Hope this bites Croatia back...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Hope this bites Croatia back...

Post by truetalk »

Odas wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Some of una funny, so you expect the fans to become cowards likenuna..let them talk ..una sef dey talk any how here..that bot Ayo even carry him head go them forum dey boast a d dey yab dem....
Dis na why you for come Naija to take JAMB and WAEC instead of that GED from your Houston high school.

It is one thing for fans to talk and boast; It is a completely different thing for the boasting and yapping to be coming from the coach.

Remember Colombia and Francisco Maturana in 1994. That might just be their experience.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Bigpokey24 has no sense at all. He boasts of having a Community College degree after being in the USA for 40 years and sees nothing wrong with it. Worst still, he claims to have "critical thinking skills." :rotf: :rotf:

High Chief Odas, I actually need to apologize to BigPokey here.

I thought it was the Croatian National team coach that made the statement, but it was some WOWO Croatian journeyman who was a former assistant coach of the Rwandan junior side. That makes him a fan like either one of us.

He can shove his opinion .......
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Truetalk

First off I no ever take GED :rotf: now that was funny , kai I remember how dem dey use GED yab folks in the 90s for houston..2nd off all I no get degree from community college, community college dey give associates. .kai.. anyways let dem croatian abi Croats yarn as dem like..una too dey whale over football results. ...Christmas is around go chop jollof
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

chuks69 wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
marutimon wrote:Such overconfidence usually brings about downfall with regards to Balkan sides. They always badmouth their opposition and then fail miserably.
''It's probably quite enough, but as a team I do not think they have world-class quality. Why do I say that? They have too many players with the same characteristics.

''They can not beat Croatia. Not in one segment of the game. Neither technical, tactical, nor organizational, nor in any sense. ''

''The only way they can outsmart us is if they threaten us from the counterattack because they have such players, quick, fast.

''We have to hold the ball, wait and play our organized football because we are better, disciplined, stronger on the ball, better one on one.''
For one thing none of their players are better on the ball than Mikel, save for Modric. And we'll see about being more disciplined. And I think Nigeria are better, more disciplined, better one to one and for the most part stronger on the ball save for players like Ndidi. But also Croatia has no destroyer.
Like we used to say in the past, "until the ball bounces".

I hope they enter the game that confident.

You are not appointed winners... you earn it!

They should beat us... they are expected to beat us. They are ranked higher than us... why won't they be confident about beating a team they should beat?

...until the ball bounces! :P
Agree with Chairman.

They have 2 midfielders that just started El-Classico.
Their coach says the only remote danger we could possibly pose to them is on the counter.
We have the worst FIFA ranking of all World Cup team outside of Russia and Saudi Arabia.

We should be soft work for them.

(Betting on us to trash them anyway. They won't know what hit them)
Actually 3 MFs starting the El Classico, Mateo Kovacic, Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic..
I don't see anything too special about these players. Moses, Mikel, and Ndidi can fit in the Barcelona team. Make Cautinho go Barcelona and see the way he go shine.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Spain said the same thing in 1998
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Anyone who has been watching Real lately knows Modric is past it.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Most organised European sides will beat nigeria, this includes croatia, nigeria struggles against these types of opposition
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

marko wrote:Most organised European sides will beat nigeria, this includes croatia, nigeria struggles against these types of opposition
When has Nigeria struggled against 'organised European sides'?

In 1994 vs Greece and Bulgaria (2 wins)?
In 1998 vs Spain and Bulgaira (2 wins)?
In 2002 vs England (1 draw)?
In 2010 vs Bosnia (1 win)?

Nigeria has lost to the following European sides at the World Cup:
Italy in 1994 - after dominating the Italians and Roberto Baggio single handedly bringing Italy from the brink with a mix of individual brilliance and football cunning.
Denmark in 1998 - Nigeria's biggest World Cup disgrace, albeit not helped by changeroom sheenanigans.
Sweden in 2002 - a close fought game with Sweden edging out a win.
Greece in 2010 - Nigeria self-destructing via Sani Kaita after having Greece on the ropes, no one will convince me Kaita didn't sell the game.
France in 2014 - better than France with the referee doing everything possible to forcefeed France to the 1/4 final.

Nigeria has always played good vs European opposition, save for the Denmark disgrace. Even when they lose they do so barely, but they've posted impressive wins vs very well organised Greece and Bulgaria teams. And Bulgaria in the 1990s was way stronger than the current Croatia outfit.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Some fans are shooting their mouths off. Nigerians and Croatians minimally share this in common.

:)

As I posted before, the Croatian coaches and staff are being reserved, respectful, and cautious. They know Nigeria can beat us. Especially if our players get overconfident, which has cost us often enough.

The game will come down to the midfield. If Croatia can maintain possession, we should get more scoring chances. With the Super-Eagles playing opportunistic counter-attack. It will come down to the real details...namely, taking your scoring chances.

We will see.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?