Kelechi 1 vs Man City 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Kelechi 0 vs Man City 1

Post by King Futcha »

almost scores, good save by Bravo.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Who is this Debruyne clone for city?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Man C is very deep this season.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

His team mates are not playing to his strengths
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote:Who is this Debruyne clone for city?
Wetin be the person name abeg ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
oloye wrote:Who is this Debruyne clone for city?
Wetin be the person name abeg ?
Sivenko or so..imagine Debruyne with a left foot
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That Fucks has been playing rubbish for Leicester

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Man city playing their kids and they are making Leicester look like a pub team.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Kelechi vs Man City

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:Kelechi with his carpenter touch robbed of the ball that resulted in the goal
We tend to hype our players a lot but I have watched Kelechi a lot and am appalled at how poor his first touch is. Ask yourselves if he has the quality to play for a top team.

When I look at the neat first touch of Moses, Onyekuru and Ighalo, I cannot justify Kelechi playing for the Super Eagles. We naively praise him for scoring goals but if you keep giving the ball away against top opposition, you will never get scoring chances!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

oloye wrote:Man city playing their kids and they are making Leicester look like a pub team.
Not exactly true. Leicester dominated the last 10 minutes of the first half. Let's be balanced in our commentary abeg.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cally wrote:
oloye wrote:Man city playing their kids and they are making Leicester look like a pub team.
Not exactly true. Leicester dominated the last 10 minutes of the first half. Let's be balanced in our commentary abeg.
10 mins out of 45, down by one goal in front of your own crowd and you accuse me of being unbalanced :lol:

Do you want the stats too Cally? For almost 15mins Leicester could not even get out of their half

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Kelechi's first touch has improved. That was a difficult ball under pressure from one of the twin towers center backs. My problem with him there was he stopped to look for the foul. That allowed Gundoghan to dispossesss him easier. A little more fight could have led Gundo to a slight hesitation.

Other than that mistake, I think Kele had a decent first half. Mangala and Tosin are HUGE and are no slouches on the ground either. It's been a tough match up.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:Kelechi with his carpenter touch robbed of the ball that resulted in the goal
We tend to hype our players a lot but I have watched Kelechi a lot and am appalled at how poor his first touch is. Ask yourselves if he has the quality to play for a top team.

When I look at the neat first touch of Moses, Onyekuru and Ighalo, I cannot justify Kelechi playing for the Super Eagles. We naively praise him for scoring goals but if you keep giving the ball away against top opposition, you will never get scoring chances!
Trust you to jump on this with your agenda-driven rubbish. How many goals has his so-called poor first touch robbed us? how many scoring chances did he deny us during the qualifiers? Did he not score goals during qualifiers? So scoring has now become a bad reason for hype? Msccheeww.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

oloye wrote:
Cally wrote:
10 mins out of 45, down by one goal in front of your own crowd and you accuse me of being unbalanced :lol:
How have Leicester been made to look like a pub team here? Anyways, that's how you see the game.

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Cally wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Trust you to jump on this with your agenda-driven rubbish. How many goals has his so-called poor first touch robbed us? how many scoring chances did he deny us during the qualifiers? Did he not score goals during qualifiers? So scoring has now become a bad reason for hype? Msccheeww.
I thought he was pushed off the ball
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

oloye wrote:
Cally wrote:

Do you want the stats too Cally? For almost 15mins Leicester could not even get out of their half
I watched the first half. City dominated initially, then Leicester grew into the game.

Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Ugbowo wrote:Kelechi's first touch has improved. That was a difficult ball under pressure from one of the twin towers center backs. My problem with him there was he stopped to look for the foul. That allowed Gundoghan to dispossesss him easier. A little more fight could have led Gundo to a slight hesitation.

Other than that mistake, I think Kele had a decent first half. Mangala and Tosin are HUGE and are no slouches on the ground either. It's been a tough match up.
Spot on! Spot on! That definitely made him look bad.

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Cally wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cally wrote:

I watched the first half. City dominated initially, then Leicester grew into the game.
I agree with you Cally. They just needed more confidence on the ball playing out of the back. It slowly came.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gabriel Jesus
Bernado Silva
Yaya Toure
Ikay Gundogan
Danilo
Mangala
Bravo
Zinchenko

Look at all the "kids" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abeg Oloye, no need to make things up, Sir. If a 38 year old Toure is a kid, then dem never born me. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The only worry i have about Kelechi, i question his strength,especially in the lower part of his body. The way he topples over easily takes a lot away from his game. He could have shielded that ball he lost better..

If your movement and pace is poor, then make up for it with body strength, he has the body for that...but his balance seems off for my liking.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cally wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Zambia, Swaziland, Cameroon and Algeria are a different kettle of fish from Croatia, Argentina, Iceland, France and Spain. You can get away with poor touches against lesser teams but at the highest level you will get punished severely for such inability.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cally wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cally wrote:

10 mins out of 45. Is that domination...maybe i need a new meaning for the word dominate. I am not disputing that Leicester did not have their 10 mins, my summation was over the 45mins. Perhaps the stats would help clarify things.

By the way i am praying that Leicester win....

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:The only worry i have about Kelechi, i question his strength,especially in the lower part of his body. The way he topples over easily takes a lot away from his game. He could have shielded that ball he lost better..

If your movement and pace is poor, then make up for it with body strength, he has the body for that...but his balance seems off for my liking.
I just have to bite my tongue when some ignoramuses come here and ask that he be played as targetman. We will get less than 10% of possession if Rohr is dumb enough to even try it.