Emmanuel Eboue - Very Sad Situation (Lessons Learned)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

akamoke
Re: Emmanuel Eboue - Very Sad Situation (Lessons Learned)

Post by akamoke »

aruako1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Why is this story posted here? This is cybereagles , this Bobo is neither 9ja or an Eagle in fact He played for our. Enemies Ivory. Coast so I say good for him. He married a white club girl who the authorities have handed all his money to good for he him. He should go back to Ivory Coast and get a job coaching. Or. Write a Book entitled Don't hand over all your money to a club girl.

What? Really, and we would have rubbish articles here on European clubs. This certainly belongs here if the Euro stuff does. BTW, what does marrying a European lady have to do with this? Na wao!
The amount of racist stuff I've seen on this thread! If some white guys said the same about black women we would be up in arms.
Its quite sickening, from people who claim to have "knowledge"

I wish Eboue all the best as he picks himself up from this
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Insisting his wife looked after most of their affairs, he admits being “naive” with money.
He saw her true colors, once the money dried up.
I think these women are all the same. They ONLY hide what they are until you hit a ROCK - one way or the other. On the other hand, how can he lose everything to the ex? What type of court did they go? I have never heard of such before. I have always heard of 50/50. Maybe the judge has something to gain in the fight.
I don't know about you but I have a good woman. There are two sides to a story.
... by the way, wait until you hit the BOTTOM :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and you will see for yourself.
And how do you know I have never hit bottom and she wasn't there for me? You are here passing judgment on people you don't know.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Let me get something right here...a brother who came from Africa did not bother to invest back home?

I feel sorry for Eboue, and the reason is a simple one, one which my experience of the profession taught me. A number of these guys come into the profession barely out of their teens, they are exposed to money and fame, some are exposed to certain dizzying heights which they are not equipped for.

Some of them simply ignore the simplicity of their background they feel that the new found wealth would last forever, and they give themselves to a certain level of living ,one which you can easily calculate how long it would last for if the career comes to an end.

Sometimes i look at the manner of girls my former colleagues would hang around at the time, the ones you know wont hang around if anything goes wrong. There were some of my former colleagues i am still afraid to ask after them today,because of the way they lived , and one knew they would struggle after the game.

I cannot understand the fixation with white women by these young african footballers....i have nothing against inter racial marriages, but one needs to weigh the pros and cons very well, the odds are stacked heavily against you unless you take the time to protect yourself very well.

There are two sides to the story, but i still find it hard to stomach even in the case of divorce when one party decides to be greedy and go after all the wealth...it betrays a hidden motive and agenda.

I can sit here and lambast Eboue for being naive, the truth is he was ,it is easy to be if at such an age you have the world at your feet ,heck it is easy for one at that age and phase of life to go after one's wildest dreams about life, but we must be careful with how we knock a man when he is down.

Like someone mentioned howbeit in harsh way, the guy needs to get himself together , first he needs to understand that life is all vanity, we came here with nothing and we would leave with nothing.

He can try to rebuild his life, he might not live in mansions again(who says), but he can still hold on to a legacy which cannot be taken away and there is enough in that legacy to keep him going for the rest of his life here on earth.

But from my experience of counselling people in this situation, it is usually harder for them to get over the paradise lost, especially in the manner it was lost. Everything he toiled for, everything that brougjt him essence and meaning in life yanked away.

When i look back sometimes i simply am thankful that i never gave too much attention to the fame, i treated it all like a dream..one which i was ready to walk away from when the time comes. But even then it took me two and half years to let it go...so i can only imagine what Eboue is going through.

