Analysis on EPL Midfielders - Checkout Ndidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet
Analysis on EPL Midfielders - Checkout Ndidi

Post by analyzer »

Ran into this on a CFC fan site. A bit of humor in it but some strong praise for Ndidi. Some Xhaka's stats to fuel more Arsenal debate.. :taunt: :taunt: . Pogba na Big man football :lol: :lol:

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com ... -18-so-far

Some of quotes from the article
Some teams have more players on here than others, be it due to rotation or injury. That's okay. I tried to pick a nice balance of metrics, that are both fairly sound and realistic reviews of midfield playing performance:

Shots, Shots on Target, Goals, and some analytic combinations of these
Assists, Key Passes, and General passing metrics
Tackles, Aerials, Interceptions, Fouls
Times Fouled, Dribbles
Aerials - Everyone point at Dembele and laugh. 0 for 8? Coutinho is almost as bad with 1 for 6. And poor little Kante and Cesc. I'm sorry, but if Silva can be at 57.9%, so can they.
:lol: :lol:
Tackles - Yeah, I'm calling out Pogba here. I don't care if he's only got 684 minutes. And I don't care if he's been successful 4 of every 5 times. He's playing like a matador out there. I mean, look at Ndidi, for example. 120 attempted tackles? Wow. Kante with 78 attempts. Even Fabregas has 55 attempts (holy sh*t, right?). Pogba's playing the pretty-boy role, and needs to get a bit dirty.
:lol: :lol:
Fouls - Is anyone surprised that Xhaka, Gueye, and Ndidi lead in fouls? I know I'm not.
Ndidi, Gueye, Kante. Tackle, Tackle, Tackle. Navigating the pitch with efficiency, chewing up attacking players like Pac-Dots.
Is anyone else surprised at Fernandinho's Aerials number? 46/82? Seriously? Ndidi, too, with 57/93. Dier I get, but those two? Boggled.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Analysis on EPL Midfielders - Checkout Ndidi

Post by analyzer »

Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That Ndidi boy is a machine! How long Leicester can keep him for is a matter for debate. If he covers himself in glory at the mundial,i am sorry Leicester better start hunting for a replacement.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

oloye wrote:That Ndidi boy is a machine! How long Leicester can keep him for is a matter for debate. If he covers himself in glory at the mundial,i am sorry Leicester better start hunting for a replacement.
The guy is both an offensive and defensive lynchpin for Leicester. Its so crazy how Leicester plays...it almost feels unfair. They really don't have any dedicated attacking midfield...they have box to box midfielders and fast forwards.

If the mundial works out for Ndidi, Leicester should lose all hope of keeping him. They'll make a pretty penny though.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Once again, Paul Pogba is a number 10. No amount of bigotry can change that. Simply because a man is black and tall does not make him a defensive midfielder. You guys can cry all you like, Pogba will remain a number 10. O pa ri o! :D

And oh! Ndidi, our best midfielder. Hands down! We are lucky!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ndidi or Mikel who’s more indispensable and valuable to Nigeria?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:Once again, Paul Pogba is a number 10. No amount of bigotry can change that. Simply because a man is black and tall does not make him a defensive midfielder. You guys can cry all you like, Pogba will remain a number 10. O pa ri o! :D

No 10??? That's news to me. I admit I haven't watched a lot of Man U this year, but I watched him prior to this year, and I daresay, if he's a Number 10, so is Onazi. Standards have apparently changed.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Once again, Paul Pogba is a number 10. No amount of bigotry can change that. Simply because a man is black and tall does not make him a defensive midfielder. You guys can cry all you like, Pogba will remain a number 10. O pa ri o! :D

No 10??? That's news to me. I admit I haven't watched a lot of Man U this year, but I watched him prior to this year, and I daresay, if he's a Number 10, so is Onazi. Standards have apparently changed.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You should never have said the highlighted. :lol: :lol: In fact, prior to joining United, he played as a number 10 all the time. This is a fact! Not even up for debate, because the fact is out there!

Initially, in a 3-5-2, Juve's midfield was:

-----------------Pirlo----------------

---------Vidal------------------------

---------------------------Pogba-----

----------ST----------ST------------

With Allegri, after they lost Vidal and Pirlo:

---------Khedira-------Machisio--------

----------------Pogba----------------

---------ST ---------------ST -------

At United last season:

--------------Carrick---------------

------Herrerra----------------------

--------------------Pogba----------

This Season:

he hasnt played much. But at the beginning of the season, he played as a number 6

-------------Matic-------------------

---------------------------Pogba-----

Like I said, Paul has always been a number 10. That is his natural position right from when he was a child. No amount of bigotry or lack of knowledge will change the FACT! :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

john12 wrote:Ndidi or Mikel who’s more indispensable and valuable to Nigeria?
Who cares! I am sorry John,but why must this sort of question come up all the time? Seriously i fear people who always feel there is a need to compare..both ,infact all the players are indispensable.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:

