Ovie Ejaria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ovie Ejaria

Post by pajimoh »

icee wrote:This post will eventually be pulled up in the future. Ovie is class. I mean class. He needs to keep playing for England U21s so the peeps in the EPL don't start hating on his career (this part is my opinion) for switching Nigeria. Once he owns Henderson's spot (only a matter of time), he will then switch officially. I actually think Ovie right now, is better than Ogu, Agu, Onazi. I, however, do not think he'll make it in Russia (even though I think he more clever, more polished that all the three i mentioned - with engine and speed). I am especially excited for us in 2022. With the likes of Ovie, Ekong, Ebuhe, Aina, Nacho, Iwobi, Uzuho, Ndidi will be 25 (in his prime).
Ovie might be class but how many new faces fo you want to inject into the team at this stage and still expect them to play like s team that's been together for years?

If I could list all the possible names brandished on this site for invitation or inclusion we'd have 23 new players.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

pajimoh wrote:
icee wrote:This post will eventually be pulled up in the future. Ovie is class. I mean class. He needs to keep playing for England U21s so the peeps in the EPL don't start hating on his career (this part is my opinion) for switching Nigeria. Once he owns Henderson's spot (only a matter of time), he will then switch officially. I actually think Ovie right now, is better than Ogu, Agu, Onazi. I, however, do not think he'll make it in Russia (even though I think he more clever, more polished that all the three i mentioned - with engine and speed). I am especially excited for us in 2022. With the likes of Ovie, Ekong, Ebuhe, Aina, Nacho, Iwobi, Uzuho, Ndidi will be 25 (in his prime).
Ovie might be class but how many new faces fo you want to inject into the team at this stage and still expect them to play like s team that's been together for years?

If I could list all the possible names brandished on this site for invitation or inclusion we'd have 23 new players.
I agree with you that's why my excitement is put in perspective -2022 and the ANC leading up to
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Old boy I am saying it now we will regret it BIG TIME if we let this guy go to England... the moment he started playing regularly on loan we should have gone for him. If he plays a whole season on loan somewhere I guarantee England will call him up. I GUARANTEE IT!! England have no one like him at the moment and once he starts to shine England will be in like a shot. We need to call him up before that happens.
YNWA
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Logic isn’t what you would expect on an Internet forum so this clamor for youth players is not surprising but the question still needs to be asked. Do you guys really expect to be competitive in the World Cup with a team of age grade players :?: Seriously :!:

Cheers.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Logic isn’t what you would expect on an Internet forum so this clamor for youth players is not surprising but the question still needs to be asked. Do you guys really expect to be competitive in the World Cup with a team of age grade players :?: Seriously :!:

Cheers.
Has anyone suggested selecting him for the 2018 World Cup?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

heavyd wrote:
Old boy I am saying it now we will regret it BIG TIME if we let this guy go to England... the moment he started playing regularly on loan we should have gone for him. If he plays a whole season on loan somewhere I guarantee England will call him up. I GUARANTEE IT!! England have no one like him at the moment and once he starts to shine England will be in like a shot. We need to call him up before that happens.
I doubt it. Firstly, it depends WHERE he goes on loan. If it's to a Championship team then he's not getting called up by England. If it's to a promoted team in the Premiership then it's unlikely he'll be called up. He'd really need to break into the Liverpool team and I can't see that happening just yet.

All the same, Nigeria should call him up to an ANC qualifier if he's in form.

The player I'd like Nigeria to take a close look at is Josh Onomah...
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The YeyeMan wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Logic isn’t what you would expect on an Internet forum so this clamor for youth players is not surprising but the question still needs to be asked. Do you guys really expect to be competitive in the World Cup with a team of age grade players :?: Seriously :!:

Cheers.
vancity eagle wrote:I have told you all years ago that ejaria should be a priority for Nigeria. Yes he is better than some of our current midfielders and his is young as well.

If we can add Ejaria it would be a major boost to our bench options.

I will take him over Mikel Agu, or John Ogu any day of the week.
icee wrote:I agree with Vancity I think the guy is pretty good. I've watched him too. He also loves his fatherland. Tried to play for Nigeria in the U17 (he was cut). I'm a Liverpool fan, I'll take him over Henderson
I guess you have your answer :idea: :!:

Cheers.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Story story story. If he wants to play for us he must wait after World Cup. Also, Ejaria might have the potential to become a world class player but to say he is currently better than John Ogu is absolutely asinine
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Cheers.
vancity eagle wrote:I have told you all years ago that ejaria should be a priority for Nigeria. Yes he is better than some of our current midfielders and his is young as well.

If we can add Ejaria it would be a major boost to our bench options.

I will take him over Mikel Agu, or John Ogu any day of the week.
icee wrote:I agree with Vancity I think the guy is pretty good. I've watched him too. He also loves his fatherland. Tried to play for Nigeria in the U17 (he was cut). I'm a Liverpool fan, I'll take him over Henderson
I guess you have your answer :idea: :!:

Cheers.
Yes. The answer is nobody. :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

john12 wrote:Story story story. If he wants to play for us he must wait after World Cup. Also, Ejaria might have the potential to become a world class player but to say he is currently better than John Ogu is absolutely asinine
I prefer a potential word class player over John Ogu. Ronaldo gained valuable experience as a bench player at the 94' WC. I have seen Ejaria play several times and I must say he is special and an investment in the future. John Ogu is just an average squad player with a good shot.
We need to think sustainable to guarantee future success.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The YeyeMan wrote:

Cheers.
Honestly I bow for some of these guys. Is the WC the last tournament Nigeria will ever go to? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

The YeyeMan wrote:
heavyd wrote:
I doubt it. Firstly, it depends WHERE he goes on loan. If it's to a Championship team then he's not getting called up by England. If it's to a promoted team in the Premiership then it's unlikely he'll be called up. He'd really need to break into the Liverpool team and I can't see that happening just yet.

All the same, Nigeria should call him up to an ANC qualifier if he's in form.

The player I'd like Nigeria to take a close look at is Josh Onomah...
I wasn't advocating taking him to tis World cup o!
We should just register our interest sooner rather than later
YNWA