How do you stop City?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How do you stop City?

Post by Skylolo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Mourinho will get them back at the Etihad. Pep aint doing double on Mo.
4 minimum if Silva is available to dance through Manure's midfield with his young friend De Bruyne, Pogba or no Pogba.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope all the clowns here over the years who questioned the strength of LA Liga & the Bundesliga because Barca & Bayern were thrashing teams right left and centre now see that the only reason this did not happen in the EPL was because we did not have top-end quality teams......Pep is breaking all the league records he set in the other leagues with inferior players to the ones he had at Barca and Bayern. :lol: :lol:
To God be the glory
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Skylolo wrote:This is how you know a progressive quality Coach has done a good job. You will never hear this question asked about a Park the Bus team.
Absolutely true. Imagine not being able to ask this kind of question about a certain popular team with no EPL title since 2004 and a manager that has been there since 1996?
Look this is not a matter of what team you support, I am a Arsenal man but good football is good football and Citeh are dishing that out right now, playing with such quality and swagger we have never seen in this Country. I hate the fact they have lots of money and it has helped but I appreciate the final product.

At the end of the day it is a expensively assembled orchestra that plays good music, that is all you can ask. There is another expensively team down the road that is parking the Bus, such is life..... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

13 years ago, we were good people appluded us. Today Citeh are good and they deserve all the applause they are getting.

I can't do anything about any of it so I will enjoy the ride, the same approach may work for you... :taunt: :taunt:
To God be the glory
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Yemi, please revisit the passes. DeBruyne wasn't at the Tottenham level, but the passes were ridiculous. Who was close? No one. Silva was on a different level, there's nothing Pogba could've done. His absence has brought him more time. If United don't take the league or the Champions league, the media will enjoy his dissection. Short sleeve or long sleeve.

And this anti-Pogba sentiment claim is plain ridiculous. Granted Paul has been absent for large parts but to suggest he has been anywhere near a standout performer, consistently this season is laughable. United are still waiting for that impact, in fact, every black football fan is, one's self included. At the half mark Pogba is as close to POTY as Mesut Ozil. Both behind Ashley Young. Second half of the season, he needs to step it up. Big time. Bigger time than Big Ben.
Last edited by Coach on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Coach wrote:Yemi, please revisit the passes. DeBruyne wasn't at the Tottenham level, but the passes were ridiculous. Who was close? No one. Silva was on a different level, there's nothing Pogba could've done. His absence has brought him more time. If United don't take the league or the Champions league, the media will enjoy his dissection. Short sleeve or long sleeve.
With Arsenal's domination we all saw what Pogba did to the tormentor of Bayern Munich, KOS - yes, Pogba can do something anytime :lol: :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Yes, he shrugged off Koscielwimp, for close to 100 squilla, he needs to be casting a shadow over DeBruyne, Coutinho, Salah and all else. At the halfway mark, he's behind Ashley Young for United's POTY, if truth be told. Second season and overshadowed by Tintin's doppelganger and a hirsute Egyptian. Gerroff!
Last edited by Coach on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Skylolo wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Skylolo wrote:This is how you know a progressive quality Coach has done a good job. You will never hear this question asked about a Park the Bus team.
Absolutely true. Imagine not being able to ask this kind of question about a certain popular team with no EPL title since 2004 and a manager that has been there since 1996?
Look this is not a matter of what team you support, I am a Arsenal man but good football is good football and Citeh are dishing that out right now, playing with such quality and swagger we have never seen in this Country. I hate the fact they have lots of money and it has helped but I appreciate the final product.

At the end of the day it is a expensively assembled orchestra that plays good music, that is all you can ask. There is another expensively team down the road that is parking the Bus, such is life..... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

13 years ago, we were good people appluded us. Today Citeh are good and they deserve all the applause they are getting.