Hi Sir, what position is Pogba playing today? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

If you watch Leicester, and like I've said above, you may be tempted to conclude that Ndidi is a playmaker....But he's not. It doesn't matter where Jose puts him on the field...The Pogba I've seen ain't no Number 10....Box to Box, more like it. Defensive - like Viera - okay. But playmaker? Naah....I don't see it.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

If you watch Leicester, and like I've said above, you may be tempted to conclude that Ndidi is a playmaker....But he's not. It doesn't matter where Jose puts him on the field...The Pogba I've seen ain't no Number 10....Box to Box, more like it. Defensive - like Viera - okay. But playmaker? Naah....I don't see it.
You can keep fighting this thing. Not gonna change the fact! :rotf: :rotf: First off, Pogba is ABSOLUTELY DIFFERENT from Ndidi or Vieira. There is not comparison in their game, actually.

You may not see it, but everyone else does. Especially his coaches at Le Havre, United, Juventus and United again. He has LITERALLY been a number 10 ALL HIS CAREER, SINCE HE WAS A CHILD. You are probably watching another player. :rotf:

P.s-- see these two videos to help you. This is the player I am talking about when I say "Pogba," just in case we are not referring to the same person

[/video]

[/video]
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oh! by the way, a playmaker does not = number 10. You can be a playmaker and play in any position. I have seen playmakers play:

CB - Rafa Marquez, Pique
LB - Roberto Carlos
RB - Alves, Cafu
DM - Pirlo, Veratti, Weigl
CM - Modric, Tiago
LM - Modric at Spurs
ST - Messi (under Pep)

etc etc.. I can name more.Playmaker just means that the team's attacking strategy flows through that player.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

For me, Ndidi is like a tall version of Kante. Dude is in Oppositions business and face all through the game. No one is spared as far as you have the ball, and have gone past your half of the pitch. I doubt if he'll be in Liecster next season.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:oh! by the way, a playmaker does not = number 10. You can be a playmaker and play in any position. I have seen playmakers play:

CB - Rafa Marquez, Pique
LB - Roberto Carlos
RB - Alves, Cafu
CM - Modric, Tiago
LM - Modric at Spurs
ST - Messi (under Pep)

etc etc.. I can name more.Playmaker just means that the team's attacking strategy flows through that player.
This is quite a silly point in light of what we were debating. A playmaker can wear #70, so we certainly weren’t arguing about whether Pogba wears 10 or not. We were, at least I was, arguing about whether or not he was a playmaker...and “No 10” is colloquially synonymous with that.

On the original point...tell me, in the last World Cup, who was the France playmaker? Pogba or Payet?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:oh! by the way, a playmaker does not = number 10. You can be a playmaker and play in any position. I have seen playmakers play:

CB - Rafa Marquez, Pique
LB - Roberto Carlos
RB - Alves, Cafu
CM - Modric, Tiago
LM - Modric at Spurs
ST - Messi (under Pep)

This is quite a silly point in light of what we were debating. A playmaker can wear #70, so we certainly weren’t arguing about whether Pogba wears 10 or not. We were, at least I was, arguing about whether or not he was a playmaker...and “No 10” is colloquially synonymous with that.

On the original point...tell me, in the last World Cup, who was the France playmaker? Pogba or Payet?
Yes, Indeed, I wasnt referring to his shirt number nor was I referring to whether he is a playmaker (HE IS). I was referring to his position on the pitch, and yes, he is AN ATTACKING MIDFIELDER, not a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER.

Since he was a child at Le Havre, he has always been an Attacking Midfielder/Playmaker. No amount of bigotry or lack of knowledge can change that.

Please, go and watch the videos I provided. You can clearly see his role and position in those videos. This back and forth is a bit tedious. I am sure you will agree?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

CB - Rafa Marquez, Pique
LB - Roberto Carlos
RB - Alves, Cafu
CM - Modric, Tiago
LM - Modric at Spurs
ST - Messi (under Pep)

Yes, Indeed, I wasnt referring to his shirt number nor was I referring to whether he is a playmaker (HE IS). I was referring to his position on the pitch, and yes, he is AN ATTACKING MIDFIELDER, not a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER.

Since he was a child at Le Havre, he has always been an Attacking Midfielder/Playmaker. No amount of bigotry or lack of knowledge can change that.

Please, go and watch the videos I provided. You can clearly see his role and position in those videos. This back and forth is a bit tedious. I am sure you will agree?
Bros, playmakers are hard to find. Real ones are in fact rare, and not all teams play with a dedicated playmaker. Or I would say, I wouldn't classify 70% of AMs I see as playmakers. You can't look at someone's position on the field and say they are a playmaker just simply because they are a non-defensive midfielder.

