Wicked Wike, the Real WE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Wicked Wike, the Real WE

Post by felarey »

Gotti wrote:
felarey wrote:Economic stagnation, chronic unemployment and lack of opportunity will always lead to poor moral values. Side by side, the picture is a prop to demean the governor as proper context is not available. That said, agreed we have rulers not leaders with a subservient populace.
So what accounts for the poor moral values in places like the US?

Let’s not be tempted by a seemingly easy diagnosis..
Have personally been places poorer than Nigeria with better morals.
I didn't say those were the only things that lead to poor moral values. But anywhere you have those relatively speaking, they will lead to poor moral values.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gotti wrote:
zee wrote: Kpom :clap: :clap: :clap: .
The destruction of the 'educated' middle-class by IBB :curse: in the mid-'80s.....................paved the way for this 'poor moral values'.
Since IBB left office almost a quarter of a century ago, exponential growth in the telecommunications, banking/financial services, local content in oil and gas, creative industries, technology and entrepreneurship generally, has generated a middle class far greater and far deeper (as well as far more resilient) than the civil service/public sector-dominated middle class of the IBB (and pre-IBB) era. In fact, globalization, and the easier mobility of skilled labor wrought thereby, has constituted a bigger threat to a critical mass of educated and skilled manpower in Nigeria than anything IBB or Abacha may have done. Nonetheless, suffice it to note that the so-called “educated” class are probably the most primordial rent-seekers in Nigeria.
KPOM....this i have been saying for a long time.. Seems like a brand new Nigeria evolved in the last 20 years, one that went backwards in its orientation and attitude, i simply sum it by saying seems like a bunch of aliens took over the country. These bunch of reprobates i cannot recognise as true Nigerians, they are supposed to be educated yet illiterates would be ashamed of their antics, they are supposed to be modern yet they walk about with a mindset mired in the 12th century,they are meant to be civil but they run around like uncouth, starving and raving brutish lunatics!

Look at Adokiye, how does someone like him absolve himself from this madness if he has not for a morsel of the filthy lucre sacrificed all his supposed education to become a boy boy to a thug!..the story of the evolved Nigeria in one pic!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

oloye wrote:
Gotti wrote:
The destruction of the 'educated' middle-class by IBB :curse: in the mid-'80s.....................paved the way for this 'poor moral values'.
Since IBB left office almost a quarter of a century ago, exponential growth in the telecommunications, banking/financial services, local content in oil and gas, creative industries, technology and entrepreneurship generally, has generated a middle class far greater and far deeper (as well as far more resilient) than the civil service/public sector-dominated middle class of the IBB (and pre-IBB) era. In fact, globalization, and the easier mobility of skilled labor wrought thereby, has constituted a bigger threat to a critical mass of educated and skilled manpower in Nigeria than anything IBB or Abacha may have done. Nonetheless, suffice it to note that the so-called “educated” class are probably the most primordial rent-seekers in Nigeria.
KPOM....this i have been saying for a long time.. Seems like a brand new Nigeria evolved in the last 20 years, one that went backwards in its orientation and attitude, i simply sum it by saying seems like a bunch of aliens took over the country. These bunch of reprobates i cannot recognise as true Nigerians, they are supposed to be educated yet illiterates would be ashamed of their antics, they are supposed to be modern yet they walk about with a mindset mired in the 12th century,they are meant to be civil but they run around like uncouth, starving and raving brutish lunatics!

Look at Adokiye, how does someone like him absolve himself from this madness if he has not for a morsel of the filthy lucre sacrificed all his supposed education to become a boy boy to a thug!..the story of the evolved Nigeria in one pic!
You guys are making my point but dicing it another way. IBB started the glorification of crooks (make money by all means syndrome, flaunt it as you want) with no consequences.
I witnessed the destruction of decent middle-class folks that were raising their children on credo that hard work and decency pays in the long run and it's good for the whole society in general.
Since IBB's decadent revolution, I always feel totally depressed anytime I set foot in Nigeria.......the poverty and the arrogance of the FEW 'haves' is so depressing.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
Gotti wrote:

The irony about this Oloye, is that if you read the history of the land that is now called Nigeria (and Africa in general), Nigeria and Nigerians were more "modern" (as in, they behaved in a way that we in present day will consider modern) prior to colonization than we were during and after colonization. I am not one of those who blame the colonizer for our problems, but you look at certain issues and you shake your head: For instance,

When the Portuguese first visited Ubini (Benin Kingdom), They were in awe! They wrote letters to their king saying that they have found a place more advanced than Portugal! They had never seen street lighting until they came to Ubini. They had never seen paved roads until they came to Ubini. They had never seen such an effective military defense system (the moat), until they came to Ubini. And, they had never seen such a well structured administrative system, until they came to Ubini. They wrote to their king, saying they have seen "The Great Benin Kingdom."

You move on to things like feminism. Women's leadership and women's role in what we now call the political system. Women were administrative heads and in some places, a woman was the leader/queen. Women also had the right to select leadership (vote) and women could enlist in combat in the military. These are things many countries, like the US and Great Britain could not boast of until 1929, the 1970s and as recent as the mid-1990s. We did it as far back as the 11th century and earlier.

Several African societies were matriarchal, with the husbands moving into their wives homes, without uproar or cultural warfare erupting.

It was also the British that bought the rule about a married woman taking permission from her husband and receiving his signature, before she could obtain a passport to travel.

Even as recent as the Civil War, Biafra and Nigeria created their own weapons. Are we doing the same today?

I can go on with further examples, but you are right. We have become more educated, but more primitive than those who came before us.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?