This people are going to kill the game we love

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
This people are going to kill the game we love

Post by danfo driver »

Alvaro Morata booked tonight for putting the ball under his shirt to celebrate his wife’s pregnancy after scoring a goal. He's now suspended for Chelsea's game with Everton on Saturday.

The game has most certainly gone.
you remove shirt, card

you celebrate with crowd, card

now this?

Are this people angry when they see excitement? Not to mention giving a card for

showing frustration

being animated to referee

na wa o. These people want an emotionless game, clearly.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: This people are going to kill the game we love

Post by kajifu »

I hope this is only in EPL not world football.
So how many games he will be suspended.I hope this is not true
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Looking forward to the celebratory double somersaults that’s now a patented SE way of celebrating goals at the wc. Sadly, only Simon Moses does somersaults anymore, hopefully they won’t card that.

Big ups to Aghahowa for the best SE somersaults at the wc.

[/video]

Wait o. Has any other SE done the somersaults after scoring at the wc?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Nor be everybody sabi somersault o.
Aghahowa, Martins, Babayaro on the SE level.
Then some junior players I can't recall.

But we've had some pretty original goal celebrations sha.

'The Amokachi Shuffle':

Babayaro's 'Headless Chicken': (my personal favourite)

and this 'Holy Spirit Anointing':

are some of the most impressive I've seen anywhere.

Am I right in saying Roger Miller was responsible for bringing these post-goal celebrations into the modern game?

WHAT WOULD FOOTBALL BE LIKE WITHOUT THE MODERN GOAL CELEBRATIONS? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Alvaro Morata booked tonight for putting the ball under his shirt to celebrate his wife’s pregnancy after scoring a goal. He's now suspended for Chelsea's game with Everton on Saturday.

you remove shirt, card

now this?

Are this people angry when they see excitement? Not to mention giving a card for

showing frustration

Bloody killjoys.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Kai... how times have changed. This Finidi' celebration would likely get him tossed out.
[/video]
Wow! The 94 SE will probably be the most influential SE team ever, even if we win the wc.
I remember watching this game live as a youngster. Without hie 94 team I doubt they'll be a CE.
Thanks for the memories! :atc:
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I honestly don’t understand cards given for celebration. It’s a solution in search of a problem
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

danfo driver wrote:

you remove shirt, card

now this?

showing frustration

Lol. E b like say u r not sure when to use " this" or " these." This is singular while these is plural....lol
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

highbury wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

you remove shirt, card

now this?

showing frustration

Lol. E b like say u r not sure when to use " this" or " these." This is singular while these is plural....lol
Hehe.. my brother, you no see how life be? Even with my struggle with the English language, the tax plan that was released yesterday is still going to significantly increase my income and provide me with outrageous tax breaks! :clap: :clap: :D GodWin :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

danfo driver wrote:
highbury wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

you remove shirt, card

now this?

showing frustration

Hehe.. my brother, you no see how life be? Even with my struggle with the English language, the tax plan that was released yesterday is still going to significantly increase my income and provide me with outrageous tax breaks! :clap: :clap: :D GodWin :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Good for you.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Kai... how times have changed. This Finidi' celebration would likely get him tossed out.
[/video]
Wow! The 94 SE will probably be the most influential SE team ever, even if we win the wc.
I remember watching this game live as a youngster. Without hie 94 team I doubt they'll be a CE.
:agree:

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Igaho picked up a yellow for displaying 'I love Jesus' on his undershirt. A lot of these celebrations are done instinctively in the spur of the moment, you just can't legislate for this kind of behaviour. Aguro yanking his shirt for scoring in the 92nd minute to win Manchester City the title, I mean come on...
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mr Shows wrote:Igaho picked up a yellow for displaying 'I love Jesus' on his undershirt. A lot of these celebrations are done instinctively in the spur of the moment, you just can't legislate for this kind of behaviour. Aguro yanking his shirt for scoring in the 92nd minute to win Manchester City the title, I mean come on...
Imagine.
One of the most dramatic moments in football history for many of us and people don't want them to go crazy?
If anything, football is about the human drama and emotion. :thumb:
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Igaho picked up a yellow for displaying 'I love Jesus' on his undershirt. A lot of these celebrations are done instinctively in the spur of the moment, you just can't legislate for this kind of behaviour. Aguro yanking his shirt for scoring in the 92nd minute to win Manchester City the title, I mean come on...
Imagine.
One of the most dramatic moments in football history for many of us and people don't want them to go crazy?
If anything, football is about the human drama and emotion. :thumb:
Referees should be allowed to use their discretion and only book when celebrations are aimed at inciting the crowd (which could put lives in danger on the terraces) or it is outright offensive (like a Hitler salute) EOS.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Looking forward to the celebratory double somersaults that’s now a patented SE way of celebrating goals at the wc. Sadly, only Simon Moses does somersaults anymore, hopefully they won’t card that.

Big ups to Aghahowa for the best SE somersaults at the wc.

[/video]

Wait o. Has any other SE done the somersaults after scoring at the wc?

Did I see Yobo do what JJ could not do at 3 WCs, i.e, register an assist? Oya, 1Naija, carry ya big belle come address this matter.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Some of you guys are insensitive.

Former FIFA head, Sepp Blatter, said taking your shirt off is offensive to some cultures.
Well exposing your a55 in celebration (Summersaulting), is offensive to some of us. :tic: :P
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Just read that Morata was yellow-carded because he kicked the ball away while in an argument with the opponent's RB.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Kai... how times have changed. This Finidi' celebration would likely get him tossed out.
[/video]
I wanted to become a footballer because of them, I practised everyday in my backyard. But unlike Iheanacho and co that defied their parents to play football, I just hit the books.

So yeah, I know exactly how influential they are. I am here because of them. They changed my entire life.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

When was the last time we had the Eagles come up with a goal celebration we enjoyed? I hope they practise this in the run-up to Russia 2018.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

[/video]

See counter. :clap: and Finidi's heavy touch.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

But the above is not one of them is it?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

balo wrote:Just read that Morata was yellow-carded because he kicked the ball away while in an argument with the opponent's RB.
The original post is more entertaining, we don't care about the truth :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:Just read that Morata was yellow-carded because he kicked the ball away while in an argument with the opponent's RB.
GUYS SEE UPDATE FROM BALO

Thanks for clarifying, Balo. Found the original quote on twitter. Although, I'd assume your clarification doesn't change the spirit of the conversation in this thread?