Let me ask the simple question again because, you know, na this time Apollo dey hit people. Last world cup, who was the playmaker for France? Payet or Pogba?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

CB - Rafa Marquez, Pique
LB - Roberto Carlos
RB - Alves, Cafu
CM - Modric, Tiago
LM - Modric at Spurs
ST - Messi (under Pep)

Bros, playmakers are hard to find. Real ones are in fact rare, and not all teams play with a dedicated playmaker. Or I would say, I wouldn't classify 70% of AMs I see as playmakers. You can't look at someone's position on the field and say they are a playmaker just simply because they are a non-defensive midfielder.

Let me ask the simple question again because, you know, na this time Apollo dey hit people. Last world cup, who was the playmaker for France? Payet or Pogba?
I saw your question and ignored it. You should answer all the ones I have asked you and then I will answer yours.

In the meantime, go and watch those videos and perhaps you can see the position of Pogba in his career, from Juve to Man United. YOu can also go to Le Havre fan forum and ask them where Pogba started. Like I said, all through his career, he has been an AM/playmaker. FACT not FICTION. I am actually quite bemused by your argument. :lol: :lol:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

CB - Rafa Marquez, Pique
LB - Roberto Carlos
RB - Alves, Cafu
CM - Modric, Tiago
LM - Modric at Spurs
ST - Messi (under Pep)

I saw your question and ignored it. You should answer all the ones I have asked you and then I will answer yours.

In the meantime, go and watch those videos and perhaps you can see the position of Pogba in his career, from Juve to Man United. YOu can also go to Le Havre fan forum and ask them where Pogba started. Like I said, all through his career, he has been an AM/playmaker. FACT not FICTION. I am actually quite bemused by your argument. :lol: :lol:
:) Bros, you don't answer because you can't square the answer with the point you're making. We have one world cup in Pogba's belt, and he wasn't a playmaker. That was pretty clear.

I looked at your prior questions and you asked only one. What positions is Pogba playing today? Like I said in my original post, I haven't watched Man U since Pogba got back from injury...but I watched him last year, and he wasnt no playmaker. That was the only question you asked before I asked the Pogba/Payet one...so over to you. Feel free to answer
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

CB - Rafa Marquez, Pique
LB - Roberto Carlos
RB - Alves, Cafu
CM - Modric, Tiago
LM - Modric at Spurs
ST - Messi (under Pep)

:) Bros, you don't answer because you can't square the answer with the point you're making. We have one world cup in Pogba's belt, and he wasn't a playmaker. That was pretty clear.

I looked at your prior questions and you asked only one. What positions is Pogba playing today? Like I said in my original post, I haven't watched Man U since Pogba got back from injury...but I watched him last year, and he wasnt no playmaker. That was the only question you asked before I asked the Pogba/Payet one...so over to you. Feel free to answer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: if that is your analysis, I am sorry bro but we have reached an impasse. :rotf: my analysis backed with evidence is sufficient for anyone interested in the truth. Have a pleasant evening. :D

P.s- FACT! Pogba was a playmaker last season for Man United. Herrera/Carrick played behind him, with fellaini rotating with them. I saw ALL their games.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@deanotito please no dey debate with Danfo, he is right about Pogba am surprise he did not expose you.
Payet did not make France world cup squad in 2014.So how do you come up with who was the playmaker.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

kajifu wrote:@deanotito please no dey debate with Danfo, he is right about Pogba am surprise he did not expose you.
Payet did not make France world cup squad in 2014.So how do you come up with who was the playmaker.
That really was my bad. I was thinking Euro 2016. I had watched them in that tourney and mixed it up with Brazil 14. My error. My bad. Same question though.

It was indisputable that the most advanced of France' midfielders in 2016 was Payet...and Pogba was on the field. So who was the playmaker?
Last edited by deanotito on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

CB - Rafa Marquez, Pique
LB - Roberto Carlos
RB - Alves, Cafu
CM - Modric, Tiago
LM - Modric at Spurs
ST - Messi (under Pep)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: if that is your analysis, I am sorry bro but we have reached an impasse. :rotf: my analysis backed with evidence is sufficient for anyone interested in the truth. Have a pleasant evening. :D

P.s- FACT! Pogba was a playmaker last season for Man United. Herrera/Carrick played behind him, with fellaini rotating with them. I saw ALL their games.
I have told you that simply putting someone in an attacking position in the midfield does not a playmaker make. I see you see it different. That's like saying Etebo is a playmaker...or dare I say, Fellaini, who you also mention. In 2014 or in 2016, Pogba did not fulfill that role for France. It does not mean he wasn't offensive or that he didn't initiate any attacks. Saying that he is a playmaker, and that the only reason he is not counted as such is bigotry, is your opinion. Does not make it true.

Clubs play differing systems, and a majority of them have devised systems that do not utilize playmakers - because playmakers are rare.
Last edited by deanotito on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.