K Nwakali stuck on the bench

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
K Nwakali stuck on the bench

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He used to get minutes as a sub but that has all but disappeared, he hasn't left the bench in the last 3 games. For a player that some are willing to play ahead of Mikel as playmaker this is very disturbing. What happened to the heir apparent? Is he so good that the coaches at venlo can't play him because they have low football IQ?
OCCUPY NFF!!
mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: K Nwakali stuck on the bench

Post by mystic »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He used to get minutes as a sub but that has all but disappeared, he hasn't left the bench in the last 3 games. For a player that some are willing to play ahead of Mikel as playmaker this is very disturbing. What happened to the heir apparent? Is he so good that the coaches at venlo can't play him because they have low football IQ?

He's a developing player who is nowhere near ready for the World Cup. All the same, he will be just fine. Needs to improve the defensive side of his game. I think that's the principal reason why he doesn't get as much playing time as his talent warrants.

Would love to see him playing for Oliseh next season.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

mystic wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He used to get minutes as a sub but that has all but disappeared, he hasn't left the bench in the last 3 games. For a player that some are willing to play ahead of Mikel as playmaker this is very disturbing. What happened to the heir apparent? Is he so good that the coaches at venlo can't play him because they have low football IQ?

He's a developing player who is nowhere near ready for the World Cup. All the same, he will be just fine. Needs to improve the defensive side of his game. I think that's the principal reason why he doesn't get as much playing time as his talent warrants.

Amazing how a player can have such potential but the coaches still won't play him enough to actually improve on the defensive end. Would this be the same if he was Dutch or English? Seems to me that this only applies to African players.
OCCUPY NFF!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I've watched most games. Unlike for example Iheanacho he oozed class whenever I saw him. He was by far the best midfielder on the field.

I am honestly shocked Nwakali has been benched. It seemed like Nwakali should be irreplaceable within a few games. Instead he was benched.

I can't get my head around it.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
mystic wrote:

Amazing how a player can have such potential but the coaches still won't play him enough to actually improve on the defensive end. Would this be the same if he was Dutch or English? Seems to me that this only applies to African players.
I second the sentiment. I can't believe he's not being played based on what I saw.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Whether or not he gets a shot at a place in the World Cup squad this year remains to be seen, but this boy has all the makings of a future super eagles midfield general. I hope he gets the chance to develop to his full potential
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If we had a playmaker it would not be a bother but for now we have no one save maybe Abdul Ajagun. Or can Alex Iwobi play the role?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ayo - Mikel is the SE's playmaker :idea:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:If we had a playmaker it would not be a bother but for now we have no one save maybe Abdul Ajagun. Or can Alex Iwobi play the role?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Where is Lukman Haruna and Rabiu Ibrahim? I remember someone cursing the coaches for not selecting both of them.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

wanaj0 wrote:Where is Lukman Haruna and Rabiu Ibrahim? I remember someone cursing the coaches for not selecting both of them.
That's vancity rodent. Like Ayo, he spews a lot of rubbish and never gets held . He cursed Keshi up till the man died for not inviting Haruna.
OCCUPY NFF!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Lukman Haruna was really pretty good for a time, something didn't work out for him, but I liked him being in the squad.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

YUJAM wrote:Ayo - Mikel is the SE's playmaker :idea:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:If we had a playmaker it would not be a bother but for now we have no one save maybe Abdul Ajagun. Or can Alex Iwobi play the role?

We need Mikel in front of the back four oooooo. He brings calm to the front of the defence.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Did all these European coaches have a meeting and had a thing for Nigerian talents? How come all our players in Europe are either on the bench, or relegated to the water bottle teams?
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

They were doing great last season, then Nigeria qualifies for WC, and all of them are shunned. Something for Nigeria?