But he should have enough support to lean on to help him rebuild his life! Between his former colleagues, national fa and club, heck even fans when ot comes to goodwill on the street. Even me that played in an obscure league still use that to good effect here. Good luck to him, this was an Arsenal player i truly loved for his humour...just like yesterday.....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Oloye, as one privy to the lifestyle and trappings of the modern day footballer, both through blood and bond, t'is imperative that the idea of a communal spirit exists amongst colleagues and clubmates. Lloyd Doley, perfect example. Comprehensibly broke, who life on credit, car, a Yaris or KA, repossessed due to HP arrears. House, downsized and now paying rent, more often than not, with the punctuality of a positive pregnancy test period. Former captain of the Hornets, what about colleagues? Teammates etc? No one gives a sh*t, in their pomp they all strive to outdo each other, biggest car, flashiest watch, fanciest wife. A fall from grace gives another an opportunity to exceed and better than very individual. Eboue is a compound fool and has turned financial freedom to hardship. Pathetic
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Guv007 wrote:
Lost a bitter divorce battle, with his wife Aurelie awarded all of their assets.
Insisting his wife looked after most of their affairs, he admits being “naive” with money.

Surely he can't be that naive?

Usually, one spouse takes care of the finances.

And reading through this thread, one would think that every married person on CE distrusts their own wife/husband! SHE WAS HIS WIFE!!!! Its not like he gave the money to some random hooker to hold for him. Its his wife, the mother of his children. Most of you speaking here, your wife has your bank details, the house is in her name and she handles every finances going in and out of your home. Lets be a bit reasonable with our criticism.

The mistake he made was to marry someone who is clearly not the right woman for him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
I think these women are all the same. They ONLY hide what they are until you hit a ROCK - one way or the other. On the other hand, how can he lose everything to the ex? What type of court did they go? I have never heard of such before. I have always heard of 50/50. Maybe the judge has something to gain in the fight.
You think sey judge dey knack the woman? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

I don't know about you but I have a good woman.
There are two sides to a story.
have you hit rock bottom? :tic: :tic: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

danfo driver wrote:
Guv007 wrote:
Lost a bitter divorce battle, with his wife Aurelie awarded all of their assets.

And reading through this thread, one would think that every married person on CE distrusts their own wife/husband! SHE WAS HIS WIFE!!!! Its not like he gave the money to some random hooker to hold for him. Its his wife, the mother of his children. Most of you speaking here, your wife has your bank details, the house is in her name and she handles every finances going in and out of your home. Lets be a bit reasonable with our criticism.

The mistake he made was to marry someone who is clearly not the right woman for him.
Money to hold for him ????n.a. baby? Why should you ask me to transfer all my money to you.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Why is this story posted here? This is cybereagles , this Bobo is neither 9ja or an Eagle in fact He played for our. Enemies Ivory. Coast so I say good for him. He married a white club girl who the authorities have handed all his money to good for he him. He should go back to Ivory Coast and get a job coaching. Or. Write a Book entitled Don't hand over all your money to a club girl.

What? Really, and we would have rubbish articles here on European clubs. This certainly belongs here if the Euro stuff does. BTW, what does marrying a European lady have to do with this? Na wao!
The amount of racist stuff I've seen on this thread! If some white guys said the same about black women we would be up in arms.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have spent years on CE complaining about racist and xenophobic statements from certain forumers, and nothing is done about it. Please, put yansh inside trouser. Not gonna change around here. :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
... by the way, wait until you hit the BOTTOM :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and you will see for yourself.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just hired a guy in our Lagos office, not because he has the best resume, but because he told me how his wife showed him pepper after he lost his last job 2 weeks ago, and she became the bread winner. There was a time, she changed the locks to the door and will only let him in, if he showed her that he brought money back home. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

akamoke wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Its quite sickening, from people who claim to have "knowledge"

I wish Eboue all the best as he picks himself up from this
There is nothing racist in my comments...... this bobo was an adult and he gave control of his wealth to a club girl she could have been black , Asian but she happened to be white. You don’t marry club girls and you don’t hand over control to your wealth because this is what happens. Like some else stated he should have invested part of his wealth in Africa but this belongs on rant & rave.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:Let me get something right here...a brother who came from Africa did not bother to invest back home?

I feel sorry for Eboue, and the reason is a simple one, one which my experience of the profession taught me. A number of these guys come into the profession barely out of their teens, they are exposed to money and fame, some are exposed to certain dizzying heights which they are not equipped for.

