Major Concerns For Iheanacho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Major Concerns For Iheanacho

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He’s not listed for action again today vs Man U. He has 3 months to get in top shape and playing regularly but it doesn’t look like it’ll happen at Leicester anytime soon. Should he go out on loan or just wait it out at Leicester? We need him active in competitive games to be at his best come wc. What to do now? This is very concerning!
OCCUPY NFF!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Major Concerns For Iheanacho

Post by marutimon »

Yeah, safe to say it isn't looking good. I don't know if a loan wouldn't be the best course of action, even if to a Championship side.

Leicester has a knack for downgrading good strikers. No one will convince me, for example, that Slimani isn't class. But he can hardly get a game. Leicester's game plan seems to only work for Vardy.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

When Air Musa was going through this, una no send ..now una see wetin them dey do kele? Make I no swear for Leceister, nah xmas
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

No need to go on loan he is training with top professionals....2/3 friendly matches and he will be ready for the WC.

All this players that are playing day in day out will be exhausted after the season, ppl like Kelechi and Musa will be ready. This includes Iwobi as well...

The people that need regular football are the defenders, and keepers
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enyi wrote:No need to go on loan he is training with top professionals....2/3 friendly matches and he will be ready for the WC.
Nope. Training is NOT the same as game time. Not at all.

We saw this with Mikel and Moses at the last World Cup. Players need to play.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I hope he and Musa can find a club to play regularly.
Nacho is too good and young to be wasting time at Leicester.
How I wish he can move to a La Liga team, where his talents will be better appreciated.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Amartey is useless. He almost gave Man U a goal.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Amartey sent off! Very useless player
OCCUPY NFF!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Not sure who to blame, Kelechi or his manager. I don't see why Kelechi can't do what Gray is doing. Determination and dedication are not issues with him. This is not a kid, you could say has off the field issues like drinking, partying or womanizing. Even Pep admitted he didn't make it easy to not play him. No doubt Vardy justifies his minutes but Kelechi should be giving them options. Perhaps he needs to improve his wing play, dribble more, run at defenders more, show aggression etc. I thought his stock would be up after that performance against Argentina where he scored a beautiful freekick.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote:Not sure who to blame, Kelechi or his manager. I don't see why Kelechi can't do what Gray is doing. Determination and dedication are not issues with him. This is not a kid, you could say has off the field issues like drinking, partying or womanizing. Even Pep admitted he didn't make it easy to not play him. No doubt Vardy justifies his minutes but Kelechi should be giving them options. Perhaps he needs to improve his wing play, dribble more, run at defenders more, show aggression etc. I thought his stock would be up after that performance against Argentina where he scored a beautiful freekick.

You are joking!

Kelechi does not have the intensity, speed or skill of Gray. Two complete different players. Kelechi is more intelligent, better vision and better finishing.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

danfo driver wrote:
felarey wrote:Not sure who to blame, Kelechi or his manager. I don't see why Kelechi can't do what Gray is doing. Determination and dedication are not issues with him. This is not a kid, you could say has off the field issues like drinking, partying or womanizing. Even Pep admitted he didn't make it easy to not play him. No doubt Vardy justifies his minutes but Kelechi should be giving them options. Perhaps he needs to improve his wing play, dribble more, run at defenders more, show aggression etc. I thought his stock would be up after that performance against Argentina where he scored a beautiful freekick.

You are joking!

