Musa to Stoke!?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Musa to Stoke!?

Post by niyi »

TheHitman47 wrote:
niyi wrote:^^^

He shouldn't be seeking a move to teams interested in hoofing the ball upfield to a runner. He's not that type of player. Today against City he performed as well as Vardy but the narratives will say something else. The trouble is that some people (fans of small entitled English clubs) get mad when their team doesn't perform well against big teams and it's always easier to scapegoat the new guy. He needs a good environment to reach his potential.

I don't have stats for today's game yet but when I find it I'll compare to my estimation.

In terms of distance covered, I don't think Kelechi covered any less than Vardy.

Dispossession - dispossessed once. Probably same as Vardy

Pass success rate definitely higher.

Chances created definitely higher.

But read Leicester forums and see for yourself. Musa was hounded out in the same manner when he was just as mediocre or even better than some of their players.
We talk about bias from clubs but don't think about our bias as SE fans. He got dispossessed more than once. He wasn't terrible but he wasn't great.

Also unless you can back up your comments with facts please don't post stuff like this. They have sites like who scored and skwaka that you can use to find these stats.
I know about squawka and whoscored. I don't think both sites cover Carabao cup. I don't need the sites to tell me how many times a player was dispossessed though.

I am try to curb my bias and that's why I am looking for hard numbers
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

I just pulled up the whoscored review and Kelechi was the lowest rated player in the match at 5.9.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Found something on whoscored
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12468 ... ester-City

Iheanacho vs Vardy

78% vs 57% .... pass success rate

1 vs 1... tackles

2 vs 3... total shots (no mention of how many was on target)
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

TheHitman47 wrote:I just pulled up the whoscored review and Kelechi was the lowest rated player in the match at 5.9.
Yellow cards impact ratings.

More on the "ratings"

Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

The more important stats would be shots on target, distance covered, chances created etc
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

I'VE NOT THOROUGHLY ANALYZED MUSA, BUT...

...not too long ago, one Victor Moses was considered a burst, couldn't even make the bench for Liverpool. Look where he is today. Sometime its a function of the coach, the style, the environment and/or other circumstances. Who knows what a move could do for Musa?
Bell
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Bell wrote:I'VE NOT THOROUGHLY ANALYZED MUSA, BUT...

...not too long ago, one Victor Moses was considered a burst, couldn't even make the bench for Liverpool. Look where he is today. Sometime its a function of the coach, the style, the environment and/or other circumstances. Who knows what a move could do for Musa?
Bell
Moses had talent but was not using it. Musa can only run!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Bell
MAYBE SO, BUT...

...all the other coaches seemed to have missed it and had essentially given him up for dead.
Bell
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

niyi wrote:Found something on whoscored
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12468 ... ester-City

Iheanacho vs Vardy

78% vs 57% .... pass success rate

1 vs 1... tackles

2 vs 3... total shots (no mention of how many was on target)
Makes sense. I never denied Kelechi's talent but I do think that he is on the decline right now. He needs to find a team that fits him and will play him, even if it is in a lower division.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Hopefully, the move works out. I look at Leicester, and I think Musa can add a lot of value there. Yes, he's not a Man City type player, but at Leicester, he can do damage. That he is omitted from entire match squads is a bit ridiculous.

That being said...If Musa cannot get a transfer to a worthy club in January, he really has no business being at the WC. You can't take a player who hasn't played professionally in a whole year +
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:Hopefully, the move works out. I look at Leicester, and I think Musa can add a lot of value there. Yes, he's not a Man City type player, but at Leicester, he can do damage. That he is omitted from entire match squads is a bit ridiculous.

That being said...If Musa cannot get a transfer to a worthy club in January, he really has no business being at the WC. You can't take a player who hasn't played professionally in a whole year +
Musa is not good enough for the Super Eagles. Period!

We will never win anything with these no break, no jam, no sense players! Where are the new set of Finidi’s abeg?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:Hopefully, the move works out. I look at Leicester, and I think Musa can add a lot of value there. Yes, he's not a Man City type player, but at Leicester, he can do damage. That he is omitted from entire match squads is a bit ridiculous.

We will never win anything with these no break, no jam, no sense players! Where are the new set of Finidi’s abeg?
Whether or not Musa has a place in the Super Eagles depends on the talent at our disposal. It was hard to see, for instance, any alternative to Musa in the 2013-2015 timeframe. Now, we have a few more options, and its easy to talk. If Musa moves to Stoke and scores 7 goals by season's end, then I would say he deserves to be in the squad.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Whether or not Musa has a place in the Super Eagles depends on the talent at our disposal. It was hard to see, for instance, any alternative to Musa in the 2013-2015 timeframe. Now, we have a few more options, and its easy to talk. If Musa moves to Stoke and scores 7 goals by season's end, then I would say he deserves to be in the squad.
(1) Close control
(2) Link up play
(3) Cross field passes
(4) Selling dummies
(5) Backheals
(6) 40 yards passes
(7) Disguising a pass
(8) Scoring from 30 yards out
(9) Anticipating a pass
(10) Intelligent runs

All these are qualities Musa lacks. If you were to score all our wide men in each of these areas, all the following would score higher than Musa in this order:

(1) Victor Moses
(2) Henry Onyekuru
(3) Kelechi Iheanacho
(4) Cyril Dessers
(5) Denis Bonaventure
(6) Noah Bazee
(7) Simon Moses
(8) Anthony Nwakaeme

There is no absolutely no justification for having Musa anywhere near the Eagles. He is not among our top 40 players at the moment.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

You may watch many of the players you've listed, but based on what I've seen in the SE, at least half of your list is unproven at the levels of soccer Musa has played (Champions League, World Cup, AfCon, World Cup Qualification). So I cannot for instance conclude that Nwakaeme is better than Musa. Same for Onyekuru and co.

Musa is definitely match rusty, and that's why a move is critical. But if he wasn't, you'd have to work hard to convince me that half of that list you have there can credibly stake a claim to being better than him coming in from the right.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:You may watch many of the players you've listed, but based on what I've seen in the SE, at least half of your list is unproven at the levels of soccer Musa has played (Champions League, World Cup, AfCon, World Cup Qualification). So I cannot for instance conclude that Nwakaeme is better than Musa. Same for Onyekuru and co.

Musa is definitely match rusty, and that's why a move is critical. But if he wasn't, you'd have to work hard to convince me that half of that list you have there can credibly stake a claim to being better than him coming in from the right.
Raw talent my man. Musa simply does not have it. He is a one dimensional player
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Bell
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bell wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Bell
MAYBE SO, BUT...

...all the other coaches seemed to have missed it and had essentially given him up for dead.
Bell

No one missed it. Moses is extremely talented. Moses' problem is that he is a dumb footballer. The messiah, Antonio Cunte, who came to "save him,' only plays him as a wing back! Why has the messiah not played him as an Attacking midfielder? or winger? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Thats our level now? Moving to Stoke and scoring 7 goals??? thats what it takes to make a Nigerian team. We don suffer. :lol: :lol: Whats next? Move to Brighton and Hove and pass the ball 4 times? :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:You may watch many of the players you've listed, but based on what I've seen in the SE, at least half of your list is unproven at the levels of soccer Musa has played (Champions League, World Cup, AfCon, World Cup Qualification). So I cannot for instance conclude that Nwakaeme is better than Musa. Same for Onyekuru and co.

Sorry bro. Considering you claimed to have "seen" Pogba, yet, you dont even know what position/role he plays, I am sorry, but we cant take your eye seriously. :tic:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Thats our level now? Moving to Stoke and scoring 7 goals??? thats what it takes to make a Nigerian team. We don suffer. :lol: :lol: Whats next? Move to Brighton and Hove and pass the ball 4 times? :rotf:
Yes, that’s our level. Since about 2006. Are you just noticing? Or do you see Nigerian players being considered for Ballon D’Or?? We have an arguable Number 1 goalkeeper playing for Chippa United, and were it not for Leukemia, our number 1 would be playing championship football...With half the season gone, how many goals does Iwobi have? Or Moses?

And you here raising your nose at premier league Stoke. Abeg dress
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bell
I agree. I think Musa is better than his present circumstances. He’s no Eden Hazard, but given a coach that has confidence in him, he still has the goods to do relatively well. If he’s lost his speed, it’s over. But if his speed is still there, Musa is still a decent threat. The way Leicester play, I’m frankly surprised they haven’t given him more of a look. Him and Vardy seem like they can do some damage if in sync
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:

Bell
I agree. I think Musa is better than his present circumstances. He’s no Eden Hazard, but given a coach that has confidence in him, he still has the goods to do relatively well. If he’s lost his speed, it’s over. But if his speed is still there, Musa is still a decent threat. The way Leicester play, I’m frankly surprised they haven’t given him more of a look. Him and Vardy seem like they can do some damage if in sync
Football is not just about pace. Obafemi Martins always did something with the ball after our-pacing defenders. He did not run into blind alleys.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Bell
Football is not just about pace. Obafemi Martins always did something with the ball after our-pacing defenders. He did not run into blind alleys.
Like score 2 goals in one WC game? Oh wait, Martins has NEVER scored in the WC proper...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!