I can't do anything about any of it so I will enjoy the ride, the same approach may work for you... :taunt: :taunt:
I'm enjoying the ride - and will enjoy it more when they crash out of the champions league so I can retain one of my vital yabbing weapons but as a football fan I just wish we could be having this discussion about Prof Wenger's team in London after 21 years but they are still struggling to convince people that they are better than Spurs :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Coach wrote:Yes, he shrugged off Koscielwimp, for close to 100 squilla, he needs to casting a shadow over DeBruyne, Coutinho, Salah and all else. At the halfway mark, he's behind Ashley Young for United's POTY, if truth be told.
He did not determine that and he has no control over it.
And you are wrong, Pogba is not behind Ashley Young for United's POTY. United crumbles without Pogba and barely manage to steady the ship. Will miss a few weapons in the armory but it is largely business as usual without the respected Ashley Young - some of us actually watch every second of these matches :mrgreen:

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

I'm enjoying the ride - and will enjoy it more when they crash out of the champions league so I can retain one of my vital yabbing weapons but as a football fan I just wish we could be having this discussion about Prof Wenger's team in London after 21 years but they are still struggling to convince people that they are better than Spurs :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
There is a Arsenal thread on Page 1 of CE, if you want to talk about Arsenal you can go there. :rotf:

Now let is get back to this thread, how can Citeh be stopped? A question that has come about because of the quality of football they are producing week in week out.. :D
To God be the glory
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Skylolo wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

There is a Arsenal thread on Page 1 of CE, if you want to talk about Arsenal you can go there. :rotf:

Now let is get back to this thread, how can Citeh be stopped? A question that has come about because of the quality of football they are producing week in week out.. :D
Ok no prob - this is not about Man United or Arsenal :mrgreen:

In the EPL, City (Guardiola) will be stopped next season :lol:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Yemi, could you kindly confirm, in writing, that, in your expert opinion, at the halfway mark, Paul Pogba is frontrunner for United's POTY, or even second placed.

In addendum, without wanting to saturate discourse on stopping City with afrocentric rhetoric, desperately deifying someone who thus far, has been good but far from godly, Pogba is nowhere near discussion for POTY. Maybe within the walls of Old Trafford, but beyond that, City can list three comfortably whom he stands behind, then theres Salah. Has he even eclipsed wantaway Coutinho? Yes, he barged Koscielny, woopdeedo, Shane Long has been doing for longer than his surname. At 100 million, Pogba was supposed to be doing what DeBruyne is doing, what Toure did, what Kante did, instead, as ever, a festival of casuistry follows whenever the fact is stated. On current form, DeBruyne is playing himself into Balon d'or nomination, is Pogba? If so, perhaps Jesse Lingard is too. Funny people those red Mancunians.

Last season he was nervous, this season he's indispensable...the Champions league is calling. United spend 100 million on one player for him to lead them to the Van Gaals. As much as one hoped for the second coming of Viera or new Yaya Toure, thus far, to suggest Paul is close, is ridiculous. Yes, United collapse without him because they're a joke of a multimillion pound side who, for whatever reason, feel the best way to play the game today is in the guise of a 2004 Chelsea.
Last edited by Coach on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Coach wrote:@Yemi, could you kindly confirm, in writing, that, in your expert opinion, at the halfway mark, Paul Pogba is frontrunner for United's POTY, or even second placed.

---- xxx ----
Currently, David de Gea is top of my list and followed by the influential Paul Pogba who has only played 8 EPL matches so far with United winning 7. Whenever Pogba turns it up no one comes close so I'm banking on him firing on all cylinders going forward :mrgreen:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And as far as PFA Player of the Year, Players' Player of the Year, EPL Balon d'Or hopefuls...at the halfway mark, how is the 100 million dollar man doing?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Simple!

Press them well up top for 90+ minutes and have a decent goalie.

A lot of teams can beat City but in the EPL, right now, it is a fully fit Arsenal.
They learned how to press as a team a couple of weeks ago (after playing City :lol: ) but they would need the likes of Iwobi to put in their chances too.

Big Sam might also conjure up something with Everton.
The rest are just pretenders. :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Coach wrote:And as far as PFA Player of the Year, Players' Player of the Year, EPL Balon d'Or hopefuls...at the halfway mark, how is the 100 million dollar man doing?
I am a fan of rewarding the main actors in the winning team with those awards - so whoever wins the league should enjoy the spoils.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Kabalega wrote:Simple!

Press them well up top for 90+ minutes and have a decent goalie.

