Brian Idowu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Brian Idowu

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We rarely talk about this boy. How’s he doing at his club and how does he rank amongst our potential starters in Russia? Based on his 45mins cameo v Argentina, I think the two areas he might be ahead is in marking and getting up n down the left flank.
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Brian Idowu

Post by joao »

Even though he resides in Russia, one game should not cement his position on the team.
He needs to show more in the coming friendlies to prove he truly belongs. Same with Egbuehi.
It's interestingly funny how many here are eager to list new findings for the world cup team after
just one outing. Some herein even go as far as listing players that have not even played a
single game. Internet football experts!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

joao wrote:Even though he resides in Russia, one game should not cement his position on the team.
He needs to show more in the coming friendlies to prove he truly belongs. Same with Egbuehi.
It's interestingly funny how many here are eager to list new findings for the world cup team after
just one outing. Some herein even go as far as listing players that have not even played a
That just goes to show you how poor the team that qualified was. We qualified because we had weak opponents not because we had a good team.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
joao wrote:Even though he resides in Russia, one game should not cement his position on the team.
That just goes to show you how poor the team that qualified was.
We qualified because we had weak opponents not because we had a good team.
If wishes were horses, I would have loved to see a match-up between the team that qualified
and the 'all star team' that you are suggesting should replace it. When your new recruits lose,
please save the excuse about lack of cohesion because that is where we are headed with the
total overhaul of the qualifying team as you are suggesting.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
That just goes to show you how poor the team that qualified was. We qualified because we had weak opponents not because we had a good team.

We are very funny people. We had weak oppone ts in the group of death.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

nemi2002 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Na do we am o :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I'm surprised how you're not singing how weak our team is on the Croatian forum. You say one thing here and another over there.

If we don't qualify, we are bad. We qualify, it's because others were worse.

Dude no come spoil Xmas with ya bad belle o. :roll:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

nemi2002 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

No. Ayo is a very funny person.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

He scored in his first game, he scored within his first few mins playing for SE, he shut down Argentina, he played like he was part of the team,

"What more do you want". ( Tyrese voice)
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

pajimoh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I'm surprised how you're not singing how weak our team is on the Croatian forum. You say one thing here and another over there.

He was praising Enyeama on the Croatian forum :D
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

aruako1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He was praising Enyeama on the Croatian forum :D
Is he Bipolar?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

nemi2002 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

This so-called Group of Death was no harder than your average UEFA Group. If you go to Conmebol too, teams like Chile, Ecuador and Paraguay who did not qualify, are better than all the three teams in our group.

Come to think of it, within Caf, was our group the hardest? I am sure the likes of Ghana, Ivory Coast, South Africa and DR Congo believe they did not qualify because they were in particularly hard groups.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

This so-called Group of Death was no harder than your average UEFA Group. If you go to Conmebol too, teams like Chile, Ecuador and Paraguay who did not qualify, are better than all the three teams in our group.

Come to think of it, within Caf, was our group the hardest? I am sure the likes of Ghana, Ivory Coast, South Africa and DR Congo believe they did not qualify because they were in particularly hard groups.
Algeria, Cameroon, Nigeria and Zambia is most definitely harder than most UEFA groups.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

airwolex wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Algeria, Cameroon, Nigeria and Zambia is most definitely harder than most UEFA groups.
Keep deluding yourself. I saw nothing to scare me in that group.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Wow this poor boy's name has been gbutchered! :lol: After the WC, I think you will be spelling his name perfectly well.
What I liked about Idowu was his defensive positioning. I'm not sold on Aina in the left back position due to this. Elderson is a lot slower, but does not give wingers yards of space to operate. The Idowu I saw was a refreshing combination of having an attacking threat when needed, defensive discipline, youth and speed. Very promising at the very least.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

greg wrote:
Wow this poor boy's name has been gbutchered! :lol: After the WC, I think you will be spelling his name perfectly well.
What I liked about Idowu was his defensive positioning. I'm not sold on Aina in the left back position due to this. Elderson is a lot slower, but does not give wingers yards of space to operate. The Idowu I saw was a refreshing combination of having an attacking threat when needed, defensive discipline, youth and speed. Very promising at the very least.
I would take Joel Obi and Brian Idowu to Russia as my two leftbacks. I would then have Ola Aina on my back-up list. However, let us see what Rohr decides. His invitation list for the March friendlies will be very informative.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
greg wrote:
I would take Joel Obi and Brian Idowu to Russia as my two leftbacks. I would then have Ola Aina on my back-up list. However, let us see what Rohr decides. His invitation list for the March friendlies will be very informative.
Nura is back!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
greg wrote:
Nura is back!
Nura is a rightback. I would have Ebuehi as my rightback with Abdullahi as my back-up. Maybe Nura can make the standby list if he comes good.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We qualified in a group that had 3 previous African champions and 2 teams that qualified for the previous World Cup and some comedian has the nerve to call it a “weak group”? That group was the strongest in Africa, Europe and Asia please stop talking nonsense. I️ believe that rohr made it so easy winning with style, elegance that’s why people are not giving him enough credits
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

john12 wrote:We qualified in a group that had 3 previous African champions and 2 teams that qualified for the previous World Cup and some comedian has the nerve to call it a “weak group”? That group was the strongest in Africa, Europe and Asia please stop talking nonsense. I️ believe that rohr made it so easy winning with style, elegance that’s why people are not giving him enough credits
Please let Ayo, the ITK of football, toot his horn.
He pretends to know better than the coach, but is yet to tender his application for the job.
It takes a lot of self confidence to put together some of the statements on his 10-pointers.

― Chris Hedges