WC SEMI-FINAL: FRANCE VS BELGIUM ( 1-0) FT UMTITI

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
WC SEMI-FINAL: FRANCE VS BELGIUM ( 1-0) FT UMTITI

Post by anikulapo »

I dey finish all my appointments by noon and I dey go relax to watch this potential classic .... That said as long as either team beats England I’m happy :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Awaiting lineups :thumb:
Last edited by anikulapo on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: WC SEMI-FINAL: FRANCE VS BELGIUM ( Game Thread)

Post by anikulapo »

MATCH INFO
Date/Time: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 8pm CET (Barcelona), 7pm BST/WAT (UK & Nigeria), 2pm EST, 11am PST (USA), 11.30pm IST (India)

Venue: Saint Petersburg Stadium, St. Petersburg

HOW TO WATCH, STREAM WORLD CUP
How to watch on TV: FOX (USA), BBC One (UK), SuperSport 3 (Nigeria), Sony ESPN (India), TSN (Canada), others

How to stream: BBC iPlayer (UK), TSN GO (Canada), FuboTV (7-day free trial, click here to sign up)
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

I want France to win

BUT

Belgium is the more likely team to beat England in the Final (should the Lions get there)

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Will my guy Vincent Kompany captain Belgium? I don't understanding why that useless small boy Hazard is the captain, when their great captain Kompany is fit and playing full games. :mad: If Kompany is not the captain today and they lose, I will start Belgium laffing thread. :D :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:I want France to win

BUT

Belgium is the more likely team to beat England in the Final (should the Lions get there)

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Dude France will annihilate England

MLK.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

anikulapo wrote:

BUT

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Don't bet on that. With Brazil out, and the stars aligning, I can see England winning it all - U-17, U-20 and World football champions. Despite their press, I am betting on them.
To stop trying is to start dying
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

BUT

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
You think so? I think England are more likely to defeat Belgium although I can't realistically see them defeating either.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...how will Belgium assistant coach, a French national react, in winning or losing? Dem (both sides if stuff go wrong) go call Thierry Henry a sabo :laugh:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, nonsense. The only team capable of stopping HMS Avsummadat, is Deputy Igwe. The only reason why that formality would not come to fruition, is because l'admiral Didier Donut. France can mix it more than DJ EZ on a Friday night at Camden Palace. Power and finesse. Belgium vs England will be a Premier League game. England vs France, will be whatever Deputy Igwe wants it to be. That Donut has yet to work out how to use Giroud works in everybody's favour. That he insists on playing him however, could be a danger to all.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anikulapo wrote:

BUT

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

sure, just like they did a sub-par Portugal team in the Euros...at home

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Shownoja wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

BUT

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Don't bet on that. With Brazil out, and the stars aligning, I can see England winning it all - U-17, U-20 and World football champions. Despite their press, I am betting on them.
bet me please
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Coach wrote:@Tx, nonsense. The only team capable of stopping HMS Avsummadat, is Deputy Igwe. The only reason why that formality would not come to fruition, is because l'admiral Didier Donut. France can mix it more than DJ EZ on a Friday night at Camden Palace. Power and finesse. Belgium vs England will be a Premier League game. England vs France, will be whatever Deputy Igwe wants it to be. That Donut has yet to work out how to use Giroud works in everybody's favour. That he insists on playing him however, could be a danger to all.
:woot: I read almost all the books writing by Shakespeare,i.e like Macbeth and others... :lol: I no get headache!! Why massa? :sneaky:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Damn am I missing something or do ten of Belgium’s starters play in england :woot:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Photo by Catherine Ivill/Getty Images
LINEUPS
FRANCE

Starting XI: Lloris; Pavard, Varane, Umtiti, Hernández; Mbappé, Pogba, Kanté, Matuidi; Griezmann, Giroud

Bench: Mandanda (GK), Areola (GK), Kimpembé, Rami, Sidibé, Mendy, Tolisso, N’Zonzi, Lemar, Dembélé, Fekir, Thauvin

BELGIUM

Starting XI: Courtois; Chadli, Alderweireld, Kompany, Vertonghen; Fellaini, Witsel, Dembélé; Lukaku, De Bruyne, Hazard

Bench: Mignolet (GK), Casteels (GK), Vermaelen, Boyata, Dendoncker, Carrasco, T.Hazard, Tielemans, Mertens, Januzaj, Batshuayi, Meunier (suspended)

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Is that Chadli rightback
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Chai, Oga Martinez has gone with wingbacks vs a whole Deputy Igwe. This could be interesting. L’admiral has chosen to stand in front of enigma code, Olivier Giroud, once more. Chalk in hand. Can he solve the puzzle?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Belgium light at the back (3-1-4-2).

I expect the Big OG to break his duck today. Allez France
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg
Re: WC SEMI-FINAL: FRANCE VS BELGIUM ( 0-0)

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

I hate to see two of my favourite teams playing against each other. Since I have to pick one, I pick Francois to go through. Allez lez bleus!!!
-Simpli fy -
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

I invoke the spirit of French greatness from of my childhood and later years: Tigana, Tresor, Platini, Giresse, Rochteau, Bossis, Six. Zidane, Henry, Lilliam Thuram, Desailly etc.
-Simpli fy -
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Coach wrote:Is that Chadli rightback

I don't get the experimentation.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

France playing for the counter.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Hazard continues to refuse to pass to Lukaku
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

K wrote:Hazard continues to refuse to pass to Lukaku
Time to impress RM or totally eff it up.