Kelechi does not have the intensity, speed or skill of Gray. Two complete different players. Kelechi is more intelligent, better vision and better finishing.
Intensity agreed but that can be acquired with support from his coach as he'd make some mistakes on his way to building confidence. Skills....don't think Gray is anything special in this dept, speed.....hmmm dunno. Haven't seen Kelechi burn defenders regularly with sheer speed so maybe that's why he can't touch Vardy. Vardy is the ultimate small team striker that chases everything and has decent finishing. Kele may have to prove himself in other areas, wing or behind number 9. He sure has the intelligence to do a competent job in other attacking areas. If not, perhaps he should go study Ruud Van Nistelrooy's play, no skill, no intensity, no speed but extremely sharp intelligence, anticipation and deady finishing.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If Kelechi was good he would get into the Leicester team. There is simply too much he needs to work on to make himself playable:

(1) Ball control
(2) Holding play up
(3) Work rate
(4) Pace
(5) Aerial ability
(6) Team play
(7) Awareness
(8) Positional awareness
(9) Physical strength
(10) Dribbling

Being a good goal scorer is simply not good enough. We like to hype our players just like the English do but overlook their obvious shortcomings. You guys want Puele to risk being sacked by fielding your boy!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Abeg sharrap. Kelechi record for super eagles is 8 in 13 as long as he keep scoring for super eagles IDGAF ABOUT HIS CLUB PERFORMANCE
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:If Kelechi was good he would get into the Leicester team. There is simply too much he needs to work on to make himself playable:

(1) Ball control
(2) Holding play up
(3) Work rate
(4) Pace
(5) Aerial ability
(6) Team play
(7) Awareness
(8) Positional awareness
(9) Physical strength
(10) Dribbling

Being a good goal scorer is simply not good enough. We like to hype our players just like the English do but overlook their obvious shortcomings. You guys want Puele to risk being sacked by fielding your boy!
I agree with some of your points, that is why Demarai Gray is starting ahead of Kelechi.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

john12 wrote:Abeg sharrap. Kelechi record for super eagles is 8 in 13 as long as he keep scoring for super eagles IDGAF ABOUT HIS CLUB PERFORMANCE
Wait until he comes up against quality opposition and let’s see if you are still singing his praises then. A competitive game against world class defenders will soon change your views of Kelechi.

I used to be a big fan of his too but have watched him closely and am surprised I missed his shortcomings. His agricultural first touch is a big no, no for me for starters. Against quality defenders, he will always lose the ball!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:If Kelechi was good he would get into the Leicester team. There is simply too much he needs to work on to make himself playable:

(1) Ball control
(2) Holding play up
(3) Work rate
(4) Pace
(5) Aerial ability
(6) Team play
(7) Awareness
(8) Positional awareness
(9) Physical strength
(10) Dribbling

I agree with some of your points, that is why Demarai Gray is starting ahead of Kelechi.
Demarai Gray starts because of work rate... putting yourself about. That's it... there is nothing he has on Iheanacho other than work rate.

Moreover, Leicester does not play a system that can accommodate Iheanacho... they don't think he is that special to design a system that plays to his strengths.

The guy who bought Iheanacho and knows how to use him is not with the team anymore.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cellular wrote:
Sir V wrote:

(1) Ball control
(2) Holding play up
(3) Work rate
(4) Pace
(5) Aerial ability
(6) Team play
(7) Awareness
(8) Positional awareness
(9) Physical strength
(10) Dribbling

Demarai Gray starts because of work rate... putting yourself about. That's it... there is nothing he has on Iheanacho other than work rate.

Moreover, Leicester does not play a system that can accommodate Iheanacho... they don't think he is that special to design a system that plays to his strengths.

The guy who bought Iheanacho and knows how to use him is not with the team anymore.
No English Premiership team will be interested in a player with a poor work rate. Even outside England, did you watch El Classico yesterday? Messi and Ronaldo both put in shifts for their teams, so if Iheanacho wants a successful career he has got to start thinking straight.

No workrate, no future! It is as simple as that!!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Sir V wrote:

(1) Ball control
(2) Holding play up
(3) Work rate
(4) Pace
(5) Aerial ability
(6) Team play
(7) Awareness
(8) Positional awareness
(9) Physical strength
(10) Dribbling

No English Premiership team will be interested in a player with a poor work rate. Even outside England, did you watch El Classico yesterday? Messi and Ronaldo both put in shifts for their teams, so if Iheanacho wants a successful career he has got to start thinking straight.

