Hope this bites Croatia back...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marutimon
Egg
Egg
Hope this bites Croatia back...

Post by marutimon »

Such overconfidence usually brings about downfall with regards to Balkan sides. They always badmouth their opposition and then fail miserably.
''It's probably quite enough, but as a team I do not think they have world-class quality. Why do I say that? They have too many players with the same characteristics.

''They can not beat Croatia. Not in one segment of the game. Neither technical, tactical, nor organizational, nor in any sense. ''

''The only way they can outsmart us is if they threaten us from the counterattack because they have such players, quick, fast.

''We have to hold the ball, wait and play our organized football because we are better, disciplined, stronger on the ball, better one on one.''
For one thing none of their players are better on the ball than Mikel, save for Modric. And we'll see about being more disciplined. And I think Nigeria are better, more disciplined, better one to one and for the most part stronger on the ball save for players like Ndidi. But also Croatia has no destroyer.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Hope this bites Croatia back...

Post by 100%Naija »

What are you on about? They like their chances vs us so what's the big deal? Abeg much ado about nothing.

And please post the link to the source..
Last edited by 100%Naija on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

It's all about building up yourself, optimism by talking up your strengths, chances and qualities. Talking can only serve your ego. The proof is in the pudding.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

To be honest, the opinion held is irrelevant. It will be down to the two teams that show up on the day and how prepared they are. Both teams are capable of getting a result. One I know for sure is that Rohr and the boys will be ready.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

marutimon wrote:Such overconfidence usually brings about downfall with regards to Balkan sides. They always badmouth their opposition and then fail miserably.
''It's probably quite enough, but as a team I do not think they have world-class quality. Why do I say that? They have too many players with the same characteristics.

''They can not beat Croatia. Not in one segment of the game. Neither technical, tactical, nor organizational, nor in any sense. ''

''The only way they can outsmart us is if they threaten us from the counterattack because they have such players, quick, fast.

''We have to hold the ball, wait and play our organized football because we are better, disciplined, stronger on the ball, better one on one.''
For one thing none of their players are better on the ball than Mikel, save for Modric. And we'll see about being more disciplined. And I think Nigeria are better, more disciplined, better one to one and for the most part stronger on the ball save for players like Ndidi. But also Croatia has no destroyer.
Like we used to say in the past, "until the ball bounces".

I hope they enter the game that confident.

You are not appointed winners... you earn it!

They should beat us... they are expected to beat us. They are ranked higher than us... why won't they be confident about beating a team they should beat?

...until the ball bounces! :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:
marutimon wrote:Such overconfidence usually brings about downfall with regards to Balkan sides. They always badmouth their opposition and then fail miserably.

They should beat us... they are expected to beat us. They are ranked higher than us... why won't they be confident about beating a team they should beat?

They are the favorites and clearly have more WC quality than us, but game is not played on paper, but can they handle our physicality, speed and our crafty wingers?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Cellular wrote:

Agree with Chairman.

They have 2 midfielders that just started El-Classico.
Their coach says the only remote danger we could possibly pose to them is on the counter.
We have the worst FIFA ranking of all World Cup team outside of Russia and Saudi Arabia.

We should be soft work for them.

(Betting on us to trash them anyway. They won't know what hit them)
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Agree with Chairman.

Their coach says the only remote danger we could possibly pose to them is on the counter.
We have the worst FIFA ranking of all World Cup team outside of Russia and Saudi Arabia.

and Kovacic....

make if tok true, if na we get 3 El-classico players, plus the Serie A guy, Mandzukic, and even Lovren, we would have been planning the WC victory parade. Yes, we get mouth like dat
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Seems like the Croats get mouth pass us. :laugh:

I think fitness will play a huge roll if they wanna play a run n gun game with us. If na possession they plan on they’ll prolly need about 60% to get a clear win. All I know is that we’ll score at least 1 goal. Can they score 2 or more? They have the players for sure. God dey!
OCCUPY NFF!!
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Agree with Chairman.

Actually 3 MFs starting the El Classico, Mateo Kovacic, Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic..
afc##
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

chuks69 wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Agree with Chairman.

Actually 3 MFs starting the El Classico, Mateo Kovacic, Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic..
:scared: :scared: :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

If Croatia play with Modric, Rakitic, Kovacic they have no defensive midfielder. They have noone even near to the destructive qualities of Ndidi.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Look in the mirror. Croatians have nothing on you.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Some of una funny, so you expect the fans to become cowards likenuna..let them talk ..una sef dey talk any how here..that bot Ayo even carry him head go them forum dey boast a d dey yab dem....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

They are expecting this
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Agree with Chairman.

Modric, Rakitic and Kovacic all played in El-Classico, trust they have more WC players than us, but it's a team game played on grass.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Agree with Chairman.

and Kovacic....

make if tok true, if na we get 3 El-classico players, plus the Serie A guy, Mandzukic, and even Lovren, we would have been planning the WC victory parade. Yes, we get mouth like dat
Imagine...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

100%Naija wrote:What are you on about? They like their chances vs us so what's the big deal? Abeg much ado about nothing.

And please post the link to the source..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No be the tin wen you for ask forst be dat? Oya, go to dia Site go sho dem Pepper and run back, horry!
Last edited by Odas on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Agree with Chairman.

I am happy about the way they see us. To me, we will beat Croatia and TOP the group. They will see!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Agree with Chairman.

and Kovacic....

make if tok true, if na we get 3 El-classico players, plus the Serie A guy, Mandzukic, and even Lovren, we would have been planning the WC victory parade
. Yes, we get mouth like dat
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I tink to make mout na the fans' job. So make dem make dia own and we go make awa own.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Molue Conductor wrote:They are expecting this
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kai, na wetin be dis?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Some of una funny, so you expect the fans to become cowards likenuna..let them talk ..una sef dey talk any how here..that bot Ayo even carry him head go them forum dey boast a d dey yab dem....
Dis na why you for come Naija to take JAMB and WAEC instead of that GED from your Houston high school.

It is one thing for fans to talk and boast; It is a completely different thing for the boasting and yapping to be coming from the coach.

Remember Colombia and Francisco Maturana in 1994. That might just be their experience.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

truetalk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Some of una funny, so you expect the fans to become cowards likenuna..let them talk ..una sef dey talk any how here..that bot Ayo even carry him head go them forum dey boast a d dey yab dem....
Dis na why you for come Naija to take JAMB and WAEC instead of that GED from your Houston high school.

It is one thing for fans to talk and boast; It is a completely different thing for the boasting and yapping to be coming from the coach.

Remember Colombia and Francisco Maturana in 1994. That might just be their experience.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Bigpokey24 has no sense at all. He boasts of having a Community College degree after being in the USA for 40 years and sees nothing wrong with it. Worst still, he claims to have "critical thinking skills." :rotf: :rotf: