EL CLASSICO 2017: (0-3)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EL CLASSICO 2017: (0-3)

Post by Coach »

^Mikel "Only one bleeding" Arteta.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I know every coach has odd one or two players that everyone sees as hopeless and detrimental to the cause except the gaffer, but this loyalty to a total clown like Benzema will lead to zizou’s downfall.

Even Chelshyt isn’t as ruthless as Madrid when it comes to firing coaches and Zidane has a big target on his back .:.. this is so poor right now
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

anikulapo wrote:I know every coach has odd one or two players that everyone sees as hopeless and detrimental to the cause except the gaffer, but this loyalty to a total clown like Benzema will lead to zizou’s downfall.

Even Chelshyt isn’t as ruthless as Madrid when it comes to firing coaches and Zidane has a big target on his back .:.. this is so poor right now
You thought only Africans could be tribalists? Well, Zizou is my guy, but the guy is a serious tribalist. :mad:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Zidane is in big trouble .... instead of going out and buying a real striker he continued his misplaced loyalty to Benzema

He should come to Arsenal...he will get a 30-yr contract.
Sheef, biko kwe ke ("abeg o," in Wawarian). Please don't be using yokes to tempt fate. Benzema belongs at West Brom or Bournemouth biko.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ohsee wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I know every coach has odd one or two players that everyone sees as hopeless and detrimental to the cause except the gaffer, but this loyalty to a total clown like Benzema will lead to zizou’s downfall.

You thought only Africans could be tribalists? Well, Zizou is my guy, but the guy is a serious tribalist. :mad:

Nah this is plain stupidity
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Zidane is in big trouble .... instead of going out and buying a real striker he continued his misplaced loyalty to Benzema

Who will pay for or approve the contract? :rotf:
Those true goons renewing sesason tickets and charging glasses. Zidane (aka congrats to my man) would be a good call, but one would imagine, after France fail (hopefully not) in Russia, he'll be summoned to the Versailles. Vieira is what Beloved needs. Not wanting to steer discourse away from the necessary post-Classico congratulations to my man Zidane, but the game has changed, the technical areas are closer than ever before and its going off in the tunnels. Arteta was bleeding last week, how can one expect to command a soldier's attention, when, you're the first casualty of war. Brigadier General would've been the first man in and last man standing. Zidane has shown #materazzi, that he's up for it and there's a body of evidence which shows he has a decent amount in him, the question is, is it enough?
:D :D :D
See as Coachito jos dey yab me. :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

anikulapo wrote:
ohsee wrote:

Nah this is plain stupidity
Kpom. That's what tribalism looks like to the non-tribalist.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EL CLASSICO 2017: (0-0)

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:@Mazi Ohsee, when you're ready, if the audience could be addressed re: Oga Zidane. Is that 14 points adrift and a walloping at home? As was argued in the Zidane thread, he'll be fired in due time.
:D
I'm sure he will be fired in due course. But let us not forget what he has done so far. :thumbs:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EL CLASSICO 2017: (pre-game)

Post by Undertaker »

Tbite wrote:Hala Madrid.

Madrid is trash dude! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Sheef, biko kwe ke ("abeg o," in Wawarian). Please don't be using yokes to tempt fate. Benzema belongs at West Brom or Bournemouth biko.

Its a measure of understanding that on CE Benzema is rated so lowly. Not many strikers can thrive in his role in the center of an attacking trio at Madrid. It is his movement and passing that knits it all together at the top end of Madrid's attack.

Does he miss chances? Absolutely! Many miss chances...But he does score quite a few and has done so for years and thru multiple managers.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Meanwhile, cracking scenes at the Alianz Stadium in Turin...

Best league in Europe atm
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EL CLASSICO 2017: (0-0)

Post by Undertaker »

bouncino wrote:Has anybody checked on Aniks? Is he too pained to update scores?

IF HE DIES HE DIES!!!!!!!!! He is probably somewhere he landed after jumping from a tall building! Visa Barcelona!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I just pray Croatia play like this whem we meet them. No defensive cover at all. Barca like basically strolled into their 18 to score their 1st goal. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

bret- hart wrote:I just pray Croatia play like this whem we meet them. No defensive cover at all. Barca like basically strolled into their 18 to score their 1st goal. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Brett, Rakitic and Perisic actually provided excellent cover. Both are among the fittest of players, doing a lot of dirty work, running the entire game. Croatia if anything will try to play more like the Barcelona midfield.

It's no guarantee, of course, but I believe this is how we can unlock Nigeria.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?