George Weah Becomes PRESIDENT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
George Weah Becomes PRESIDENT

Post by Enugu II »

As you all know, George Oppong Weah contested the run off against Dr. Bokai for the Liberian President today. Unconfirmed reports have him leading by 80% in certain polls. If this is officially confirmed, he will become the first professional footballer to ever rise to become a President of any nation.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: George Weah Becomes PRESIDENT

Post by kajifu »

:clap: :clap: One of Wenger son is the president.
Weah one of the best CF to play the game hope he become a good president just like he was a good footballer.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Didn't he run and lose in 2005 or 2006?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

kajifu wrote::clap: :clap: One of Wenger son is the president.
Weah one of the best CF to play the game hope he become a good president just like he was a good footballer.
Wenger should be appointed minister of finance. Liberia may need his shrewdness. Hope he will not 'relegate' Liberia.

Congrats to George and the Liberian people.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This is actually a worrying development. I have listened to Weah during the campaigns and he is way out of his depth here. He has no idea about the issues. His candidacy is based on populism and has no intellectual substance.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:This is actually a worrying development. I have listened to Weah during the campaigns and he is way out of his depth here. He has no idea about the issues. His candidacy is based on populism and has no intellectual substance.
You haven't listened to the Gambian president then.

George Opong Weah has had a truly amazing life. He is part bredda too btw
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Then I listened to Donald Trump ...........
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:This is actually a worrying development. I have listened to Weah during the campaigns and he is way out of his depth here. He has no idea about the issues. His candidacy is based on populism and has no intellectual substance.
He cannot possibly be any worse than Dotard Trump...
The key for a leader is vision and using competent/honest folks.

Congratulations and GOOD LUCK to him and our Liberian siblings.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
The key for a leader is vision and using competent/honest folks. gotti

Uhm, Gotti.....
Why did you write 'good luck' in caps?
Do they need it that badly? :sneaky:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

YUJAM wrote:
You haven't listened to the Gambian president then.
You supported him, no?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Have you listened to dotard tRump? :ohmy:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

As usual I remain shocked at your thought processes.

Yes, Weah does have a dose of populism in his speeches, but he has really prepared himself for politics these past 10 or so years, meanwhile outside of rallies he speaks very sensibly and has some great policies set forth. You really need to distinguish between the rallies and how Weah speaks normally.

He is not a half-witted politician. I am actually very positively surprised at how well thought out are his policies once you get past the populist rhetoric.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Weah na Charles Taylor paddyman . Hope he is able to push Liberia in a new positive didection.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:This is actually a worrying development. I have listened to Weah during the campaigns and he is way out of his depth here. He has no idea about the issues.
surely can't be worse than buhari, goodluck jonathan or 99% of the other african leaders
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Populism like mass education, mass health that the former world bank employee Mrs Sirleaf Johnson who despite all the intelectualusm did not achieve much.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Some people dey use Trump as their yardstick. Kai!

George Weah is backed by the youth who fought in the war as child soldiers and who are hopeful of retaining their former positions of glory. His populism is about appeasing them. I wonder if Weah even knows the meaning of the term economic diversification, talk less not about having any plans for it.

When Weah is asked about GDP, FDI, growth rates, etc, he evades the question with answers about how he loves his people. I do not see any coherent policies coming out of Liberia soon. I just hope he proves me wrong and makes me eat humble pie
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gotti wrote:
The key for a leader is vision and using competent/honest folks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some on this site have said it it is "so-called" press and "fake news" that make Trump appear to be Dotard.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

This is why Africa will find it difficult to progress. Anyone thinks they have what it takes to lead a country. Can I count on Weah to articulate Liberia's position or be astute enough to know when he's been manipulated when meeting world leaders?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Some people dey use Trump as their yardstick. Kai!

George Weah is backed by the youth who fought in the war as child soldiers and who are hopeful of retaining their former positions of glory. His populism is about appeasing them. I wonder if Weah even knows the meaning of the term economic diversification, talk less not about having any plans for it.

When Weah is asked about GDP, FDI, growth rates, etc, he evades the question with answers about how he loves his people. I do not see any coherent policies coming out of Liberia soon. I just hope he proves me wrong and makes me eat humble pie
You are used to eating humble pies anyway.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

pajimoh wrote:This is why Africa will find it difficult to progress. Anyone thinks they have what it takes to lead a country. Can I count on Weah to articulate Liberia's position or be astute enough to know when he's been manipulated when meeting world leaders?
Oh please...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

fabio wrote:
pajimoh wrote:This is why Africa will find it difficult to progress. Anyone thinks they have what it takes to lead a country. Can I count on Weah to articulate Liberia's position or be astute enough to know when he's been manipulated when meeting world leaders?
Oh please...
George Weah is as intellectually lightweight as they come. I really fear for Liberia’s future. Is this a man going to negotiate with the IMF and World Bank? They will run rings round him non stop.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
fabio wrote:
Oh please...
George Weah is as intellectually lightweight as they come. I really fear for Liberia’s future. Is this a man going to negotiate with the IMF and World Bank? They will run rings round him non stop.
The one that worked in the world bank what did she negotiate
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Prince wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
fabio wrote:
Oh please...
The one that worked in the world bank what did she negotiate
She at least has an idea of the issues. Weah cannot string two coherent sentneces together:

Look at him trying to talk about the economy:

At least Sirleaf-Johnson can debate the issues:

She did not embarrass Liberia speaking here at Harvard: