Wilfred Ndidi is class both on and off the pitch

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Wilfred Ndidi is class both on and off the pitch

Post by john12 »

Ndidi better than Kante? And you have the nerve to say English overhype their players. My guy odikwa serious
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

john12 wrote:Ndidi better than Kante? And you have the nerve to say English overhype their players. My guy odikwa serious
Statistically speaking he's as good if not better in most aspects.

Its not overhyping, its stats.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

My brother let’s humble ourselves. Kante is a 2 time Epl winner and was arguably the best player in those 2 teams. There’s no way ndidi (good player) is better than kante
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

marutimon wrote:Ndidi is 20/21 and is better than Kante in almost every aspect, minus passing and possibly positional awareness.
If Ndidi was English he would be hyped to kingdom come...
...which are huge and cannot be ignored.
So using the word 'better' is inappropriate to put it mildly
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I think we can all agree at one thing: Ndidi is way ahead of Kante at the same point of their respective careers. At 20 Ndidi is arguably the best player in a top ten EPL side while Kante was a sub at a French third division side.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I think we can all agree at one thing: Ndidi is way ahead of Kante at the same point of their respective careers. At 20 Ndidi is arguably the best player in a top ten EPL side while Kante was a sub at a French third division side.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Everyone peaks differently who gives a heck how good kante was at 20. We’re comparing the of them presently and although I️ believe ndidi has the talent to surpass Kante in the future, he is not better than Kante now
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:My brother let’s humble ourselves. Kante is a 2 time Epl winner and was arguably the best player in those 2 teams. There’s no way ndidi (good player) is better than kante
Humble "ourselves?" How do you humble yourself to ignore statistics? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Marutimon is laying out statistic.

Anyway, Kante has influenced two teams significantly to win the league. He is influential :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

john12 wrote:My brother let’s humble ourselves. Kante is a 2 time Epl winner and was arguably the best player in those 2 teams. There’s no way ndidi (good player) is better than kante
We are talking about CURRENT stats not History........................As of TODAY Ndidi is playing better than Kante, Kouyate and Gueye.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wale1974 wrote:
We are talking about CURRENT stats not History........................As of TODAY Ndidi is playing better than Kante, Kouyate and Gueye.
Kouyate is not even close to Ndidi's level and Gueye is not as good as Ndidi.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Ndidi and Gueye are at the same level currently but Ndidi has MUCH more potential. I think that Ndidi will be clearly a better player over the next few seasons.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TheHitman47 wrote:Ndidi and Gueye are at the same level currently but Ndidi has MUCH more potential. I think that Ndidi will be clearly a better player over the next few seasons.
Is that what you want? or is that what the statistics say? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I think comparing Kante (or Gueye) and Ndidi is sort of pointless, as they are different players.

Kante and Gueye are fast bunny rabbits, while Ndidi is more like a Yaya Toure battering ram, but for now without the finesse. Nonetheless Ndidi has already had signs that given time he could be another Yaya Toure. We already know he can hit them, but he's also adding long passes, improving his general passing as well as his awareness and starting to make the odd forward run. Not to mention Ndidi is a beast in the air, much like Toure.

Add to that Toure never was a great DM. Ndidi's tackling abilities already far outshine that of Toure and he is obviously way more mobile than Toure ever was.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

However you look at it, Nigeria needs a playmaking midfielder to augment Mikel and Ndidi. How I wish Keita was Nigerian!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:However you look at it, Nigeria needs a playmaking midfielder to augment Mikel and Ndidi. How I wish Keita was Nigerian!
You wish everyone was Nigerian. Be happy with what you have.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT