Wicked Wike, the Real WE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Wicked Wike, the Real WE

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Wicked Wike, the Real WE

Post by nemi2002 »

Na wa. Isn't that adokie in the picture with the fake ronaldo
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

nemi2002 wrote:Na wa. Isn't that adokie in the picture with the fake ronaldo
That's him. Also looks like him backing the camera in the other pic.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Nigeria is a lost cause...this is what you get when thugs seize the rein of power.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

oloye wrote:Nigeria is a lost cause...this is what you get when thugs seize the rein of power.
That's about it.

Pictures like these make my skin crawl with so much anger. To have human beings lying and holding your shoe while you strut as if you're a higher mortal. Failed countries where people have no choice but beg for sustenance....
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

When you hear people in the south calling northerners animals, you wonder how the so called superior Nigerians end up with the likes of Wike who turn around to treat them like animals. Ajumobi is doing the same thing to them in Ibadan.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:When you hear people in the south calling northerners animals, you wonder how the so called superior Nigerians end up with the likes of Wike who turn around to treat them like animals. Ajumobi is doing the same thing to them in Ibadan.
My brother, I have friends who are actively campaigning for Atiku for president in 2019. These same friends were campaigning for Buhari and are painfully regretting it. Then I also knew quite a lot of people who were students at Uniben who received 2000 naira for being part of the "2 million man match," in support of Abacha.

No be madness be that so?! Unfortunately, Nigerians dont want to be honest. The biggest stain on Nigeria are its citizens. Not the government or individual rulers. The citizens. WikeD, was elected by the same people lying down on the floor begging him to give them food.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:When you hear people in the south calling northerners animals, you wonder how the so called superior Nigerians end up with the likes of Wike who turn around to treat them like animals. Ajumobi is doing the same thing to them in Ibadan.
My brother, I have friends who are actively campaigning for Atiku for president in 2019. These same friends were campaigning for Buhari and are painfully regretting it. Then I also knew quite a lot of people who were students at Uniben who received 2000 naira for being part of the "2 million man match," in support of Abacha.

No be madness be that so?! Unfortunately, Nigerians dont want to be honest. The biggest stain on Nigeria are its citizens. Not the government or individual rulers. The citizens. WikeD, was elected by the same people lying down on the floor begging him to give them food.
This is not a Wike thing. This is a Nigerian problem.
Folks lie down for Buhari, Tinubu, Govs, Nnamdi Kanu to mention but a few.
Our rulers ( I do not call them leaders) are all shiit for allowing this kind of behaviour.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bouncino wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Our rulers ( I do not call them leaders) are all shiit for allowing this kind of behaviour.
What about the citizens (like the ones danfo driver mentioned above) that tolerate it, encourage it and even partake in it? :idea: :idea: :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Damunk wrote:
bouncino wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

What about the citizens (like the ones danfo driver mentioned above) that tolerate it, encourage it and even partake in it? :idea: :idea: :idea:
I know but if the recipient frowns at it, nobody will do it. But they seem to enjoy and crave it.
Our values have long been eroded.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
bouncino wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:D

You see Bouncino is doing his darndest to ignore the obvious. :lol: Nigerians are the biggest problem in Nigeria.

Watch this from 4:41-7:44.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bouncino wrote:
Damunk wrote:
bouncino wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I know but if the recipient frowns at it, nobody will do it. But they seem to enjoy and crave it.
I am sorry, but who does not enjoy and crave being worshipped. It will be hypocrisy and untruth Sir, if any of us pretend that we wont enjoy it. :lol:

If every Nigeria refuses to lie down on the floor, what do you think will happen? Can they murder all of us? Or they will send their ADC and SSS to start shooting all of us abi? You forget that ADC and SSS's parents and brothers are also one of us. Truth is that the citizens determine what is acceptable. Nigerians just do not want to recognize that fact. Go and watch that Youtube video I just posted to Damunk and see what comedian okey bakassi said bout young Nigerians who are being swindled by Atiku from 4:41-7:44.

I am not old, but I remember Atiku very very very well. I know what he did. And even before I started my profession, I knew for a fact that Atiku was banned from entering the United States. This is public knowledge. So, when you see young people singing the praises of a 71 year old man who was banned from entering the US because he is a criminal, then you have to sit down and weep blood! Nigerians disappointed me with Buhari... I know they will disappoint me again in 2019. The curse of Nigeria is Nigerians.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

The recipients are more likely to be regular people than rulers.
bouncino wrote:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Economic stagnation, chronic unemployment and lack of opportunity will always lead to poor moral values. Side by side, the picture is a prop to demean the governor as proper context is not available. That said, agreed we have rulers not leaders with a subservient populace.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

felarey wrote:Economic stagnation, chronic unemployment and lack of opportunity will always lead to poor moral values. Side by side, the picture is a prop to demean the governor as proper context is not available. That said, agreed we have rulers not leaders with a subservient populace.
Kpom :clap: :clap: :clap: .
The destruction of the 'educated' middle-class by IBB :curse: in the mid-'80s.....................paved the way for this 'poor moral values'.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oloye wrote:Nigeria is a lost cause...this is what you get when thugs seize the rein of power.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

It’s not a lost cause...
But we have a whole lot of work to do.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

danfo driver wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Damunk wrote:
bouncino wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I am sorry, but who does not enjoy and crave being worshipped. It will be hypocrisy and untruth Sir, if any of us pretend that we wont enjoy it. :lol:

If every Nigeria refuses to lie down on the floor, what do you think will happen? Can they murder all of us? Or they will send their ADC and SSS to start shooting all of us abi? You forget that ADC and SSS's parents and brothers are also one of us. Truth is that the citizens determine what is acceptable. Nigerians just do not want to recognize that fact. Go and watch that Youtube video I just posted to Damunk and see what comedian okey bakassi said bout young Nigerians who are being swindled by Atiku from 4:41-7:44.

I am not old, but I remember Atiku very very very well. I know what he did. And even before I started my profession, I knew for a fact that Atiku was banned from entering the United States. This is public knowledge. So, when you see young people singing the praises of a 71 year old man who was banned from entering the US because he is a criminal, then you have to sit down and weep blood! Nigerians disappointed me with Buhari... I know they will disappoint me again in 2019. The curse of Nigeria is Nigerians.
Danfo D,
I see where you are coming from and I can relate to it.
However, the direction and steer in a society is given by the leadership. Let me tell you a small story that left a mark on me.
I retired from Shell.
In the late 1990s, Shell globally took a decision to eliminate class structures. It introduced a first name culture. Your first name was boldly displayed on your ID card.
It was an eye opener. Our Western colleagues embraced it and were happy to be called their first names even the MD in Nigeria but our Nigerian bosses will remind you how and why it was unAfrican to call your seniors by their first names. It is either Oga, Chief, Sir, Lord, Mayor etc and they punished subordinates who dared call them by their first names.
Some of our leaders including Nigerians will stop you and insist you address them as Ron, Mutiu, Demola etc not MD, Oga etc.

Sure the followership will try but real leaders will set the direction.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

felarey wrote:Economic stagnation, chronic unemployment and lack of opportunity will always lead to poor moral values. Side by side, the picture is a prop to demean the governor as proper context is not available. That said, agreed we have rulers not leaders with a subservient populace.
So what accounts for the poor moral values in places like the US?

Let’s not be tempted by a seemingly easy diagnosis..
Have personally been places poorer than Nigeria with better morals.
Last edited by Gotti on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

bouncino wrote:This is not a Wike thing. This is a Nigerian problem.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

zee wrote: Kpom :clap: :clap: :clap: .
The destruction of the 'educated' middle-class by IBB :curse: in the mid-'80s.....................paved the way for this 'poor moral values'.
Since IBB left office almost a quarter of a century ago, exponential growth in the telecommunications, banking/financial services, local content in oil and gas, creative industries, technology and entrepreneurship generally, has generated a middle class far greater and far deeper (as well as far more resilient) than the civil service/public sector-dominated middle class of the IBB (and pre-IBB) era. In fact, globalization, and the easier mobility of skilled labor wrought thereby, has constituted a bigger threat to a critical mass of educated and skilled manpower in Nigeria than anything IBB or Abacha may have done. Nonetheless, suffice it to note that the so-called “educated” class are probably the most primordial rent-seekers in Nigeria.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

@ Gotti. What you are saying is what I was explaining to the son of an Ex-General in the Naija Army. You do a better job of explaining it. I know this is a football forum but I hope he comments.

Naija is a sad sad case. I am still shocked that we don't have a Yugoslavia in our hands.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
zee wrote: Kpom :clap: :clap: :clap: .
Since IBB left office almost a quarter of a century ago, exponential growth in the telecommunications, banking/financial services, local content in oil and gas, creative industries, technology and entrepreneurship generally, has generated a middle class far greater and far deeper (as well as far more resilient) than the civil service/public sector-dominated middle class of the IBB (and pre-IBB) era. In fact, globalization, and the easier mobility of skilled labor wrought thereby, has constituted a bigger threat to a critical mass of educated and skilled manpower in Nigeria than anything IBB or Abacha may have done. Nonetheless, suffice it to note that the so-called “educated” class are probably the most primordial rent-seekers in Nigeria.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I dont even know what to say or do anymore. I am tired.