Major Concerns For Iheanacho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Major Concerns For Iheanacho

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
kali wrote:Iheanacho is no striker. He is an AM. The sooner he goes back there the better for him.
He's a who? With poor first touches, and inability to hold on to the ball? Naaahhhh braaaa!
I think someone needs to show some objective evidence of this notorious 'poor first touch'.
Y'all seem to be constantly echoing each other but nobody has actually demonstrated it despite hours of online video footage of the kid.
Doubt you'll find YouTube evidence, videos tend to show highlights not lowlights. Just watch him instead.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

his first touch is inconsistent
its not always bad
we tend to over-exaggerate things on this site.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

How’s someone that’s our best finisher be described as not a striker? Dude has the best game to goal ratio. Also, Hiram’s has first touch issues are overrated. Nowadays, all it takes is for one person to make an invalid claim then everyone re-echoes that claim even if it’s unsubstantiated
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Perhaps a move in January, Everton, West Ham, Brighton, West Brom, Stoke, all in need of a forward.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Coach wrote:Perhaps a move in January, Everton, West Ham, Brighton, West Brom, Stoke, all in need of a forward.

Everton would be xcellent but I doubt Leicester will sell so early
OCCUPY NFF!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Loan. The issue is one of fit, as far as the Toffees are concerned. Big Sam will certainly add some stature up top, Giroud, Welbeck, even Dembele, although lacking in the necessary experience. There will be some kind of African, 6 foot plus, few years in France perhaps, on the radar.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

john12 wrote:How’s someone that’s our best finisher be described as not a striker? Dude has the best game to goal ratio. Also, Hiram’s has first touch issues are overrated. Nowadays, all it takes is for one person to make an invalid claim then everyone re-echoes that claim even if it’s unsubstantiated
Lampard was averaging 10 -15 goals per season for about 10 seasons or so....is he a striker?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Lamar’s was a midfielder from day 1. Since the day Kelechi started playing for Nigeria and man city, he has always been a striker. In fact, Kelechi best qualities are finishing therefore, I can’t see how anyone can label him as a midfilder
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:How’s someone that’s our best finisher be described as not a striker? Dude has the best game to goal ratio. Also, Hiram’s has first touch issues are overrated. Nowadays, all it takes is for one person to make an invalid claim then everyone re-echoes that claim even if it’s unsubstantiated
I've been saying it from the first few times I saw him play for Man City. His first touch not always being the best and his inability to hold on to the ball, esp when he drops deep. Those were areas I said he needed to improve and he would be a gem. But they are still issues.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

What happens if Kelechi changes clubs and they then bring in a new manager who alters the style of play demanding he runs more? Does he change clubs again?

A bad workman blames his tools! This boys needs to look himself in the mirror and ask himself some serious questions.

Look at the way Sallah and Mane are excelling in the new wide roles given to them. Likewise, Wayne Rooney is being played as a midfielder and doing it well.

Kelechi Iheanacho is not a world class player like Messi, Neymar or Ronaldo, so the notion that any team on earth will adapt its playing style just to accommodate him is naive. I have listed 10 areas where Kelechi needs to improve himself, if he loves himself, he will work on them.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Kelechi Nwakali is not a world class player like Messi, Neymar or Ronaldo, so the notion that any team on earth will adapt its playing style just to accommodate him is naive. .
i thought this thread was about iheanacho
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Just as one person here said, he needs to add other tools to his game other than finishing if he wants to make it at the top level, even outside of England. He would need to improve his workrate wherever he goes, even if he goes to France or Spain as they still need players that don't give up after losing possession.

Also with his inconsistent first touch and lack of strength on the ball I don't think a lot of clubs in Spain would want him save for some of the relegation sides. I think he would be better suited for a developmental league like the Dutch or Portuguese league at the moment to build his skill set and get playing time.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

smartbrother wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Kelechi Nwakali is not a world class player like Messi, Neymar or Ronaldo, so the notion that any team on earth will adapt its playing style just to accommodate him is naive. .
i thought this thread was about iheanacho
All Kelechi's are the same as far as he is concerned.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Iheanacho not listed again today.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Iheanacho not listed again today.
:sad:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Iheanacho not listed again today.

