Kelechi 1 vs Man City 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi 1 vs Man City 1

Post by Coach »

Leic...ermmm, City to win it, paving the way for Beloved to bag the lot.
Last edited by Coach on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Vardy chai
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ITs over Mahrez and Vardy choke ... City advance
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

And the two supermen blew it for Liecester
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Mahrez missed too.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

so you mean the heroes who would come of the bench to save the day, miss, good.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

King Futcha wrote:so you mean the heroes who would come of the bench to save the day, miss, good.
They came off the bench and blew it
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

oloye wrote:That Jesus has been more than poor in this game
It's his birthday season
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Pep seems to like Tosin
Oya back to the matter
open and close
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

I gotta say, Leicester's CB Harry Maguire is very good. Better than some of the English CBs in the top 6 like Smelling and Jones.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Also Kele needs to add more aspects to his game if he wants to make it at this level. If one of our other young Strikers come good his SE spot will be in jeopardy.

I really hope he improves because he has a high ceiling but can only get there with application and improvement on his technical ability.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

TheHitman47 wrote:Also Kele needs to add more aspects to his game if he wants to make it at this level. If one of our other young Strikers come good his SE spot will be in jeopardy.

I really hope he improves because he has a high ceiling but can only get there with application and improvement on his technical ability.
What did he lack today?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

niyi wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:Also Kele needs to add more aspects to his game if he wants to make it at this level. If one of our other young Strikers come good his SE spot will be in jeopardy.

What did he lack today?

Let's be honest, he wasn't at the races. His first touch just isn't there and can be a liability against tougher opposition (Croatia, Argentina, Man City's 1st team), he doesn't have serious pace or the ability to hold the ball up. Without any of those how do you expect him to really be starting for a team. I don't think most teams in Germany or France would want him right now. I think stepping back a level and working his way back up to get fitness and add more to his game is what he needs.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

TheHitman47 wrote:
niyi wrote:

What did he lack today?

Let's be honest, he wasn't at the races. His first touch just isn't there and can be a liability against tougher opposition (Croatia, Argentina, Man City's 1st team), he doesn't have serious pace or the ability to hold the ball up. Without any of those how do you expect him to really be starting for a team. I don't think most teams in Germany or France would want him right now. I think stepping back a level and working his way back up to get fitness and add more to his game is what he needs.
I watched the game and he didn't lose any balls because of a poor first touch.

He wasn't at the races is a very English phrase I'm not familiar with but if it means he didn't put in work then please show me hard stats to show he covered less ground or ran slower than the other players. Visually though, I don't think so. He hounded Mangala, Tosin and Bravo as much as anyone else during the first half.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

niyi wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:
niyi wrote:

What did he lack today?

I watched the game and he didn't lose any balls because of a poor first touch.

He wasn't at the races is a very English phrase I'm not familiar with but if it means he didn't put in work then please show me hard stats to show he covered less ground or ran slower than the other players. Visually though, I don't think so. He hounded Mangala, Tosin and Bravo as much as anyone else during the first half.

When I meant "wasn't at the races" I meant he wasn't 100% fit. It's an American phrase.

As for our boy, I believe in him but he needs to find a club that fits him and lets him play. That's more.important than anything.else.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am just glad we have Wilfred Ndidi. One out of three is not a bad success rate.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Lukas Nmecha and Ayotomiwa Dele-Bashiru..... ok o! :glare:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

King Futcha wrote:
oloye wrote:That Jesus has been more than poor in this game
him and this gray kid(he is better than gray of course) i just don't see it.
Since when did you start hating? BTW how did 'our' boy do, I deliberately stayed away so you can enjoy the game :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Kelechi's form should worry everybody.
Something isn't right with him....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Damunk wrote:Kelechi's form should worry everybody.
It is a lack of playing time and it will get worse - he does not fit with the system in most of the English PL teams. Sadly the team i think he can play for or at least get game time will not buy him...
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

It should. Musa's plight is even more concerning but at least he's likely to make a loan move.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

He'll be ok. He wasn't great today but those using words like "dire" or going on about the first touch are exaggerating and that's me trying to be nice. He is not fully fit yet but he's close. I'm sure he'll show his class once he's fully fit.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I think he has peaked at City, now in decline. As a strker he needs serious feeders which he got plenty at City with Silva. At Leicester, Mahrez is the feeder, but want to score too, plus they tend to want to find Vardy first.