Some of them simply ignore the simplicity of their background they feel that the new found wealth would last forever, and they give themselves to a certain level of living ,one which you can easily calculate how long it would last for if the career comes to an end.

Sometimes i look at the manner of girls my former colleagues would hang around at the time, the ones you know wont hang around if anything goes wrong. There were some of my former colleagues i am still afraid to ask after them today,because of the way they lived , and one knew they would struggle after the game.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I cannot understand the fixation with white women by these young african footballers....i have nothing against inter racial marriages, but one needs to weigh the pros and cons very well, the odds are stacked heavily against you unless you take the time to protect yourself very well.

There are two sides to the story, but i still find it hard to stomach even in the case of divorce when one party decides to be greedy and go after all the wealth...it betrays a hidden motive and agenda.

I can sit here and lambast Eboue for being naive, the truth is he was ,it is easy to be if at such an age you have the world at your feet ,heck it is easy for one at that age and phase of life to go after one's wildest dreams about life, but we must be careful with how we knock a man when he is down.

Like someone mentioned howbeit in harsh way, the guy needs to get himself together , first he needs to understand that life is all vanity, we came here with nothing and we would leave with nothing.

He can try to rebuild his life, he might not live in mansions again(who says), but he can still hold on to a legacy which cannot be taken away and there is enough in that legacy to keep him going for the rest of his life here on earth.

But from my experience of counselling people in this situation, it is usually harder for them to get over the paradise lost, especially in the manner it was lost. Everything he toiled for, everything that brougjt him essence and meaning in life yanked away.

When i look back sometimes i simply am thankful that i never gave too much attention to the fame, i treated it all like a dream..one which i was ready to walk away from when the time comes. But even then it took me two and half years to let it go...so i can only imagine what Eboue is going through.

But he should have enough support to lean on to help him rebuild his life! Between his former colleagues, national fa and club, heck even fans when ot comes to goodwill on the street. Even me that played in an obscure league still use that to good effect here. Good luck to him, this was an Arsenal player i truly loved for his humour...just like yesterday.....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thats why I thank God at the way I was raised. For us, money is nothing. And when I say that, I mean that the way I was raised, if there is money, good! If money no dey? good! either way, you survive with what you have. I remember when I graduated for college and I was on myw ay to law school in the fall. Popsi had already warned me that he will not send me pocket money until Law School start. I had $2 in my wallet and $0 in my account. :lol: :lol: Na white rice and stew + poundy and stew I chop for 2 months :ohmy: :rotf: And I didnt feel anything. Didnt feel that I was worse of.

Ultimately, financial education for young children is very important. And you dont have to be wealthy to teach your children that money is nothing. Money does not define you. As popsi used to say: 2 things are guaranteed about money (1) it will come; and (2) it will go." It depends on how you handle it in both situations.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Prince wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Guv007 wrote:

Money to hold for him ????n.a. baby? Why should you ask me to transfer all my money to you.

I dont know if you are married, but it usually does not work that way. Some couples (may be not all), have a "communal bank account where they put all their money. One spouse is usually good with money and he/she pays all the bills, make the family purchases, etc etc and usually make the investments.

For me now, I am very very very very very (LOL) good with money and investments. It will be insane for me not to handle finances and make investments with the family money.

Ultimately, you just have to find someone, with whom you have mutual trust. And you have to have a lot of luck + God's guidance. There are many bad people out there, men and women.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

The article said in Turkey he earned 8 million dollars and he sent 7 million home. Home where? Is it to a joint account? Don't believe the story the guy is depressed and wants to see his kids.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
And how do you know I have never hit bottom and she wasn't there for me? You are here passing judgment on people you don't know.
Why are you being so defensive? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Damn, cool down! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, I don't know you, but neither do you know me. Did I tell you I have problem with my marriage? Assuming I do, did I come to you for help or counseling?

In one of your posts, you said you have seen so many racism in the responses to this thread and et al. which is surprising indeed. Alright, please explain to us why the court wants Chief Ebueh (Eboue) to lose everything (yes, everything) to the White woman. Isn't it supposed to be 50/50 at least between the couples?

