Mikel Interview!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Mikel Interview!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Don't know if this was posted 3 yrs ago but it's quite revealing. Mikel is a Don! I think the best Mikel we've ever seen will be in Russia. Our captain folks! I troway salute

[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Mikel Interview!

Post by joao »

As long as Obi is around the SE he is the orchestra master that controls the flow of things.
We should be happy to have a player and captain with his temperament and discipline.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Mikel na good player but ndidi is presently our best midfielder. We can’t keep referencing that horrible performance against South Africa as an example that super eagles cannot do without Mikel or Moses.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

john12 wrote:Mikel na good player but ndidi is presently our best midfielder. We can’t keep referencing that horrible performance against South Africa as an example that super eagles cannot do without Mikel or Moses.
Mikel is our best player. Ndidi is replaceable but we are yet to find someone capable of replacing Mikel.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Good thing he shouted out G4L and Pokey right at the end :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Don't know if this was posted 3 yrs ago but it's quite revealing. Mikel is a Don! I think the best Mikel we've ever seen will be in Russia. Our captain folks! I troway salute

[/video]
The GREAT ONE. Make no mistake about that. When he is gone, we will all remember the days that he played in GWG.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Don't know if this was posted 3 yrs ago but it's quite revealing. Mikel is a Don! I think the best Mikel we've ever seen will be in Russia. Our captain folks! I troway salute

[/video]
The GREAT ONE. Make no mistake about that. When he is gone, we will all remember the days that he played in GWG.
What would you consider a standout performance by Mikel for the Super Eagles - one that will be remembered?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote:
john12 wrote:Mikel na good player but ndidi is presently our best midfielder. We can’t keep referencing that horrible performance against South Africa as an example that super eagles cannot do without Mikel or Moses.
Mikel is our best player. Ndidi is replaceable but we are yet to find someone capable of replacing Mikel.
Who can adequately replace Ndidi...?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

[/video]
What would you consider a standout performance by Mikel for the Super Eagles - one that will be remembered?
His consistency means that there are outstanding performances regularly. For sure, Nigeria has never had a better passer of the ball BAR NONE.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

[/video]
I'd say the 2014 Confederations Cup, then had a dud performance at the WC proper.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Mikel, like an engineer, does those things that are not appreciated by those seeking glitter.
Those who cannot see his impact in games, but hype those with fruitless dribbles and selfish
play are the same wondering why we lost matches we should win. If folks can just try to see
beyond hype, they would understand what game and personality Obi brings to our game.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mikel is the best player Nigeria has ever produced..FACT not feelings
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

[/video]
His consistency means that there are outstanding performances regularly. For sure, Nigeria has never had a better passer of the ball BAR NONE.
Then you'll have no difficulty naming a couple....

Your second point is debatable.... I'll concede Nigeria has probably never had a player with a higher passing accuracy percentage - and there are well-established reasons for his figures. This does not necessarily make him Nigeria's best passer of all time.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Mikel is the best player Nigeria has ever produced..FACT not feelings
Don’t know if he’s the best ever but he’s probably impactful.
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Bigpokey just like talking on emotions. Do you mean Mikel was better than the gangling yek? Or Jj or papilo or even Sunday oldies and the mathematician? Abeg!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

[/video]
I'd say the 2014 Confederations Cup, then had a dud performance at the WC proper.
Which game? What was memorable about it?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

[/video]
Had good individual performance vs Uruguay and Spain, though the team lost.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

[/video]
TheYeyeman,

Who is better as a passer, may I ask?

I have watched a lot of Nigerian players in my lifetime and I make no apologies to state that he is the best. In my view, he is one of only two players who have played on this team in the last few years that will ever be mentioned in a Nigerian ALL-TIME team.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

john12 wrote:Bigpokey just like talking on emotions. Do you mean Mikel was better than the gangling yek? Or Jj or papilo or even Sunday oldies and the mathematician? Abeg!
Yes.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

[/video]
TheYeyeman,

I have watched a lot of Nigerian players in my lifetime and I make no apologies to state that he is the best. In my view, he is one of only two players who have played on this team in the last few years that will ever be mentioned in a Nigerian ALL-TIME team.
Just recently rewatched JJ vs Denmark in 98, and sorry there is no way Mikel is the best passer ever when you factor in the difficulty of the passes, Mikel is not even close. The hobos passes were out of this world. Yes Mikel is a king at the short and obvious passes, but he doesn't have JJs range or vision.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...no Ndidi is up and coming will be good replacement for Obi when he's done. At the moment he is learning.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

[/video]
TheYeyeman,

See evasion! :lol:

Please name one of Mikel's memorable performances. A performance that will ensure we remember his time in GWG as you put it. :D

Maceo has answered your question.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

[/video]

TheYeyeman,

See evasion! :lol:

Please name one of Mikel's memorable performances. A performance that will ensure we remember his time in GWG as you put it. :D

Maceo has answered your question.
Yeyeman,

There are numerous. I am aware that some have already mentioned a few games but I believe has had outstanding games a lot. Hard for me to pick one game to be honest. He has been consistent. It is easier to pick one for likes of a player who plays one good game once in a while, much easier.

JJ was not a better passer of the ball, IMO. JJ is Nigeria's best midfielder ever, IMHO, but in passing he takes a back seat to Mikel. I do not recall JJ making accurate long passes like Pirlo. In fact, the first time I watched Mikel's games was in 2005 WYC and I saw him make those long passes. At first, I thought he was just hoofing the ball until I realized that he was consistently finding a team mate. No one before him was even close making such a long pass except Oliseh. JJ was not that with such passes.