A lot of teams can beat City but in the EPL, right now, it is a fully fit Arsenal.
They learned how to press as a team a couple of weeks ago (after playing City :lol: ) but they would need the likes of Iwobi to put in their chances too.

Big Sam might also conjure up something with Everton.
The rest are just pretenders. :D
You mean the same Arsenal that United's Messi Lingard dealt with recently? :taunt:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^In other words, as a big fan of PP Le Cent...

How much was your Pogba in the window
the one with the bleachy blonde hair
How much was your Pogba in the window
I see no Viera* in there
ooooooooooooh
No Viera
No Viera
No Viera, in there, in there!
No Viera
No Viera
No Viera, in there, in there
!

*substitute accordingly depending on preferred team ie. DeBruyne, Ngolo, Coutinho.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Coach wrote:Yes, Pogba is blacker than molasses and of course this tints the glasses, but taking off one's Nation of Islam suit and cap, truth is, DeBruyne was always going to d#$% down the midfield. Pogba wasn't getting close and if assigned a man-marking role, would've been wasted. Tintin has being doing them like the Congo all season. It's good PP didn't play, they would've caricatured him with the reddest lips and widest eyes. Game for game, DeBruyne has been what every Farook hoped Pogba would be. Imperial.
The KDB U dey talk here was not all that against Manu..for one the fact that Pep put Sterling in the middle enough meant the short Jamaican would've been eaten up like Curried Goat...in games like this it takes those few touches of class in the few looks Manure had..there was one particular chance that Martial had running up the middle..delayed his pass half a second and it came to naught...if that was Pogba the net go shake..simples. City didn't exactly have clear looks. Trust me..Jose has won MANY matches like this with his team as the underdog...unfortunately the underdog would always need all its teeth in a fight like this..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Skylolo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Mourinho will get them back at the Etihad. Pep aint doing double on Mo.
4 minimum if Silva is available to dance through Manure's midfield with his young friend De Bruyne, Pogba or no Pogba.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope all the clowns here over the years who questioned the strength of LA Liga & the Bundesliga because Barca & Bayern were thrashing teams right left and centre now see that the only reason this did not happen in the EPL was because we did not have top-end quality teams......Pep is breaking all the league records he set in the other leagues with inferior players to the ones he had at Barca and Bayern. :lol: :lol:
Abeg remind us where Pep was last season?

Pa
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Skylolo wrote:This is how you know a progressive quality Coach has done a good job. You will never hear this question asked about a team "Parking the bus"..

Negative park the bus style football will have its day, but Good football is the best way...long term.
Maybe Pep should've parked the bus after the 4th Madrid goal went in two years ago..
Pa
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

paj wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Abeg remind us where Pep was last season?

Pa
Learning about the EPL, dropping points but clear about the direction he was taking his team....and we see that team today.

Your hero Bourinho on the other hand is looking angry all the time these days :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: why is Pep exposing him like this? :rotf: :rotf:
To God be the glory
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Watching our yeye EPL groupies befuddlement about City is amusing to me. City's level is not new. Problem is we simply don't see that much in the EPL. Very rarely do you see teams as intelligent and slick in their football as a Bayern, Real, Barca, Juve and current PSG. Pep has managed to create that quality in a team in his second citizen and as a result show that the EPL is full
of 'open leg' teams with plenty money.

That said the true test will be when they meet the top quality Euro teams with as much footballing quality and smarts as City. When DeBruyne jams up with Busquet or when PSG or Real play keep away too. We shall then see what City is truly made of.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Good old YUJAM. Still holding the fort. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

YUJAM wrote:Watching our yeye EPL groupies befuddlement about City is amusing to me. City's level is not new. Problem is we simply don't see that much in the EPL. Very rarely do you see teams as intelligent and slick in their football as a Bayern, Real, Barca, Juve and current PSG. Pep has managed to create that quality in a team in his second citizen and as a result show that the EPL is full
of 'open leg' teams with plenty money.

That said the true test will be when they meet the top quality Euro teams with as much footballing quality and smarts as City. When DeBruyne jams up with Busquet or when PSG or Real play keep away too. We shall then see what City is truly made of.
Can't wait :D