game that counts before making mouth.
What are you? The anti Christ? Why do you hate your country so much? Why do you have these oddly biased opinions of Nigeria?

Since 1994, Argentina has 4 lone goal victories over Nigeria but with the exception of 2002, Argentina has won with the aid of at least one referee assisted goal. Even in 2010 when Messi dominated our defense, their loan goal, according to Fifa itself, was an invalid goal that should have been disallowed. In 2014, the SuperEagles played Argentina as evenly as we ever had since 1994, even with a team that many like you dismissed as second rate. Argentina’s victory in that game was due to an Enyeams error rather than to any kind of domination. So you see, you are the one who is deluded in thinking that Argentina always dominates Nigeria. We ca and will beat them in Russia :!:

Cheers.
They beat Nigeria more often than not. So that is not a rivalry. I believe the term on this site is 'wife'. After 5 times and zero wins, please explain to me what constitutes a rivalry.

Can we beat them in Russia? Absolutely! But until then, we are to them what Kenya is to us. :mrgreen:
If you have to resort to lies to make a point then I don’t need to explain anything to you :!:

Cheers.
World cups 94 , 02, 10, 14 and confederation cup 95(0-0).

Ok son, Nigeria has played them 4 times in the World Cup and once in confederation cup. 1+4 = 5. Now you have made a complete fool of yourself. Is it worth it? :oops:

If you are grown up you should apologize but I highly doubt you can do that.
Quick Maffs!

With my man's logic, we gunners are rivals to the likes of Bayern and Barca in the CL!
Yes o... in the land of Waffi. :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!