I believe he is out injured. Meanwhile, Iborra is out injured too, meaning Ndidi will have a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. This boy is having to grow up fast!
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Leicester City are a confused club when it comes to transfers. They have spent 60-70 million on Slimani, Musa, and Iheanacho and not even really given them a chance to fail, tbh.

You break you transfer record on Slimani, who has scored at every stop in his career and barely give him a chance? You spend 25 million on a 21 year old with Kelechi's accomplishments/record, and four months in you are banishing him from the match squad? What kind of management is this? One of many clubs in England with too much money, too little patience, and no continuity with the manager changing every season. Iheanacho has work to do in his career, but Leicester have their own problems, tbh.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

olumide wrote:Leicester City are a confused club when it comes to transfers. They have spent 60-70 million on Slimani, Musa, and Iheanacho and not even really given them a chance to fail, tbh.

You break you transfer record on Slimani, who has scored at every stop in his career and barely give him a chance? You spend 25 million on a 21 year old with Kelechi's accomplishments/record, and four months in you are banishing him from the match squad? What kind of management is this? One of many clubs in England with too much money, too little patience, and no continuity with the manager changing every season. Iheanacho has work to do in his career, but Leicester have their own problems, tbh.
Or maybe these transfers are just a ruse! Check out the owners of these clubs making these ridiculous transfers!
To you and me,they might look confused...but i think sowing confusion on the other side is also a way to get away with victory. I dont trust financial transactions by billionaires that the likes of me and you can easily figure out as being illogical...these guys did not become billionaires by throwing good money away.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

They hardly played Slamini, Musa and Kele....but you have loud mouths here talking rubbish...thank goodness they lost today to Watford. .hopefully more loses in 2018....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Bigpokey24 wrote:They hardly played Slamini, Musa and Kele....but you have loud mouths here talking rubbish...thank goodness they lost today to Watford. .hopefully more loses in 2018....

Puel has done extremely well with Leicester. You cannot fault his management since he took over.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:What happens if Kelechi changes clubs and they then bring in a new manager who alters the style of play demanding he runs more? Does he change clubs again?

A bad workman blames his tools! This boys needs to look himself in the mirror and ask himself some serious questions.

Look at the way Sallah and Mane are excelling in the new wide roles given to them. Likewise, Wayne Rooney is being played as a midfielder and doing it well.

Kelechi Iheanacho is not a world class player like Messi, Neymar or Ronaldo, so the notion that any team on earth will adapt its playing style just to accommodate him is naive. I have listed 10 areas where Kelechi needs to improve himself, if he loves himself, he will work on them.
But before he came to Leicester he had a pretty good goal/minute played average? No?

Claudio Ranieri left and the subsequent coaches don't know how to use him or any of their other signings.

Like De Bruyne, Juan Mata, Moses, Sterling, and Salah just to name a few, maybe he needs to move to a club that best suits his skill set. When they were sold it was not because they weren't good enough... just that they were not a good fit.

Iheanacho is good enough. He was doing it at Mancity in spite of the limited minutes before being offloaded to Leicester...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:What happens if Kelechi changes clubs and they then bring in a new manager who alters the style of play demanding he runs more? Does he change clubs again?

But before he came to Leicester he had a pretty good goal/minute played average? No?

Claudio Ranieri left and the subsequent coaches don't know how to use him or any of their other signings.

Like De Bruyne, Juan Mata, Moses, Sterling, and Salah just to name a few, maybe he needs to move to a club that best suits his skill set. When they were sold it was not because they weren't good enough... just that they were not a good fit.

Iheanacho is good enough. He was doing it at Mancity in spite of the limited minutes before being offloaded to Leicester...
Yes, some players move on and hit form but some also just fall off the radar too. I just hope Iheanacho is in the former category because when I have looked at his shortcoming, I ask myself whether he did not just flatter to deceive.