Musa to Stoke!?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Musa to Stoke!?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Bell wrote:I'VE NOT THOROUGHLY ANALYZED MUSA, BUT...

...not too long ago, one Victor Moses was considered a burst, couldn't even make the bench for Liverpool. Look where he is today. Sometime its a function of the coach, the style, the environment and/or other circumstances. Who knows what a move could do for Musa?
Bell
I agree. I think Musa is better than his present circumstances. He’s no Eden Hazard, but given a coach that has confidence in him, he still has the goods to do relatively well. If he’s lost his speed, it’s over. But if his speed is still there, Musa is still a decent threat. The way Leicester play, I’m frankly surprised they haven’t given him more of a look. Him and Vardy seem like they can do some damage if in sync
Football is not just about pace. Obafemi Martins always did something with the ball after our-pacing defenders. He did not run into blind alleys.
Like score 2 goals in one WC game? Oh wait, Martins has NEVER scored in the WC proper...
That does not make Musa a good player. One good game.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:

...not too long ago, one Victor Moses was considered a burst, couldn't even make the bench for Liverpool. Look where he is today. Sometime its a function of the coach, the style, the environment and/or other circumstances. Who knows what a move could do for Musa?
Bell
I agree. I think Musa is better than his present circumstances. He’s no Eden Hazard, but given a coach that has confidence in him, he still has the goods to do relatively well. If he’s lost his speed, it’s over. But if his speed is still there, Musa is still a decent threat. The way Leicester play, I’m frankly surprised they haven’t given him more of a look. Him and Vardy seem like they can do some damage if in sync
Football is not just about pace. Obafemi Martins always did something with the ball after our-pacing defenders. He did not run into blind alleys.
Like score 2 goals in one WC game? Oh wait, Martins has NEVER scored in the WC proper...
He's definitely a good player...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:Hopefully, the move works out. I look at Leicester, and I think Musa can add a lot of value there. Yes, he's not a Man City type player, but at Leicester, he can do damage. That he is omitted from entire match squads is a bit ridiculous.

That being said...If Musa cannot get a transfer to a worthy club in January, he really has no business being at the WC. You can't take a player who hasn't played professionally in a whole year +
Musa is not good enough for the Super Eagles. Period!

We will never win anything with these no break, no jam, no sense players! Where are the new set of Finidi’s abeg?
Whether or not Musa has a place in the Super Eagles depends on the talent at our disposal. It was hard to see, for instance, any alternative to Musa in the 2013-2015 timeframe. Now, we have a few more options, and its easy to talk. If Musa moves to Stoke and scores 7 goals by season's end, then I would say he deserves to be in the squad.

Thats our level now? Moving to Stoke and scoring 7 goals??? thats what it takes to make a Nigerian team. We don suffer. :lol: :lol: Whats next? Move to Brighton and Hove and pass the ball 4 times? :rotf:
Yes, that’s our level. Since about 2006. Are you just noticing? Or do you see Nigerian players being considered for Ballon D’Or?? We have an arguable Number 1 goalkeeper playing for Chippa United, and were it not for Leukemia, our number 1 would be playing championship football...With half the season gone, how many goals does Iwobi have? Or Moses?

And you here raising your nose at premier league Stoke. Abeg dress
I DON DRESS! But I am still raising nose. When we have a player who is highest goal scorer in a league last season and leading again, sorry Stoke and any other Her Majesty the Queen's Secret Service is not our level.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Bell
He's definitely a good player...
Leicester disagrees.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^
The same way Chelsea "disagreed" about KDB and a host of other quality players?

Things not working out on one particular team for whatever reason doesn't mean a player in not good.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote:^^
The same way Chelsea "disagreed" about KDB and a host of other quality players?

Things not working out on one particular team for whatever reason doesn't mean a player in not good.
Thought this was common sense, but they hate the guy. Iheanacho must not be a good player either. Neither was Moses when he was getting benched by one loan club and another. Ighalo was no longer good based on his last season in England, or Mikel when he was benched his last season at Chelsea. As long as they perform for SE I'm good, Musa came on vs Argentina and did well and got an assist. He's a decent player for SE and that's all that matters.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Sports, like arts is very subjective. Thus all you 'know-it-alls' who believe Musa is
worthless will join the bandwagon if he can settle in with the right club and coach.
That Leicester City cannot use his talents is no proof that Musa has no quality.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:Hopefully, the move works out. I look at Leicester, and I think Musa can add a lot of value there. Yes, he's not a Man City type player, but at Leicester, he can do damage. That he is omitted from entire match squads is a bit ridiculous.

That being said...If Musa cannot get a transfer to a worthy club in January, he really has no business being at the WC. You can't take a player who hasn't played professionally in a whole year +
Musa is not good enough for the Super Eagles. Period!

We will never win anything with these no break, no jam, no sense players! Where are the new set of Finidi’s abeg?
Whether or not Musa has a place in the Super Eagles depends on the talent at our disposal. It was hard to see, for instance, any alternative to Musa in the 2013-2015 timeframe. Now, we have a few more options, and its easy to talk. If Musa moves to Stoke and scores 7 goals by season's end, then I would say he deserves to be in the squad.

Thats our level now? Moving to Stoke and scoring 7 goals??? thats what it takes to make a Nigerian team. We don suffer. :lol: :lol: Whats next? Move to Brighton and Hove and pass the ball 4 times? :rotf:
Yes, that’s our level. Since about 2006. Are you just noticing? Or do you see Nigerian players being considered for Ballon D’Or?? We have an arguable Number 1 goalkeeper playing for Chippa United, and were it not for Leukemia, our number 1 would be playing championship football...With half the season gone, how many goals does Iwobi have? Or Moses?

And you here raising your nose at premier league Stoke. Abeg dress
I DON DRESS! But I am still raising nose. When we have a player who is highest goal scorer in a league last season and leading again, sorry Stoke and any other Her Majesty the Queen's Secret Service is not our level.
Abeg, how many goals have Iwobi or Moses scored against the opposition that Stoke plays? Your top striker plays in China, and so does your playmaker. Musa is not a #9....7 goals in half a season in one of the big 4 leagues is pretty darn impressive.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

joao wrote:Sports, like arts is very subjective. Thus all you 'know-it-alls' who believe Musa is
worthless will join the bandwagon if he can settle in with the right club and coach.
That Leicester City cannot use his talents is no proof that Musa has no quality.
Yep. In general, sports, being meritocratic, will prop up the best players and discard the worst players. BUT though this works generally, and on average, it doesn't work in all cases. There will be players propped up that aren't worth anything, and there would be pretty good players that don't make it.

I also think that there is a fair amount of good fortune involved in whether a player makes it or not. Career moves matter. If Pellegrini had kept his job, there is a good chance that Nacho would have a lot more minutes and goals for MCFC...and not be sitting on the Leicester bench. I can go on and on....Musa was playing Champions League football in Russia, and wasn't doing too bad. He moves to LCFC and he can't even make match day squads for meaningless league cup games. He's no Hazard, but he's better than that.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ok can the OP change that ! From the title, I keep reading it as stokel
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

At best, Musa will be another Aaron Lenon, Theo Walcott or James Milner. Players like that are not good enough for the Eagles.

If we are serious about winning things, we need players with a little bit more talent than that. Luckily, we have that in the likes of Victor Moses and Henry Onyekuru. I am hoping Bazee, Dessers and Bonaventure prove to be good too.