I will be waiting for your reply/EXPLANATION.
Last edited by Odas on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
Prince wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Guv007 wrote:

I dont know if you are married, but it usually does not work that way. Some couples (may be not all), have a "communal bank account where they put all their money. One spouse is usually good with money and he/she pays all the bills, make the family purchases, etc etc and usually make the investments.

For me now, I am very very very very very (LOL) good with money and investments. It will be insane for me not to handle finances and make investments with the family money.

Ultimately, you just have to find someone, with whom you have mutual trust. And you have to have a lot of luck + God's guidance. There are many bad people out there, men and women.
This cannot be negotiated nor ignored.....especially the mutual trust! There has got to be something both of you can recourse to as the common ground even in the midst of disagreement.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Prince wrote:The article said in Turkey he earned 8 million dollars and he sent 7 million home. Home where? Is it to a joint account? Don't believe the story the guy is depressed and wants to see his kids.
I will be damn surprise if he has nothing back home, who knows may be that was what guided or informed the judge in passing his judgement. Whatever the true story might be brother Eboue should get himself together and man up to life....he has enough goodwill and legacy he can tap into.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
Prince wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Guv007 wrote:

Wise man! :lol:

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

I just hired a guy in our Lagos office, not because he has the best resume, but because he told me how his wife showed him pepper after he lost his last job 2 weeks ago, and she became the bread winner. There was a time, she changed the locks to the door and will only let him in, if he showed her that he brought money back home. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I say women are bad - except a handful - they are all the same. It is even worse if they begin to earn more money than you do :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: kai
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

This is just one side of the story. I don't believe his wife is the monster he is painting her to be. He must bear most of the responsibility illiterate or not.

However, Arsenal FC and the Ivorians need to step up. I am still smarting from Yekini's death. They should not just assume that he will be okay.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Odas wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I say women are bad - except a handful - they are all the same. It is even worse if they begin to earn more money than you do :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: kai
Same way it can be said that men are bad. Same woman will probably keep a jobless man around so far she is being given the service she wants. There is no side with monopoly of good or bad....like i always say, make sure the woman or man you marry is the one made for you...if you marry stranger ,you will be treated like a stranger.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Why are you being so defensive? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Damn, cool down! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, I don't know you, but neither do you know me. Did I tell you I have problem with my marriage? Assuming I do, did I come to you for help or counseling?

In one of your posts, you said you have seen so many racism in the responses to this thread and et al. which is surprising indeed. Alright, please explain to us why the court wants Chief Ebueh (Eboue) to lose everything (yes, everything) to the White woman. Isn't it supposed to be 50/50 at least between the couples?

I will be waiting for your reply/EXPLANATION.
You implied that my wife will show herself to be bad if I face hard times and you ask me not to be defensive? If you think you have heard the whole story I have a bridge to sell to you. You hear from one side and you come here to disparage all women and expect to get a free ride. Let Ebuoe publish the divorce settlement that shows that he got nothing and then we can talk. He mentions bad investments but it is only his wife you can talk sbout. I know there are bad women out there but there are good ones as well. I know two friends who lost their jobs and the wives took over the finances until they were back up again.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:Let me get something right here...a brother who came from Africa did not bother to invest back home?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thats why I thank God at the way I was raised. For us, money is nothing. And when I say that, I mean that the way I was raised, if there is money, good! If money no dey? good! either way, you survive with what you have. I remember when I graduated for college and I was on myw ay to law school in the fall. Popsi had already warned me that he will not send me pocket money until Law School start. I had $2 in my wallet and $0 in my account. :lol: :lol: Na white rice and stew + poundy and stew I chop for 2 months :ohmy: :rotf: And I didnt feel anything. Didnt feel that I was worse of.

Ultimately, financial education for young children is very important. And you dont have to be wealthy to teach your children that money is nothing. Money does not define you. As popsi used to say: 2 things are guaranteed about money (1) it will come; and (2) it will go." It depends on how you handle it in both situations.
Honour to your dad. Wise words.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8