I don't think Kelechi can't put in the work rate. The last few times I've seen him come in as a sub, he looked like he was conscious of this need. Gray seems to have the licence to roam which Kelechi might not have. At this point, it seems Leceister would need to be in a slump before he gets a shot. These days managers have to think of their survival on the job first.

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

john12 wrote:Abeg sharrap. Kelechi record for super eagles is 8 in 13 as long as he keep scoring for super eagles IDGAF ABOUT HIS CLUB PERFORMANCE
Not making the bench is a concern for his age and talent. That means he's not getting picked at all and not an option the coach thinks he needs. For a player that signed a long term contract with Man Shitty last yr and came with promises this season, that is worrisome. Not playing will eventually affect his SE form.

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

(1) Ball control
(2) Holding play up
(3) Work rate
(4) Pace
(5) Aerial ability
(6) Team play
(7) Awareness
(8) Positional awareness
(9) Physical strength
(10) Dribbling

What myth is this about Iheanacho not having pace? He has plenty pace.

You are also having a laugh saying Iheanacho lacks in team play, positional awareness and awareness. His skills in those aspects are world class and it's part of the read on he was so effective.

He has shown on occasion to have a good dribble. Nit excellent but above average. His Achilles heel has been ball retention and hold up play. He also lacks intensity.

Right now he is playing worse than a year ago. His confidence is shot. As for first touch if you look at games from two years ago he didn't habe a first touch issue. My guess is that Guardiola decided to change the way Iheanacho naturally controls a ball and thus broke the way he played. He also seems to have a mix of overeagernesd to perform and low confidence, making him try too much instead of keeping it simple.

He needs game time. Pure and simple. A lengthy run in any side to regain his edge and channel the natural talent he has.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

felarey wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Sir V wrote:

(1) Ball control
(2) Holding play up
(3) Work rate
(4) Pace
(5) Aerial ability
(6) Team play
(7) Awareness
(8) Positional awareness
(9) Physical strength
(10) Dribbling

I don't think Kelechi can't put in the work rate. The last few times I've seen him come in as a sub, he looked like he was conscious of this need. Gray seems to have the licence to roam which Kelechi might not have. At this point, it seems Leceister would need to be in a slump before he gets a shot. These days managers have to think of their survival on the job first.
I take it you know that even if Grey is not playing, Okazaki will get the nod ahead of Iheanacho. At the moment, he is surplus to requirements.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marutimon wrote:

(1) Ball control
(2) Holding play up
(3) Work rate
(4) Pace
(5) Aerial ability
(6) Team play
(7) Awareness
(8) Positional awareness
(9) Physical strength
(10) Dribbling

What myth is this about Iheanacho not having pace? He has plenty pace.

You are also having a laugh saying Iheanacho lacks in team play, positional awareness and awareness. His skills in those aspects are world class and it's part of the read on he was so effective.

He has shown on occasion to have a good dribble. Nit excellent but above average. His Achilles heel has been ball retention and hold up play. He also lacks intensity.

Right now he is playing worse than a year ago. His confidence is shot. As for first touch if you look at games from two years ago he didn't habe a first touch issue. My guess is that Guardiola decided to change the way Iheanacho naturally controls a ball and thus broke the way he played. He also seems to have a mix of overeagernesd to perform and low confidence, making him try too much instead of keeping it simple.

He needs game time. Pure and simple. A lengthy run in any side to regain his edge and channel the natural talent he has.
Puel cannot afford to risk Leicester’s season just to appease Super Eagles fans. That is not in his job description.

By the way, it is not fair to the hardworking players like Grey, Okazaki, etc to keep giving Iheanacho a second chance. When he was played he refused to deliver!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I'm not expecting that. That's why I think Iheanacho needs to move on loan. Btw Gray is crap.